• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Resume Writing Service

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are skeptical, you can replace all the sensitive information like your real name, address, contact no and current and past companies with fictitious names. This will help you protect your confidentiality.

Nice of you to offer your service. A lot of people, especially technical people are bad in resume writing.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice of you to offer your service. A lot of people, especially technical people are bad in resume writing.

I personally feel that this is one of the reasons why FTs have an advantage esp if they are proficient in English. A resume is just an entry to a job recruitment process.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are alot of books in the library that teach one how to write a good resume. and tons of samples on the net too.

by the way, have anyone of you consider your

INFORMATION PRIVACY!!

when u give your resume to someone on the net without the other party revealing who he is??!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are alot of books in the library that teach one how to write a good resume. and tons of samples on the net too.

INFORMATION PRIVACY!!

when u give your resume to someone on the net without the other party revealing who he is??!

i always tot your resume contains your private details of your work history?

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal

INFORMATION PRIVACY!!

Read the thread carefully, all your concerns have been discussed. I don't need the information in the resume.

U can masked out all confidential information. EVERYONE has already considered INFORMATION PRIVACY, thank you.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun really think is a good idea to reveal your private information with so many whackos running around here...

Last edited:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always tot your resume contains your private details of your work history?

U don't have to denote that your work eg: for IBM Singapore as a IT engineer. Just put "ABC, one of the biggest IT companies in the world."

In fact, a headhunter when seeking out candidates for a company would often shield the current and previous companies of the candidate if he/she requests until the interview process.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun really think is a good idea to reveal your private information with so many whackos around here...

Who is asking for to reveal private information?? I don't even want to know the name, address, contact and companies.

Resume writing is a skill like learning Adobe Photoshop. U can pick up and learn from books and samples but it there is a difference between a novice and an experienced practitioner.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

If you doubt resume_assist, masked off your private information.

If you still doubt resume_assist after you have masked off your private information, then dun seek assistance. You do not need it in the first place.

If you still doubt resume_assist even you masked off your private information and think that you do not need assistance but still bitch about private information of others seeking help, please wear two boards around your neck with one in front of your body and another at the back with the sentence - "I AM A SINKIE !!"

So, please, moronic sinkies, let other "unfortunate" ones get help from resume_assist. When you need help desperately and someone like resume_assist comes along, you jump him and you may want to meet up with him personally to thank him. This would help you to ease all your fears.

Of course, another way to FUCK FEAR is to DRINK BEER !!!

maxtor

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, just helped two bros with their cover letters and resumes with the last 24 hours. All the best to them. :smile:

I've read this thread and I found some of them comments uncalled for. If you are paranoid about him, suspect resume_assist for having another agenda other than a good heart, then i suggest you ignore this thread.

Our society has turned us into very cold people. If someone is nice to you, then that person either wants your money or has an ill-intentioned agenda. There is no room for abit of warmth, kind acts nor generosity.

I was one of the two people that resume_assist helped. I must say he gave my resume a very professional looking format. even i think my resume looks alot better now.

Thanks once again resume_assist.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've read this thread and I found some of them comments uncalled for. If you are paranoid about him, suspect resume_assist for having another agenda other than a good heart, then i suggest you ignore this thread.

Our society has turned us into very cold people. If someone is nice to you, then that person either wants your money or has an ill-intentioned agenda. There is no room for abit of warmth, kind acts nor generosity.

I was one of the two people that resume_assist helped. I must say he gave my resume a very professional looking format. even i think my resume looks alot better now.

Thanks once again resume_assist.

Sinkieland society has turn them into sinkie people. You got to understand, when you are among sinkies, these sort of behavior exist.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If someone is nice to you, then that person either wants your money or has an ill-intentioned agenda. There is no room for abit of warmth, kind acts nor generosity.

If an Ang Moh is nice to me, it is quite possible that the Ang Moh is a genuinely nice, caring and considerate person. I'll give that Ang Moh the benefit of doubt.

However, if a Sinkie, especially an ethnic Chinese Sinkie, shows me some kindness, generosity or consideration, I'd be on my guard immediately as it runs counter to the national psyche. It's something you simply do not expect from a Singaporean.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true. The resume is only the entry ticket. The rest is up to the individual on how desperate he is for the job. Look from the employer perspective. This is the buyer (employer) world today. So I will screen thru the resumes, select a few and try to get the best for the price I can afford. Question here is: What would make a resume stand out? Willingness to work for less is attractive but for a wise employer, there is more that meets the eye. Cheers, :wink:
agreed, well written resume/CV is a tool to open doors.

however, according to feedback from frens in HR or headhunting positions, resume/CV well written is good, but sometimes, employers or managers dare not hire selective candidates, not bcos they can't do the job, bt bcos the new generation of career seekers (especially with some yrs of experience), sometimes outshine the ones (refering to the manager/snr staff) ) interviewing them.

in times like these, companies r keen to hire the best while having to fork out less to afford that headcount. but in some cases, employers prefer hiring under-qualified ones, so they're own ricebowl is secured.

n this is also 1 of the contributing reasons y some prefer hiring FTs, cos FTs just want a job, not a career. hence r willing to b slaves for pennies.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would appreciate if those who doubt this thread ignore it rather than to pass snide comments which served no purpose to a job seeker (but maybe to depressed them further). For the record, I have just finished my sixth resume for folks who believe in me.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
however, according to feedback from frens in HR or headhunting positions, resume/CV well written is good, but sometimes, employers or managers dare not hire selective candidates, not bcos they can't do the job, bt bcos the new generation of career seekers (especially with some yrs of experience), sometimes outshine the ones (refering to the manager/snr staff) ) interviewing them.

in times like these, companies r keen to hire the best while having to fork out less to afford that headcount. but in some cases, employers prefer hiring under-qualified ones, so they're own ricebowl is secured.

THis is a sinkie behavior, right on the spot.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would appreciate if those who doubt this thread ignore it rather than to pass snide comments which served no purpose to a job seeker (but maybe to depressed them further). For the record, I have just finished my sixth resume for folks who believe in me.

Now you understand how i feel when i saw those worthless sinkies behaving and talk loudly like some millionaire or some PHD in bangkok.

tristesse

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ever worked as a headhunter, and when we sent the resume to clients, we removed all the personal information or any possible indication to tell who this candidate is.
resume_assist doesn't need to know who you are to assist you in your resume writing. And, if you still have doubts then just do it yourself.
This is pretty straight forward, isn't it?