• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Internet surfing for 4 more years

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free also kena criticised

Singaporeans really CMI

Please lets import more PRC talent

After all these years why now give FREE:confused:
You know the PAP record lah, nothing is free. Internet use has reached a saturation point with almost all households paying for it.

So this free services is not much use for most users in HDB land.

Sporeans are actually subsiding "free" usage for the tourists :rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know the PAP record lah, nothing is free. Internet use has reached a saturation point with almost all households paying for it.

Eh, it has been free all along

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal

It has been free over the past years and the next 4 years the speed will be much faster than the existing one. :smile:

The great PAP government is always helping and aiding the needy people in Singapore. Well done PAP. :smile:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makapaa is the mole of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. Even not free he will claim to be free. Anything to put down Singapore no matter how untrue it is.

Did U even read the website U just posted? Its not free. U need to pay to use. It is those who allow users to access their home network that will get paid for doing it. I was wondering why there was such a good deal, got free internet, especially in Europe where they charge insane fees.

http://www.hotsplots.de/en/fun/fun-principles.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has been free over the past years and the next 4 years the speed will be much faster than the existing one. :smile:

The great PAP government is always helping and aiding the needy people in Singapore. Well done PAP. :smile:

If it was free then why would anone bother to subscribe & pay $20+ per month:confused:

For the free modem(actually its not free) :biggrin:

Come on you should know the Spore gov't better, don't you work for them :smile:

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was free then why would anone bother to subscribe & pay $20+ per month:confused:

For the free modem(actually its not free) :biggrin:

Come on you should know the Spore gov't better, don't you work for them :smile:

Well for people paying $20+ over dollars per month is they wanted even higher speed and bandwidth Internet connection. Now with our great PAP government allowing a much faster and free wireless connections, the people in Singapore will surely benefit from it. Look at how caring and loving our PAP government is to the people in Singapore. :smile:

And besides I do not work in the Govt sector and I already know how great the PAP government is. 3 cheers for PAP. :smile:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the problem with the people here. You can't find any country like Singapore with the great PAP government offering such free wireless Internet access for approximately 8 over years. We all should be glad we have such a caring and loving government. Well done PAP, you have done a tremendous job. :smile:
Ur wrong, all action only to impress FT, u die u business for locals

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well for people paying $20+ over dollars per month is they wanted even higher speed and bandwidth Internet connection. Now with our great PAP government allowing a much faster and free wireless connections, the people in Singapore will surely benefit from it. Look at how caring and loving our PAP government is to the people in Singapore. :smile:

And besides I do not work in the Govt sector and I already know how great the PAP government is. 3 cheers for PAP. :smile:

Wifi is limited to 100 meters lah. You can only receive the signals if you are in the same building

So even if its free, no one outside a mall can get this FREE service :smile:
In other words just another PAP PR stunt.

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 cheers for the PAP!

without them, we will not get free wifi, singapore will not lose billions of dollars, we will not have the highest paid ruling politicians in the world, we will not such stupid and ineffective opposition, we will not get to drink recycled urine!

3 cheers for the PAP!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which FREE services are you referring to, the free dial up?

Is that still being offered?

Or do you mean the FREE wifi you find at the malls :confused:

For someone who post so many comments in here, I'd assume U would have already read the first thread and did some research. The FREE wifi is for Wireless@SG, the ones that are available at some malls and a lot of coffee joints like Starbucks.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wifi is limited to 100 meters lah. You can only receive the signals if you are in the same building

It is an ACTUAL FREE SERVICE which cost a lot of REAL MONEY every year. how is that just another PR stunt. For crying out loud I disagree with PAPsupporter coz he was talking nonsense and kowtowing to PAP like they are gods or something but condemning the government for providing FREE internet access even if it is limited to certain areas is just as stupid if not more so.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sure, remoted place very slow.
too expensive to provide them with good servive in first world country
but singapore is not a remote place.
singapore is a city
so we compare city to city

i being to Seoul, Tokyo, Nagoya, Amsterdam, NYC all much faster than Singapore.
So fast, you can download a blu ray film raw.
it is call fiber optics. real fiber optics, not the bullshit PAP try to sell you.

1Gbps = 1000Mbps = 125 MB/s - the speed between your CPU and your HD is much less than that.

Amsterdam Tests Residential 1Gbps Fiber
While city muni-fiber operation delivers fiber to the house boat...
(old news - 01:49PM Thursday Sep 11 2008)
tags: Fiber · business · bandwidth · world · municipal

Amsterdam not only has one of the busiest global Internet exchanges, but consumers also see some fantastic speeds in a city that increasingly treats broadband like a utility. Cable operators have been testing 120Mbps pre-certification DOCSIS 3.0 speeds, the city was the first in Europe to see Wireless WiMax, and they're also deploying municipal fiber thanks to private investment funds and an organization named CityNet. Cooperatively with Netherlands carriers GNA, BBned, and InterNLnet, the outfit has just concluded a 3-day test of 1Gbps connectivity for residential consumers over their network.

"The technical results are quite satisfying," says CityNet's Managing Director Herman Wagter (this older interview is a must read). "The upgrade to 1 Gbps was easy," Wagter says in an e-mail announcing the project. "The STB's are not yet stable but do perform well enough. The transfer speeds to disk of a normal laptop is too slow, a desktop PC will give you 500 Mbps, an optimized PC reached 990 Mbps symmetrical transfer." Not only is CityNet running fiber to the home, they're running fiber to the houseboat (which, if you've visited, are almost as common as bicycles):

It seems the company has developed a new type of optical connector that allows houseboat owners to physically connect to Amsterdam's CityNet fiber-optic network upon mooring and disconnect whenever a trip is necessary. "Trials proved that with minor modifications, a very robust beam connector originally developed for military applications is ideally suited for houseboat applications. It can be cleaned easily and has good transmission characteristics."
As for bumping speeds to 1Gbps, Wagter says that the price levels of equipment are dropping to a level where "1 Gbps seems to become commercially viable", and the consumer equipment for fast and practical home networks (including settopboxes for full HD) is appearing on the market. "So it seemed a good idea to do some testing to prepare ourselves," he says.

Roughly about 40,000 homes (and houseboats) are currently connected to the CityNet network, with the plan being to bring connectivity to half a million. For those interested, CityNet has posted a YouTube video of the 1Gbps connectivity test. The 120 meter patch-cord shown in the video is new bendable fiber, a variant of which, made by Corning (see video demo) is now being used for FiOS installs in NYC.

Not really. I loss count of the number of countries which have slower speed on average then us. Even a country with fast connections like Australia has its own set of problems. The number of open wireless internet area is pretty limited and the charges are very high. The fact that internet connection is not always readily available in public places means that there's no point having a fast connection even if you are the gateway between Asia and the US since foreigners like us isnt going to find it easy to get connected to anywhere. I cant even get GPRS signal on my blackberry at some of our plants in Australia though I have to admit those plants are usually located in ulu areas.

The problem is compounded by the fact that a good number of hotels(even the better ones) in Australia, and I've stayed in almost all the major cities around the country(cept Darwain), doesnt even offer internet access or access at really slow speeds. The same goes for Taiwan however the rates in Taiwan is by far a lot cheaper then that in Australia and even SG.

And seriously the situation isnt that good in Europe either, the speed isnt that much better and but the fees you pay are ridiculous to say the least, Connectivity isnt so much of an issue however as far as I could find, all their plans have limited access.

I heard Korea has a decent infrastructure but I havent actually had the chance to go around looking but Japan is pretty well covered however very often I found the network is not totally free, a number of P2P software are totally blocked or badly restricted.

But seriously if you only consider speed of access, we're actually not that bad, if you consider area of coverage we're not that bad either.

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these wireless signals around may cause future health problems like cancer and infertility

For all you know sinkaporeans may be dropping dead due to this

You fucking fucktard! Govt give you motherfucking pea-brain people free services you all kp, Govt don't give you all you all also kp, WTF you motherfucking cry babies want?! What a fucking fucktard you are!

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free also kena criticised

Singaporeans really CMI

Please lets import more PRC talent

That is the fucking problem with these pea-brain cry babies here. Very hard to please them, they are too pampered and spoilt. Give them things they will never appreciate, these fucktards should be slaughtered and sell in the market!

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal

You fucking fucktard! Why the fuck you want to surf Net under the hot sun? Only fucktards like you will sit in the sun and connect to the wireless and surf the Net. What a fucking funny fucktard you are!

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal

You fucking fucktard, why you want to talk sense to these fucking pea-brain cry babies? They have no brain to think and no heart of appreciations. These people need to be chopped into pieces and hang in market area to be sold to the public.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You fucking fucktard! Why the fuck you want to surf Net under the hot sun? Only fucktards like you will sit in the sun and connect to the wireless and surf the Net. What a fucking funny fucktard you are!

Eh don't know about you but I try to make money using the internet.

So I spend alot of time online. I suspect I respond to many posts by the truth brigade :p

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is an ACTUAL FREE SERVICE which cost a lot of REAL MONEY every year. how is that just another PR stunt. For crying out loud I disagree with PAPsupporter coz he was talking nonsense and kowtowing to PAP like they are gods or something but condemning the government for providing FREE internet access even if it is limited to certain areas is just as stupid if not more so.

Why do I call it a PR stunt?

This freebie is not targeted at peasants. We are already paying for a connection.

So who's benefitting from this freebie?

Our new buses are wheelchair friendly but there are very services that are actually approved to carry wheelchair commuters.

All for show with no substance :rolleyes: