• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Football: LionsXII midfielder suspended by FAS

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Football: LionsXII midfielder suspended by FAS
By Julia Ng | Posted: 06 February 2012 2228 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

inShare1 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE: The Football Association of Singapore (FAS) has suspended LionsXII's midfielder, Firdaus Kasman from all football activities with immediate effect for breaches of the provisions of the Code of Conduct & Professional Ethics.

According to Firdaus Kasman, he, his fiancee, and his childhood friend had gone to Clarke Quay to celebrate his belated birthday on February 4, 2012.

He had some drinks, and felt high and nauseous. His childhood friend then helped him to the toilet.

Before doing so, his childhood friend picked up a lady's handbag, thinking that it belonged to Firdaus' fiancee. Unfortunately, it did not belong to her.

Firdaus and his childhood friend were then detained by the police for investigations, which led to his absence from training on February 5, 2012. The police is continuing with their investigations.

Firdaus denies any involvement in any offence.

The FAS said as the police is investigating, it is inappropriate for it to make further comments on the matter.

However, the FAS is suspending Firdaus on the grounds that he had breached the Code of Conduct & Professional Ethics which, among other things, specifically prohibits the consumption of alcohol at any time.

The consumption of alcohol to the extent that his friend was required to assist him to the toilet to vomit was a conduct which brings negative publicity, embarrassment or disrepute to the FAS, and has tarnished and disparaged the image of Singapore and the FAS.

The appropriate internal investigation will be carried out with a view to convening a disciplinary inquiry against Firdaus.

An FAS spokesman said: "The FAS is of the unwavering view that the irresponsible conduct of Firdaus cannot be tolerated. There is absolutely no compromise for the exemplary conduct of players and officials who are contracted to FAS and playing for the LionsXII team.

"We will not hesitate to take appropriate action if any player is found guilty of breaching the team's code of conduct.

"Firdaus has informed us that he is not involved in the alleged offence and he assured us that he will cooperate fully with the authorities during the investigation. However, should Firdaus be found guilty of the alleged offence, we will subsequently decide on what further action to be taken, including the termination of his contract."

The statement also quoted Firdaus Kasman's sincere apology to the FAS, the coaches and players of the LionsXII, his fans, family and loved ones for breaching the FAS Code of Conduct and Professional Ethics for LionsXII players.

Firdaus said he deeply regrets his action and he will accept the punishment meted out by the FAS Disciplinary Committee.

But he maintained that he "did not engage in any act which constitutes an offence".

Firdaus said: "As for the alleged offence, the case is currently under investigation and I am unable to make any comment. I will however like to add that I did not engage in any act which constitutes an offence. I will cooperate fully with the authorities in this matter and I am confident that the true facts of the case will be established soon."

a muslim drinking alcohol :eek: acceptable?

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

LionsXII

FAS

Never heard of it but i know Howard Webb is a Man U fan. :biggrin:

4u6pfr.jpg

Good advice coming from a Man U fan. :biggrin:

The goals Man U conceded were all due to silly defensive errors. Ferdinand realized late that the tall David Luiz was in a good scoring position if the cross from the freekick is delivered short. The third goal was a defensive lapse by Raphael who was nowhere near Mata when he hammered in a volley from a Torres cross.

Howard Webb was United's savior and should have been the 'Man of the Match' when he awarded a dubious penalty to the Red Devils when we were trailing 0-3. I think he was trying to make amends for his earlier mistake for not awarding a penalty in the early minutes of the first half when Cahill was adjudged to have miss timed his tackle on Welbeck.

If Howard Webb were to officiate the remaining games Man U have to play, I would urge all punters to bang BIG on Utd winning the Premier league this season.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hopelss jokers like him are one of the reasons why I shunned the Ass League... KNN, not yet famous but already behaving like an EPL Prima donna.. How many farking medals has he won in his fledgling career but yet he behaved like as if he had won 10 Malaysia Cup winning medals.. He's not even fit to polish Fandi's boots..