• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ferrari Driver Died ; Taxi Driver Injured On The Job - 12 of May

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
270km/h is crazy.
If never crash into taxi it will crash into something else.
Your reflexes cannot react fast enough at these speed on normal road even if you were alert much less the fucker was suspected drunk.
Pro race car drivers maybe can do it

I have gone at speeds beyond 200 kph and can tell you it is almost impossible to avoid a cat running across the road without endangering myself and my passenger. Even a Ferrari will find difficulty unless the driver is a professional with very quick reflexes. I even drove at high speeds on huge puddles of water and man....that was something as I could not even see the road after the water covered the windscreen. Nowadays I am a very sedate and safe driver, unlike my younger days.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on 30fsp and 10 meter travelled within 4 frames. But if up the frame speed of camera, the speed reduces. But if driver accelerated for that few secs just to clear the traffic lights, maybe.

Because the bro at edmw, made the assumption base on the common type of camera mounted on vehicle

If setting at 60fps, then it would be about 135km/h which is highly probable. Even the engine mounting bolts broke and engine hurled a distance.

270km/h is crazy.
If never crash into taxi it will crash into something else.
Your reflexes cannot react fast enough at these speed on normal road even if you were alert much less the fucker was suspected drunk.
Pro race car drivers maybe can do it

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One CSI bro at edmw said ferrari may be travelling at about 270km/hr based on assumed camera frame speed of 30fps.

a ferrari 599GTO top speed is 205m/h, so it exceed 320kmph.

sunday afternoon top gear repeat show clarkson introducing the car. i was thinking, knn, accident just happen and the repeat top gear show this car.:eek:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alcohol Effect ? Took His Chance To Accelerate Further ?

Based on 30fsp and 10 meter travelled within 4 frames. But if up the frame speed of camera, the speed reduces. But if driver accelerated for that few secs just to clear the traffic lights, maybe.

Because the bro at edmw, made the assumption base on the common type of camera mounted on vehicle

If setting at 60fps, then it would be about 135km/h which is highly probable. Even the engine mounting bolts broke and engine hurled a distance.

Maybe, he took his chance to 'clear' just before the bumper on the bonnet ? Acceleration is slightly worse than just the momentum before impact. 4000 or 5000 cc engine will create a powerful impact ?

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal

sunday afternoon top gear repeat show clarkson introducing the car. i was thinking, knn, accident just happen and the repeat top gear show this car.:eek:

It is evident that the driver must have been pretty drunk to speed beyond 120 kph. At 120 kph I daresay that the car can handle an emergency and turn left or right to avoid a collision. Either he was speeding more than 140 kph to beat the red light or he was going slower but drunk and slow reflexes and just crash head on into the taxi.

I am convinced he was going above 140 kph, fast enough to slam into the taxi, then hit a road barrier and onto the pavement a distance away. Another factor to take into account is he was very drunk at that time too.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Alcohol Effect ? Took His Chance To Accelerate Further ?

Maybe, he took his chance to 'clear' just before the bumper on the bonnet ? Acceleration is slightly worse than just the momentum before impact. 4000 or 5000 cc engine will create a powerful impact ?

It's not the capacity of engine but the kinetic energy, mass x kph that will determine the force.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can establish the frame speed of the camera that took the footage, then more or less can confirm leow.:o

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Singaporean cabby whose taxi was rammed by Ferrari has passed away from his injuries[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 14, 2012
The 52 year old Singaporean driver Mr Qin De Fu has succumbed to his injuries and passed away in the evening at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
“His lungs, liver and brain are all bleeding massively. Doctors said as the bleeding occurred in the center part of his brain, they are unable to operate on him,” his wife told the media, breaking down in tears.
He leaves behind his wife, two sons and a daughter. He is the sole breadwinner of the family.
Mr Qin was driving across a junction in Bugis when the green light was flashing when a red Ferrari driven by a PRC ‘foreign talent’ appeared out of nowhere and rammed into his taxi, a Hyundai Sonata which overturned on the spot trapping him and the female passenger in it:

Ma Chi died on the spot and the female passenger passed away hours later in hospital.
Such an accident being caused by a foreigner would have sparked a massive outcry in other countries but not in Singapore where the mainstream media had a field day ‘glamorizing’ Ma Chi by describing him as a ‘tall, young, handsome and successful‘ tycoon with a net-worth of millions of dollars as if he was some super-star:

The Straits Times even tried to defend him by quoting from his friends that he did not drink that night after a meeting at a clan association even when eye-witnesses already said he reeked of alcohol when they approached his body. It also tried to elicit public sympathy for the family of Ma Chi while ignoring the pain and suffering of other victims.
Instead of castigating Ma Chi for causing the fatal accident, the mainstream media chose to focus instead on his ‘tremendous contributions’ to Singapore since arriving from Sichuan province a few years ago, adding that he was a member of a clan association for Sichuan Chinese and is well ‘integrated’ in local society.
Some responses from Singaporeans on Facebook:
“R.I.P, hope that justice will be served, dam bloody frustrating to learn our fellow Singaporean dies at the hands of another so called FT.” – Benjamin Seah
“Irresponsible driver. Driving posh cars doesn’t mean that you can flaunt it to everyone. Paying it with your own life , its just your parents that are sad. Taking someone else’s life? That’s totally fcked up!” – Xavier Sioh
“He was a sole breadwinner. We should really all try to help his family after this incident.” – Kwok Chao Yang
__________________________________________________________________________________________​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the PRC 'Foreign Talent' had survived, how do you think the FAP court would sentence him - based on its track record when dealing with such 'FTs'?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Singaporean cabby now ‘brain dead’ after being crashed by ‘handsome and successful’ PRC Ferrari driver Ma Chi[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 13, 2012
The 52 year old Singaporean taxi driver has been declared brain dead at Tan Tock Seng Hospital today after being involved in a fatal traffic accident with a red Ferrari driven by a PRC ‘foreign talent’ Ma Chi (马驰) on Saturday morning in a Bugis junction.
The driver, known as Mr Qin De Fu has three children aged between 16 and 21 and is the sole breadwinner of his family. His sobbing wife told the media that he has been driving his cab at night for over 10 years and usually knocks off at 6am in the morning.
His daughter is currently studying in a local polytechnic while his sons are taking their ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels this year. Doctors said Mr Qin is in critical condition and is likely to ‘go’ in the next few days.

“His lungs, liver and brain are all bleeding massively. Doctors said as the bleeding occurred in the center part of his brain, they are unable to operate on him,” she added, breaking down in tears.
Ma Chi was pronounced dead on the spot by paramedics while the female passenger in Mr Qin’s cab succumbed to her injuries after being sent to hospital.
Such an accident being caused by a foreigner would have sparked a massive outcry in other countries but not in Singapore where the mainstream media had a field day ‘glamorizing’ Ma Chi by describing him as a ‘tall, young, handsome and successful‘ tycoon with a net-worth of millions of dollars as if he was some super-star:

The Straits Times even tried to defend him by quoting from his friends that he did not drink that night after a meeting at a clan association even when eye-witnesses already said he reeked of alcohol when they approached his body. It also tried to elicit public sympathy for the family of Ma Chi while ignoring the pain and suffering of other victims.
A month ago, a PRC bus driver ran over an elderly woman crossing the road without even realizing it killing her on the spot. Two months ago, a PRC passenger hijacked a taxi at Changi Airport Budget Terminal and caused an accident minutes later knocking down a cleaning supervisor who died instantaneously.
While Singaporeans have to pass a rigorous driving test to drive on the roads, PRC drivers like Ma Chi do not need to do so and can ‘convert’ their PRC driving licence easily into Singapore licences.
Given the recent spate of accidents caused by PRC drivers, the Traffic Police should consider mandating foreign drivers pass Singapore theory and practical driving tests before they are allowed to drive in Singapore.
UPDATED:
Mr Qin has passed away on Sunday evening. Rest in peace.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Bugis Ferrari accident: Man steals $300 from struggling woman in taxi instead of helping her[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 13, 2012
A man was witnessed stealing the money from a female passenger trapped in a taxi in the aftermath of the fatal accident involving a red Ferrari, Comfort taxi and motorcycle on Saturday morning!
According to one 51 year old Mr Lim who was at the accident scene, he and seven other passer-bys rushed to help the accident victims.
“I saw a Chinese man in his 30s standing besides the woman who was still conscious and crying for help. There were six fifty dollars scattered on the ground near the woman. The man picked them up and walked away briskly,” Mr Lim told a Chinese tabloid.
The Singaporean woman in her 20s eventually died from her injuries in hospital.
The tragic accident was caused by a 30 year old PRC man Ma Chi from Sichuan province who was speeding to beat a red light. Despite causing the accident, he was praised by the tabloids for being a ‘rich, young, successful and handsome’ man.
Some responses on Facebook:
“What was the ‘young, handsome and successful’ husband of a 7 months pregnant wife doing with another PRC woman in his Ferrari smelling of strong alcohol doing 4 am in the morning? No wonder his wife fainted.” – Allen Low
“Ma Chi worth a million? Then how about the innocent lady in the taxi? Offender’s news is available but not the victim’s! What a ‘great’ Singapore newspaper!!!” – Desmond Chia
“This PRC driver has killed an innocent victim & he’s still bring glorified by the papers! unbelievable!” – Cedric Low
“and yes…fuking MSM papers cover more on this bastard than the other victims….till now i dont know how old is the other girl who died, how her famil reacting etc…..the motorcyclist also have not much details. They reported the news like the family of the bastard are veryy sad and poor thing.” – KM Lim

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those at 154th may as well say his cock also very nice to suck:rolleyes:

mainstream media had a field day ‘glamorizing’ Ma Chi by describing him as a ‘tall, young, handsome and successful‘ tycoon with a net-worth of millions of dollars as if he was some super-star:

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the PRC 'Foreign Talent' had survived, how do you think the FAP court would sentence him - based on its track record when dealing with such 'FTs'?

I understand beating a red light and causing an accident will be at minimum at least a jail term.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont think the driver make any attempt to brake as the brake on the ferrari should be able to slow down fast enough and even if hit anything, the impact shouldnt be this bad.