• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Families Threaten To Mass Vote Against PAP Due To Medisheld Life

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can any bro show me where the law said no pay premium go to jail? This is what I found:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...sheet-on-the-medishield-life-scheme-bill.html

c. Recovery of Premiums (Sections 11 to 18)

MediShield Life is a national scheme that is mandatory for all Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. All will need to contribute premiums promptly to ensure that the Scheme can meet its commitments to policyholders, as premium defaults will affect the sustainability of the scheme and result in higher premiums for all.

The Bill provides for a robust framework to recover outstanding premiums from defaulters, with powers adapted from existing income tax legislation. These include powers to:
◾Impose penalties on outstanding premiums, of up to 17%, including any interest on late premiums;
◾Appoint agents (such as employers, banks, and tenants) to make payment for outstanding premiums from any sums held by the agents for the defaulters, or any sums due by the agents to the defaulters; and
Sue the defaulters to recover outstanding premiums.

e. Offences and Penalties (Sections 19 and 25)

Under the Bill, it is an offence to:
◾Knowingly provide false or misleading information or omit material information. Individuals convicted of such offences may face up to $5,000 fine or 12 months’ imprisonment or both, and additionally be required to pay penalties pegged to the amount of premiums undercharged or benefits or claims overpaid; and
◾Obstruct investigators who are investigating into offences under the Bill without reasonable excuse. Persons convicted of such offences may face up to $20,000 fine or 12 months’ imprisonment or both.

Go to jail only when obstruct investigation. Not for failure to pay premium.

Maybe I missed that part. Any bro can clarify?

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
17% penalty is really very cruel. Already no money to pay. Then tambah another 17% penalty for fuck?

So that that fella can kneel on the floor to beg for mercy to get that 17% waive? WTF!! :oIo: :kma:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
double confirmed Sinkies are daft.

The previous colonial master Brit government (non-voting government) introduce opium drugs they did not protest or spill blood on the land.

Today PAP did this to them still no blood spill on the land.

yes.. will you go to HLP to protest against it??? or you just post here only to KPKB

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015
My Paper
By Salma Khalik

Singaporeans or permanent residents (PRs) who refuse to pay MediShield Life premiums once the universal health insurance scheme is launched later this year could find themselves behind bars if they try to leave the country.

The premiums will be compulsory - not just for people living here, but also those living overseas for long periods - under proposals tabled in Parliament yesterday by Health Minister Gan Kim Yong.

Singaporeans and PRs living overseas will be entitled to coverage should they fall sick in the future and decide to return here for treatment.

The Bill also gives the insurance administrator the power to have money from a defaulter's wages and bank accounts diverted to pay the premiums.

The maximum penalty for defaulters who try to flee the country, spelt out in the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, is a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to a year, or both.

- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/conte...pay-wont-jail-fine-cards#sthash.gn2VYMWT.dpuf

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015
My Paper
By Salma Khalik

Singaporeans or permanent residents (PRs) who refuse to pay MediShield Life premiums once the universal health insurance scheme is launched later this year could find themselves behind bars if they try to leave the country.

The maximum penalty for defaulters who try to flee the country, spelt out in the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, is a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to a year, or both.

- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/conte...pay-wont-jail-fine-cards#sthash.gn2VYMWT.dpuf

Kum siah bro... up you. :smile:

Over that pittance premium can kana up to 1 year jail? Really Chow Chee Bye... :kma: :oIo:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015
My Paper
By Salma Khalik

The premiums will be compulsory - not just for people living here, but also those living overseas for long periods - under proposals tabled in Parliament yesterday by Health Minister Gan Kim Yong.

Singaporeans and PRs living overseas will be entitled to coverage should they fall sick in the future and decide to return here for treatment.

The Bill also gives the insurance administrator the power to have money from a defaulter's wages and bank accounts diverted to pay the premiums.

Wow! PAP must be hvn an orgasm knowing exactly how much they going to collect frm this Bill tat is passed.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing new as many families with sons n grandchildren who can find good jobs due theft by F Trashes will go against papigs which got to be taught a lesson they dun forget,,,,,,,,,,, is it becos of this that Ho ching took leave to search of overseas domicile n Wei Ling too making recent trip to USA

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015
My Paper
By Salma Khalik

To fix those people spending all their monies to buy properties in Malaysia?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Repost from sgfuck

[
My parents are both in their 70s, i checked with CPF, they must pay S$1000 each, where you want me to find this money??

Stop trying to bs the people like as we are kids, transitional subsidies means temporaray subsidies, we are
not uneducated for you to play word games with us

My brother in law is hopping mad because of this, as he has to pay for his own and wife's parents, as the wife is a housewife and her sibling still in school.

He is going to vote against vote against PAP for sure, on my side already 30 votes going to oppposition as none of us will allow our old parent to go to jail.

Damn all of you that support PAP and try to strangle the poor
]

Link: http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-No-on...ms-for-Medishield-life?pid=1116528#pid1116528

This is really good news, more vote against the PAP the better, let them lose the election :smile:

My side got at least 100 votes for PAP because of the compulsory Medishield Life. It is a good health policy and provides lifelong medical coverage. PAP is going to win a lot of votes because of Medishield Life. It is just a pity that too much publicity was given to dealing with a small minority who refuses to pay up but yet when they are sick, demand the full benefits of Medishield Life.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medishied life ? Compulsory scheme.U have no choice.U cannot opt-out.If u have no medisave,u must top-up by cash.If u have no cash,they will scrutinise and investigate all your finances,your assets,your bank accounts...before they will give u any subsidies.U think so easy to get subsidies from the MIW? How long can the MIW give u subsidies ? Buying medical insurance should be a choice,u should never forced citizens to buy any insurance if they cannot afford.Don't force the citizens to be in debt because of Medishield Life.Oh Yes,a life of debts owing to the MIW.Sinkees are farked.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it highly amusing that the PAP govt would resort to the SAF-IPPT style of punishment and threats (RT and DB for defaulters!) when it comes to subsidized healthcare. You're just milking premium money from the poor. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It takes only one ex-jailbird to tell these sinkies thinking of civil disobedience that hotel changi is "buay tahan" or "jia lat" and all of them will obediently pay up instead of choosing to go to jail.

Sinkies do not believe in civil disobedience, they believe in self survival.

The pain is not there yet. When it comes we shall see.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I find it highly amusing that the PAP govt would resort to the SAF-IPPT style of punishment and threats (RT and DB for defaulters!) when it comes to subsidized healthcare. You're just milking premium money from the poor. :rolleyes:

I was hoping for the rotan!

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
redwire-singapore-return-our-cpf-1.png

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It takes only one ex-jailbird to tell these sinkies thinking of civil disobedience that hotel changi is "buay tahan" or "jia lat" and all of them will obediently pay up instead of choosing to go to jail.

Sinkies do not believe in civil disobedience, they believe in self survival.

True, it's much easier to change to government than to get them to participate in civil disobedience. Social conditioning at it's finest...