• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Faisal slams the no Malays in sensitive units policy

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mat, don't talk cock here. This is how it is for other countries in war time. Any Mat police like you who wants to instigate religious strife here during peace time or during war will be dealt with extremely severely.

I just being reasonable. Limpeh mat then I won't served in SAR liao.

I am just stating fact. The only way to get rid of mat polis is to recall us 40yo reserves. Provost no chance. Fyi, I not keen to have Malays in armor too.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can we trust Ah Tiongs and not trust sinkee Malays?

the chances of us fighting a war against China is near zero-probability. but fighting a war against Malaysia is a possibility, high or low is still a possibility.

you would trust a Malay to be the head of military intelligence ? would give him access to damn top secret information like the list of our intelligence agents in Malaysia or our informants/spies in the Malaysia government and military organizations ? to play safe for the sake of national security, it's much better not to employ them in considered sensitive departments in the army and government agencies.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/1054331374583445

On Fair and Equal Deployment in MINDEF:

"The Minister was reported to have said that a person is deployed in a sensitive unit in the SAF based on his or her ability and beliefs, and not on his race. Again, I applaud the Minister and Mindef for their laudable efforts to make SAF an inclusive and open organisation that is fair and just to all Singaporean service persons. However, I note that the Minister advised caution over the fact that “people can be blackmailed”. While I agree with the Minister that we have to ensure that the people who are placed in sensitive positions in the military do not compromise our national security, I would like the Minister to clarify what kind of people does he have in mind and how can they be blackmailed."

There is a misconception that the restriction is target at the Malay when in actual fact it applicable to Muslim regardless of race. As the minister had said based on 'ability and beliefs, and not on his race'. (Talk about playing with wordings here.) It just unfortunate that 99.99% of Malay are Muslims.

During ICT, I met a Chinese who converted to Islam with the sole aim of getting himself posted out of his sensitive unit.

As for gaining political leverage for WP, I don't think Faisal can push hard for this as middle ground and even opposition supporters have come to the the general acceptance that this is a necessary evil for security sake. However saying nothing itself will not please the Malay community. other than tokenism to pacify the malay, don't think WP will make this an election issue.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore's greatest security threats are its two Muslim neighbours. We are like the Israel of ASEAN, the only decent country in a messed up region.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a misconception that the restriction is target at the Malay when in actual fact it applicable to Muslim regardless of race. As the minister had said based on 'ability and beliefs, and not on his race'. (Talk about playing with wordings here.) It just unfortunate that 99.99% of Malay are Muslims.

During ICT, I met a Chinese who converted to Islam with the sole aim of getting himself posted out of his sensitive unit.

As for gaining political leverage for WP, I don't think Faisal can push hard for this as middle ground and even opposition supporters have come to the the general acceptance that this is a necessary evil for security sake. However saying nothing itself will not please the Malay community. other than tokenism to pacify the malay, don't think WP will make this an election issue.

I heard of an officer in top MINDEF position who deicided to be religious and chose Islam. Next day, he was told he would be shifted to CAMP Commandant and out of MINDEF he went. No longer allowed to see classified data.