• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-S'poreans returning to Singapore to work

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try Regina. Brandon? Hahaha.

No No, a better choice is British Columbia. There are plenty of chinese there so it is easy to blend in. The climate is also milder there. This will be an important factor when you are older. The winters there can be a problem for the old because it gets icy & slippery. In BC it only rains & never snows.

One can also easily drive down to the US from Vancouver, or to Banff or Jasper in Alberta.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No No, a better choice is British Columbia. There are plenty of chinese there so it is easy to blend in. The climate is also milder there. This will be an important factor when you are older. The winters there can be a problem for the old because it gets icy & slippery. In BC it only rains & never snows.

One can also easily drive down to the US from Vancouver, or to Banff or Jasper in Alberta.

Yes. No one wants to live in Saskatchewan and Manitoba! Lake Louise is great too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This shows what a fantastic job the PAP is doing. People assume that the grass is greener elsewhere until they get a taste of what life is like outside of the Utopia that the PAP has created.

This proves what I have been saying all along... PAP IS THE BEST! :cool:

If that is the case, than why do u have to leave and go to New Zealand to make your money? Or were u just a sheep fucker there?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If that is the case, than why do u have to leave and go to New Zealand to make your money? Or were u just a sheep fucker there?

I made my money in Singapore before retiring in NZ. Singapore is the best place on earth to make money thanks to the PAP.

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to LKY and LHL for creating the opportunities for me.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am an ex-Singaporean. Employed by my ex-boss, on E-pass. No cpf. No health benefits like polyclinic. Not eligible for HDB housing. Child pays foreigner's school fees. Buy car, must have COE. Speak like Sinkie, able to cuss smoothly KNNBCCB and so on. Not allowed to vote. After E pass expires, will fuck off.

Cheers!

there must be something wrong with you. If you have emigrated to a country like canada, why would u take such a compensatiob package to return to singapore? Health benefits and surgery is free in canada. Cars are cheap there. Flats are cheap and freehold if you are not picky. Obviously, u had some skills, money and education or else they would not have accepted u for immigration. And u speak english and are educated in english. If u cannot make it there and have to come back and work in singapore, something is wrong with u. There are apunehs who can't speak a sentence of english with no money, driving taxis, trucks, building houses, etc. and doing quite well there. Even the pinoy immigrants working at Mcdonalds save up enough for a cheap property eventually. U are unbelievable.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I made my money in Singapore before retiring in NZ. Singapore is the best place on earth to make money thanks to the PAP.

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to LKY and LHL for creating the opportunities for me.

U keep saying singapore and PAP is so good, than why are u retiring in New Zealand, fucktard? Why not retire in Singapore?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Somewhat agree with you here. It isn't because of Singapore that I am back here, it was because of China and the region that I wanted to experience and Singapore offered me an opportunity. Many family and friends are here in Singapore where I grew up and am familiar with the workings of the society. Singapore is a safe place with a secure currency and relative individual freedoms. English is an official language, medical standards are high, law and law enforcement is good, and the community is civilized. However, it is bloody crowded, and to me, expensive. Anyways, once my E-pass expires, I don't intend to renew it.

Cheers!

I think u are bipolar. u like singapore so much than why emigrate to canada?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For me - nope, there are no perks. Just on a local manager's salary, 13-month pay, and company's bonus if the year's results are good. I take the chance to spend time with old friends and relatives as the perks. My case isn't similar to most other "expats" who relocate to Singapore as a career jump. I was interested to see China a little more after an initial holiday tour there in 2002. For my wife, it was a good chance to catch up with and spend time with her sisters. Well, I've already visited some parts of China, visited other ASEAN countries for business, I suppose I've already done what I could do here, now am planning to return to Canada and start all over again. Am already deciding where in Canada I wish to settle down this time, last time as Toronto, which was getting quite crowded too, and I'm not exactly too thrilled by what the city has to offer either.

Cheers!

U need to get a better set of friends and relatives. I have told all my friends and relatives to get out while they can. In this day of Skype and FB, there is no problem keeping in touch with old friends and relatives from afar. I would never want to be a friend or relative that held someone back from migrating overseas. Ties with friends and families have caused more misery and suffering that most people would acknowledge when it comes to immigration. basically, u are just saying you don't have the balls to cut the ties. The time u wasted in singapore, u could have been thru one or two promotions in what ever company u joined in canada.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There are no trout in Singapore. If there were, I'd be back in a flash.

In NZ, I'm literally spoilt for choice.

http://www.fishaway.co.nz/

But if the PAP is so good as you claim, they should be promoting and installing a sport fishing industry here, so u don't have to go to NZ. It would attract lots of tourists and sinkies like to fish. So u are are saying the PAP is fucked up.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
But if the PAP is so good as you claim, they should be promoting and installing a sport fishing industry here, so u don't have to go to NZ. It would attract lots of tourists and sinkies like to fish. So u are are saying the PAP is fucked up.

Singapore does not have the natural terrain or the right climate for trout fishing. The species is typically found in freshwater streams and lakes where the water temperature is below 16℃.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP policies were all aimed at making it the best place to work for foreigners. Not the best place for making a home. Taxes are low, the govt treats you like a VIP. The courts are understanding and if you are bored you can watch NS go through the paces on a route march.

And the best part is the local birds will go Dutch thinking that it is the right thing to do when having a relationship with an AngMo.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore does not have the natural terrain or the right climate for trout fishing. The species is typically found in freshwater streams and lakes where the water temperature is below 16℃.

Even if it did have the right climate the PAP will try to drain the lake & reclaim the land to build over it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Even if it did have the right climate the PAP will try to drain the lake & reclaim the land to build over it.

That is understandable because Singapore does not have the sort of space that NZ has. You can't blame the PAP for that.

This is another thing that I admire so much about the PAP... they always get their priorities right.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your well wishes. Actually I was hoping my boss might open a branch in Ho Chi Minh City and I get a shot to be posted there for two or three years before finally returning to Canada, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, and even if it does, his plan will be to send a non-family based person to manage that branch. Oh well, can't have everything in life.

Cheers!

No worries bro. Good luck on the second stage of the return. At least you are going back to a country with one of the best safety net in the world and it's a first world country will lots of opportunities for the family. And you are not 2nd class citizen in your own country.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am open to view what are the overall prospects and living conditions. Canada is a cold country anyway, the consideration then will be how long will the winters last and what are the acitivities around the region that can be reasonably accessed. I went for an interview once for a position at a power plant in a small town country location called Bruce, when I asked the interviewer what's it like there, he said, "The fishing is great!" Damn, I don't mind fishing, but it is not an activity that I will look forward to!

Cheers!

Try Regina. Brandon? Hahaha.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Early during my stay there, I was talking to an immigrant ex-Singaporean who advised to not think about Singapore and focus one's mind and immerse oneself on the activities there. I agree with him. The two locations are on opposite ends of the world and the distance separating both countries is really great. Culturally, there is no common ground. One has to think differently. Once there, Singapore doesn't exist. There is no sharing of economies. I never thought I would come back to work again until on a holiday visit when I bumped into my ex-boss and he made me an offer that fit my plans, well, at least for that time period.

Cheers!

I know many who have moved to Canada & none have returned to Spore except on holidays. ............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are absolutely right. Ans I get to smoke pot often in Canada too! When I accepted the position to return for work, career planning wasn't the plan. It was a chance to visit China and other regional countries that was the attraction. I have an engineering degree from the US, but never worked in that field, in Singapore or Canada. There are plenty of jobs in Toronto region, but not in the field I trained in. I worked in the automotive sector, and a few different other jobs here and there. For me, I am not picky, and will do anything I can to earn a living.

Cheers!

there must be something wrong with you. If you have emigrated to a country like canada, why would u take such a compensatiob package to return to singapore? Health benefits and surgery is free in canada. Cars are cheap there. Flats are cheap and freehold if you are not picky. Obviously, u had some skills, money and education or else they would not have accepted u for immigration. And u speak english and are educated in english. If u cannot make it there and have to come back and work in singapore, something is wrong with u. There are apunehs who can't speak a sentence of english with no money, driving taxis, trucks, building houses, etc. and doing quite well there. Even the pinoy immigrants working at Mcdonalds save up enough for a cheap property eventually. U are unbelievable.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am neutral, neither hate nor like. I was born in Singapore, grew up here, educated here, have lots of contacts and friends. I can get around quite comfortably in Singpaore.

Cheers!

I think u are bipolar. u like singapore so much than why emigrate to canada?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I met many pinoys overseas when I was in Australia who came from Singapore.....they look so happy and delighted.....I could only smile dejectedly in sadness.....cause I had to go back to Singapore when the time was up.