• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-Singaporean is a Singaporean when come to TAX

woofy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have left Singapore 3 years' ago, renounced my citizenship a year ago and living a happy life in Australia until a few days ago when I received a Notice of Assessment from the IRAS.
Being a responsible person, I went to the IRAS website to send an e-mail clarifying my status and waited for a day for a reply. There was no reply and so I called and spoke to a staff from IRAS and realized that I am still a 'Singaporean' for taxation purposes. I questioned her why in that case I'm not receiving any rebates from the Govt? and she said she can't answer this question. She told me to file a return online but I couldn't as I can't log in with my old SINGPASS. She further threaten me that I will be issue a penalty if I failed to do so.
This lousy govt is so used to bullying and threatening their people, even after I have renounced my citizenship they still feel that they have authority over me; absolutely arrogant and incredibly greedy.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have left Singapore 3 years' ago, renounced my citizenship a year ago and living a happy life in Australia until a few days ago when I received a Notice of Assessment from the IRAS.
Being a responsible person, I went to the IRAS website to send an e-mail clarifying my status and waited for a day for a reply. There was no reply and so I called and spoke to a staff from IRAS and realized that I am still a 'Singaporean' for taxation purposes. I questioned her why in that case I'm not receiving any rebates from the Govt? and she said she can't answer this question. She told me to file a return online but I couldn't as I can't log in with my old SINGPASS. She further threaten me that I will be issue a penalty if I failed to do so.
This lousy govt is so used to bullying and threatening their people, even after I have renounced my citizenship they still feel that they have authority over me; absolutely arrogant and incredibly greedy.

If you are outside of Singapore for more than 6 months of the year you dont have to pay any tax. Otherwise I dont know how you were able to satisfy times and presence tests for Australia if it was otherwise.

Also Australia has some of the highest unfair taxes in the world with seriously overpriced housing and other consumables. How anyone can be happy in such a ripp off stressed out country where thier own people are fleeing the place is beyond me.

Your post is not very credible.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are outside of Singapore for more than 6 months of the year you dont have to pay any tax. Otherwise I dont know how you were able to satisfy times and presence tests for Australia if it was otherwise.

Also Australia has some of the highest unfair taxes in the world with seriously overpriced housing and other consumables. How anyone can be happy in such a ripp off stressed out country where thier own people are fleeing the place is beyond me.

i dun think so, if there's no double taxation agreements, you will still have to pay taxes, no matter where you are, IRAS very gian peng...because our gabramen lost billions...

he renounced his citizenship a year ago, IRAS always require you to file last year income tax.....

so it's probable that the date of his renouciation overlapped his taxation period...and things like this happens all the time...it's not surprising he received such letters.

why? because one govt. dept dun really share data with another....you have to pay and physically get your data from one govt. dept. and pass it to another....i guess this is what govt. do most of the time!

that explains the cockups...LOL!

i guess you must be from the govt. to discourage singaporeans from emigrating to OZ land...give it a rest will ya? is their lives...you dun own them...they should be able to freely choose where they want to be.

instead you should be thinking of ways to make Singaporeans stay....otherwise you will be fighting a losing battle...

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they jealous so see you no up, make your life hell. but anyway, just pay them lah. next year you will not see them

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yet another pathetic pap cocksucker. U got callouses on your knees from sucking all those MIW lancheows? Unfair taxes? U have to pay $300K for a flat that cost $50K to build. The extra $250K is not tax, meh? U pay $100K for a car that cost $25K in most other countries in the world. That extra $75K is not tax? Govt. take your own CPF money, pays u 1-2% interest, and invests it elsewhere and earn 8% or more, that is not a tax? Maybe u are too fucking stupid to see all these around u?

FamilyMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
A tithe (from Old English teogoþa "tenth") is a one-tenth part of something, paid as a (usually) voluntary contribution or as a tax or levy, usually to support a religious organization. Today, tithes (or tithing) are normally voluntary and paid in cash, cheques, or stocks, whereas historically tithes could be paid in kind, such as agricultural products. Several European countries operate a formal process linked to the tax system allowing some churches to assess tithes.

This is more important!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
A tithe (from Old English teogoþa "tenth") is a one-tenth part of something, paid as a (usually) voluntary contribution or as a tax or levy, usually to support a religious organization. Today, tithes (or tithing) are normally voluntary and paid in cash, cheques, or stocks, whereas historically tithes could be paid in kind, such as agricultural products. Several European countries operate a formal process linked to the tax system allowing some churches to assess tithes.

This is more important!

Amen to that! :biggrin: