• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dont buy any IT product now, COMEX coming!!!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Comex 2011 1-4 Sep, Suntec city

1 2 buy DSLR no nid 2 go COMEX...u get better deal frm rupt cam shop...COMEX price usually more ex but throw in some half fuck tripod, cleaning kit which u probably neber 1 2 use...:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the advice. Fujifilm do have them and the price is competitive.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay lah...so long u happy lah..tio bor hehehe

Ok lah, we are all here to find the best deals. :smile:

For those going to Kuala Lumpur just pop into Low Yat Plaza which is just next to the Bukit Bintang /Sungei Wangl Plaza. There used to be a lot of shops that sold pirated SW but it is a place for handphones, computers, etc.

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/klshopping/low-yat-plaza.htm

If you looking for Apple gear just go to a nearby mall known as "Lot 10". There is an authorised Apple store there.
http://www.lot10.com.my/index.asp

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do keep us updated, thanks bro. Take a walk pass some of our heartland neighborhood hawker centres and coffeeshops, take a look at those chattering uncles' teeth. Good grief, I don't think that they've ever visited dentists all their lives.

They are just the victims of Spore's "world class" medical system.

There are many Sporeans who have wised up & taking holidays to shop for their barang, barang & other services.

By the way a haircut in JB is only RM$10 :smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are many Sporeans who have wised up & taking holidays to shop for their barang, barang & other services.

I am not sure spending too much time in JB is good in order to save some money. It is like parking here in Singapore. Many tried beating the system by not punching parking coupons. Once Auntie come the money you try to save ends up having to pay hefty fines.

JB is a hotbed of thieves and criminals who preys on innocent Singaporeans. Some of them were raped, mutilated, robbed of valuables or have to do nude squats. JB is not so safe for Singaporeans, especially towards the time when festive season is approaching like Hari Raya, X'mas and CNY.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not sure spending too much time in JB is good in order to save some money. It is like parking here in Singapore. Many tried beating the system by not punching parking coupons. Once Auntie come the money you try to save ends up having to pay hefty fines.

JB is a hotbed of thieves and criminals who preys on innocent Singaporeans. Some of them were raped, mutilated, robbed of valuables or have to do nude squats. JB is not so safe for Singaporeans, especially towards the time when festive season is approaching like Hari Raya, X'mas and CNY.

I find that Spore is too crowded & restrictive. The choice of whether to travel is up to the individual to decide. Don't be put off by the propaganda in our media. Even the old leaf takes every oppurtunity to leave Spore :rolleyes:

Travelling is interesting & widens your outlook. I'm also looking for my "future' home:smile:

Personally have no issues going to JB for a haircut or to see my doctor there. I have been going for years using public transport & other then the jams haven't been a victim of a crimes against Sporeans.

Whereas in Spore I feel that I've been robbed many, many times by unreasonable prices:smile:

JB, KL, Bangkok, etc different strokes for different people.
There's alot of cheaper places to hang around other than JB or Spore. Up to you to find your paradise.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did my scaling n polishing.
Cost about sgd100.

One thing about sg dentist, anything also wants you to take x-ray.
Then ask you do this do that. They even ask you to buy their mouthwash cost sgd5.
Those were bought in big bottles and pour into small bottle and sell to you de...
Ya..fucktard antiUsee dental...

When I go KL and ask for 2 nd opinion, the dentist there say, no need to do this n that wan...
all those buggers sinkie dentist very hard to survive there ...

Yeah last year i went to Q&M for check up and scaling & polishing, paid about $80. When i asked the dentist whether any decay tooth, guess what he said looks okay but can't confirm, got to take x-ray then can confirm whether any tooth decay. But i don't recall last time my other dentists do that, since when it becomes x-ray is standard procedure to confirm tooth decay? So I didn't do the x-ray, partly due to cost and partly didn't want to take x-ray for nothing.

A

Akechi Mitsuhide

Wrong.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dell intel i7 2nd Gen Chip - only $1199!!!

yah....at one of 4th level shop in SLS, hope during Comex will drop to below $1k, then i will hoot this one..:biggrin:...so far dis is the best deal for i7 sandybridge...if u cannot wait for Comex and should consider dis....if other shops charge you more, ask them go fuck dog...i think acer and asus also got i7Sandbridge at $1199, but i would rather stick with Dell....:wink: ..

notebook_dell_inspiron_n5110_15_6_led_backlight_(1366x768)_tft_pentium_b940_ddr3_3gb_dvdlrw_amd__110707113429209306.jpg

Dell N5110-15R
Intel i7-2630M 2.0Ghz
6 GB Ram
640GB HDD
15.6" LED screen
Nvidia Geforce 1GB Graphic

$1199 only... :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've never really went to JB before as a destination, just passing through northward to KL. Heard there's a new custom complex there that's some distance from the old custom and downtown.

Yeah last year i went to Q&M for check up and scaling & polishing, paid about $80. When i asked the dentist whether any decay tooth, guess what he said looks okay but can't confirm, got to take x-ray then can confirm whether any tooth decay. But i don't recall last time my other dentists do that, since when it becomes x-ray is standard procedure to confirm tooth decay? So I didn't do the x-ray, partly due to cost and partly didn't want to take x-ray for nothing.

I've been going Q&M for more than 10 years. Yes, from $40 days to now $80. 100% inflaton! :(
However, I've never been asked to go for any X-ray. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've never really went to JB before as a destination, just passing through northward to KL. Heard there's a new custom complex there that's some distance from the old custom and downtown.

The old custom building has been demolished. Its been replaced by the new CIQ buidling which has more counters & personnel. It is a longer walk to City Square Mall but it's a walk through aircon buildings & an over head bridge. However if your just passing through immigration & hopping onto a bus it's just a walking through a large building.

It's worse on the Spore side because buses now alight the passengers 50 to 200 meters from the escalators leading up to the aircon building. The fumes from the queued buses can be overwhelming .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Ginfreely, Q&M is now in Johore apparently, they have been in Nusa Bestari area for a while. Haven't tried their Johore operations yet but from outside, looks ok.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely, Q&M is now in Johore apparently, they have been in Nusa Bestari area for a while. Haven't tried their Johore operations yet but from outside, looks ok.

Is it near custom? If so, I don't mind going there with my wife for a daytrip shopping and dental fix. Dental fix is once or twice a year only anyway.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find that Spore is too crowded & restrictive. The choice of whether to travel is up to the individual to decide. Don't be put off by the propaganda in our media. Even the old leaf takes every oppurtunity to leave Spore :rolleyes:

Travelling is interesting & widens your outlook. I'm also looking for my "future' home:smile:

Personally have no issues going to JB for a haircut or to see my doctor there. I have been going for years using public transport & other then the jams haven't been a victim of a crimes against Sporeans.

Whereas in Spore I feel that I've been robbed many, many times by unreasonable prices:smile:

JB, KL, Bangkok, etc different strokes for different people.
There's alot of cheaper places to hang around other than JB or Spore. Up to you to find your paradise.

Having an impatient nature, I would never bother to enter Malaysia for a day only. The effort to get into JB kills my enthusiasm and the thought of returning back into Singapore is another killjoy. That said, I do not mind driving into Malaysia on occasions with the family, bypassing JB altogether and head for Malacca, the mountain resorts and as far as Kelantan. I have many friends in Malaysia but always avoid the cities, except for Malacca as it has a lot of charm and history.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the update. Hope to go there for a walkabout daytrip sometime soon.

By the way, between the CIQ Building & the New KTM complex, at ground level you can find a public bus stop & taxi stand. I notice from the sign on the buses that some of them go to the various malls.
Taking a bus is a convenient way to discover what JB has to offer. After you've identified the places you want to visit, you cab then take a taxi to get around.

In the past taking a taxi was a hassle because many of the drivers did not want to use the meter. However that has changed since the fares were adjusted upwards. You can now expect them to turn on the meter.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having an impatient nature, I would never bother to enter Malaysia for a day only. The effort to get into JB kills my enthusiasm and the thought of returning back into Singapore is another killjoy. That said, I do not mind driving into Malaysia on occasions with the family, bypassing JB altogether and head for Malacca, the mountain resorts and as far as Kelantan. I have many friends in Malaysia but always avoid the cities, except for Malacca as it has a lot of charm and history.

I was doing EECP treatment at a clinic in Skudai, JB. Had to go there 3 times a week for a few months. Took public transport from Spore to JB & then a cab to the clinic. Would see many Malaysian school kids & workers commuting.

You get used to it & that's why many Sporeans are now looking at buying homes in JB. It's unbelievable how much cheaper JB is compared to Spore. There are homes for RM$100,000. You can eat & drink for RM$4.00. JB is supposed to be the most expensive state in Malaysia :eek:

In a few years the cost in Spore will be out of this world & living in JB might be the only way for many Sporeans to survive:rolleyes:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, between the CIQ Building & the New KTM complex, at ground level you can find a public bus stop & taxi stand. I notice from the sign on the buses that some of them go to the various malls.
Taking a bus is a convenient way to discover what JB has to offer. After you've identified the places you want to visit, you cab then take a taxi to get around.

In the past taking a taxi was a hassle because many of the drivers did not want to use the meter. However that has changed since the fares were adjusted upwards. You can now expect them to turn on the meter.

Checked a few websites. From my place, can take MRT to Kranji station, then change to Causeway Link bus. Causeway Link bus goes to Larkin. Have you been to Larkin before? Is it a good shopping town or just an isolated terminal?

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Checked a few websites. From my place, can take MRT to Kranji station, then change to Causeway Link bus. Causeway Link bus goes to Larkin. Have you been to Larkin before? Is it a good shopping town or just an isolated terminal?

Larkin is a bus terminal with food stalls, restaurants (McDonald's, KFC etc) and some shops. You can board buses/coaches to other parts of Johor/Malaysia from Larkin.
In terms of shopping, most of the shops close very early. By 7 pm, there's almost nothing to shop except for the food stalls.

If your impression that it is a shopping town, you will be disappointed.