• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dont buy any IT product now, COMEX coming!!!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
things are not really cheaper at these kind of shows, this is what i realised. in fact its about the same

yes, computer and accessories may not be cheaper, some accessories even more expensive......but TV and monitor are cheaper at fair....camera i not sure, some say cheaper, some say not cheaper....printer not really cheaper but they throw in freebies....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should buy at the Great Malaysian Sale or Great Thailand Sale.

As a tourist you don't have to pay gst/VAT unlike in Spore:rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, computer and accessories may not be cheaper, some accessories even more expensive......but TV and monitor are cheaper at fair....camera i not sure, some say cheaper, some say not cheaper....printer not really cheaper but they throw in freebies....

think laptops are generally cheaper.

laptops prices last PC show.
1st day - as advertised ( already cheaper than outside prices )
2nd day - $50 off
3rd day - $100 off
last day - $150 off?
the freebies also increases as the days passed.
always like that for all PC shows?

creative speakers prices also not bad. $30+ off for their cheaper models below $150.

Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Comex 2011 1-4 Sep, Suntec city

everytime passby newstead/@notebook.com see their ccb ah beng face i also sian 1/2... some shops under the name toshiba,mc2/ IT harvest, studio 7 ,dell and nubox etc etc are under newstead.. so beware which shop you go :eek: FUCK YOU NEWSTEAD :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

http://www.newstead.com.sg/contactus.htm

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if airplane ticket and hotel is free, why not?

In Spore do you get anything free?

If airplane tix is too much $$ then take a coach. Getting a coach from JB is cheaper than if you get one in Spore. Just plan your holidays around the shopping seasons & make sure to take some time to shop on your next holiday.

PAP has made Spore an expensive place. You can of course play their game & hand them your $$ or make the extra effort to think out of the box & deny them your $.

As for me I haven't gone for a Spore haircut, dental services, cardiologist..... in years. It's really your choice.:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

If airplane tix is too much $$ then take a coach. Getting a coach from JB is cheaper than if you get one in Spore. Just plan your holidays around the shopping seasons & make sure to take some time to shop on your next holiday.

PAP has made Spore an expensive place. You can of course play their game & hand them your $$ or make the extra effort to think out of the box & deny them your $.

As for me I haven't gone for a Spore haircut, dental services, cardiologist..... in years. It's really your choice.:smile:

Hi, can share which country you go for dental service? And the pricing?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, can share which country you go for dental service? And the pricing?

Have had dental scaling done in in Hatyai & KL. Didn't go to those places specifically for dental work, just happened to be visiting those places.

Here is an example of the typical fee structure in KL:
http://www.bsdental.com/fees.html

and in Bangkok:
http://www.dentalthailand.com/price.htm

I'll be going to Bkk sometime this year & will probably do some preventive maintenance e.g. scaling. This time I'll ask my thai friend for a recommendation:smile:

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Will there be stalls selling DSLR cameras? I am looking for one which is IDTENT Proof and reasonably priced.

1 2 buy DSLR no nid 2 go COMEX...u get better deal frm rupt cam shop...COMEX price usually more ex but throw in some half fuck tripod, cleaning kit which u probably neber 1 2 use...:biggrin::biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have had dental scaling done in in Hatyai & KL. Didn't go to those places specifically for dental work, just happened to be visiting those places.

Here is an example of the typical fee structure in KL:
http://www.bsdental.com/fees.html

and in Bangkok:
http://www.dentalthailand.com/price.htm

I'll be going to Bkk sometime this year & will probably do some preventive maintenance e.g. scaling. This time I'll ask my thai friend for a recommendation:smile:

Thanks for the info. It is a good idea to schedule dental check up during holiday visit!

The KL dental website indicated only Rm60 for scaling and normal polishing. Here I heard even polyclinic dental clinics - need to wait half year for appointment - charge more than $50 for scaling and polishing. Outside charge almost $80.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info. It is a good idea to schedule dental check up during holiday visit!

The KL dental website indicated only Rm60 for scaling and normal polishing. Here I heard even polyclinic dental clinics - need to wait half year for appointment - charge more than $50 for scaling and polishing. Outside charge almost $80.

If I were to visit my dentist in Spore I would have to make an appointment a few days in advance & he's not cheap as he's a private practitioner. In Hatyai, the dentist was in a shopping mall & I could just do a walk-in without an appointment. In KL I made an appointment but it was only a few doors from the clinic I was doing EECP & chelation.

I'll be investigating the other dental treatments they are offering in Bangkok as dental health is important, it can effect heart health. May even take a look at some of the private hospitals which are offering EECP treatment.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....printer not really cheaper but they throw in freebies....
i intend to get a 3in1 mono printer. I go thru individual brand website and notice all prices are fixed displayed on their website.

there will be no discount/promotion price for the printers rite?:confused:
juz for the freebies?

if ttz the case, i can get a printer from any retail shop if im not keen on the freebies?

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

okay lah...so long u happy lah..tio bor hehehe

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were to visit my dentist in Spore I would have to make an appointment a few days in advance & he's not cheap as he's a private practitioner. In Hatyai, the dentist was in a shopping mall & I could just do a walk-in without an appointment. In KL I made an appointment but it was only a few doors from the clinic I was doing EECP & chelation.

I'll be investigating the other dental treatments they are offering in Bangkok as dental health is important, it can effect heart health. May even take a look at some of the private hospitals which are offering EECP treatment.

Do keep us updated, thanks bro. Take a walk pass some of our heartland neighborhood hawker centres and coffeeshops, take a look at those chattering uncles' teeth. Good grief, I don't think that they've ever visited dentists all their lives.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
i intend to get a 3in1 mono printer. I go thru individual brand website and notice all prices are fixed displayed on their website.

there will be no discount/promotion price for the printers rite?:confused:
juz for the freebies?

if ttz the case, i can get a printer from any retail shop if im not keen on the freebies?

aiya...if u do not need urgently, then wait until end august go recce to find out what brand/model u want and the price and warranty they give....then come comex, go and check out the prices there....if it is the same, then u can decide to buy at comex or SLS lah...sometime at comex they may throw in extended warranty...if u pay cash,...prepare to nego hard lah....note dis...during comex...they probably have the same offer at SLS...unless it is their comex hourly special

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

everytime passby newstead/@notebook.com see their ccb ah beng face i also sian 1/2... some shops under the name toshiba,mc2/ IT harvest, studio 7 ,dell and nubox etc etc are under newstead.. so beware which shop you go :eek: FUCK YOU NEWSTEAD :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

http://www.newstead.com.sg/contactus.htm

another one is cybermind, stay far far away from them...many ppl kpkb abt them in hwz ...read ordi also scared...

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
think laptops are generally cheaper.

laptops prices last PC show.
1st day - as advertised ( already cheaper than outside prices )
2nd day - $50 off
3rd day - $100 off
last day - $150 off?
the freebies also increases as the days passed.
always like that for all PC shows?

creative speakers prices also not bad. $30+ off for their cheaper models below $150.

aiya...wat these ppl do is to up their prices first...then during pc shows...slow reduce until back to their original promo prices....dats why it is impt to recce SLS one week before any pc show to check out the prices, then u knoe whether their further reduction is genuine or not.......

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just did my scaling n polishing.
Cost about sgd100.

One thing about sg dentist, anything also wants you to take x-ray.
Then ask you do this do that. They even ask you to buy their mouthwash cost sgd5.
Those were bought in big bottles and pour into small bottle and sell to you de...
Ya..fucktard antiUsee dental...

When I go KL and ask for 2 nd opinion, the dentist there say, no need to do this n that wan...
all those buggers sinkie dentist very hard to survive there ...