• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dont buy any IT product now, COMEX coming!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Checked a few websites. From my place, can take MRT to Kranji station, then change to Causeway Link bus. Causeway Link bus goes to Larkin. Have you been to Larkin before? Is it a good shopping town or just an isolated terminal?

As Spiky as pointed out Larkin is a bus station. It's better to go to that bus stop between the CIQ building & new KMT coplex or at JB Central , next to City Square Mall & catch a bus to one of the malls. Some malls were offering free shuttles on weekends, I think it was Terbau?? Don't know if they still do that.

Cab fares in JB are reasonable. Could just target a few malls & take a taxi there.

Qiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of buying a reader to check my NETS Flashpay card transactions. Anybody know if such product can be found at Comex? If yes, I can wait. Thanks.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Checked a few websites. From my place, can take MRT to Kranji station, then change to Causeway Link bus. Causeway Link bus goes to Larkin. Have you been to Larkin before? Is it a good shopping town or just an isolated terminal?

By the way Causeway Link has a new bus route picking up passengers at Newton. So if you live in that area you can take that bus.

At Kranji MRT station you have a choice of either SBS 170 or the yellow Causeway link buses. The Causeway Link buses are nicer & less crowded:smile:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Larkin is a bus terminal with food stalls, restaurants (McDonald's, KFC etc) and some shops. You can board buses/coaches to other parts of Johor/Malaysia from Larkin.
In terms of shopping, most of the shops close very early. By 7 pm, there's almost nothing to shop except for the food stalls.

If your impression that it is a shopping town, you will be disappointed.

As Spiky as pointed out Larkin is a bus station. It's better to go to that bus stop between the CIQ building & new KMT coplex or at JB Central , next to City Square Mall & catch a bus to one of the malls. Some malls were offering free shuttles on weekends, I think it was Terbau?? Don't know if they still do that.

Cab fares in JB are reasonable. Could just target a few malls & take a taxi there.

Thanks bro. I'm not much of a shopping man. Just recce for my wife. She's thinking of going there on National Day. I said oh no please, causeway sure jams like hell on any public holiday. Some other day perhaps.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bro. I'm not much of a shopping man. Just recce for my wife. She's thinking of going there on National Day. I said oh no please, causeway sure jams like hell on any public holiday. Some other day perhaps.

I'm also not into shopping but since it's only next door why not take a look & do some window shopping:confused: When I travel I like to visit the malls & supermarkets to see what's available & the price that the people of a country have to pay:o

If you are going during a public holiday hope you understand that there will be larger crowd. Must understand that it is not the norm in JB which is relatively a quiet place:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been going Q&M for more than 10 years. Yes, from $40 days to now $80. 100% inflaton! :(
However, I've never been asked to go for any X-ray. :smile:

Hmm that was the only time I went to Q&M, may be should give it another try, I have a voucher offering promo price of $60 for consulting, scaling and polishing. Since you been using 10 years, can recommend any good dentist there? The one I went to last year was not so skillful.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely, Q&M is now in Johore apparently, they have been in Nusa Bestari area for a while. Haven't tried their Johore operations yet but from outside, looks ok.

Thanks for the info, never notice before. Can know near which part of Bestari? Can share whether you tried any dentist at JB so far? Their hygiene procedures okay? And pricing?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it near custom? If so, I don't mind going there with my wife for a daytrip shopping and dental fix. Dental fix is once or twice a year only anyway.

Bestari area is near Bukit indah, which is at the west of JB so not near custom, but can take causeway link bus CW3 from Jurong East Mrt/bus interchange to Bukit indah and then take a short cab ride. There is a Jusco at Bukit indah for shopping.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bestari area is near Bukit indah, which is at the west of JB so not near custom, but can take causeway link bus CW3 from Jurong East Mrt/bus interchange to Bukit indah and then take a short cab ride. There is a Jusco at Bukit indah for shopping.

Haven't explored the Bukit Indah area. Do you know the taxi fare from City Square Mall to Bukit Indah?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the info. :smile: