• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I really never heard of SPLS or PLS before this....though heard of Sio Leng San briefly....maybe I'm just ignorant.
Thanks for provide all the details to verify but no issues to me.....if your info is correct means I learn something new today.
There many nickname monkeys I dun know the one you mentioned since I stated I dunno SPLS even....the most famous monkey I know is ah long san....though I dun call him that, only his peers can.

since we are into little known facts today, let me share one.

Contrary to popular believe, 三川 is not AST old name or alternative name machiam Hup Soon Heng = Kuntong.
Sam Chuan appears in many AST poems so many thought they were one of the same.
But it is a branch hived out from AST though the relationship between the 2 entities I would say is closer than Kuntong and Sio Kuntong even.....that is why some say Sam Chuan AST to show the association.
In malaysia they even have a 小三川.
Many of ah long san's ex lieutenants were Sam Chuan chaps (ah long san was the only person that could assemble a United Nations to work under him regardless of logo affiliation.
I learn something new about Sam Chuan from you today as well....

SPLS as i've mentioned is rather low profile logo but i remember clearly during my time, other branches of 08 like Sio Leng San, Sio Gor Hor, Pek Kim Leng all have associations with one another. But like what I said, SPLS now i also dun know become what already, maybe already defunct as alot of them whom i know during my time all married and leading normal lives already

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LK is old logo from the time of likes of hai san and ghee hin etc.
Sio is actually not branch out technically but is the gang gets too big so need to differentiate between the old and new. SLK been around since mid 80s.
Another 24 gang with sio prefix is patt leong with 小八联....remembered both gangs actively recruiting in the 80s.

Not sure if my understandings were being distorted, 24 was originated from Xiao Dao Hui which was linked to Hong Men.
21 originated from Hong Men too.
There's probably a history book for all these, but god knows what Mao Zedong did to them.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
I learn something new about Sam Chuan from you today as well....

SPLS as i've mentioned is rather low profile logo but i remember clearly during my time, other branches of 08 like Sio Leng San, Sio Gor Hor, Pek Kim Leng all have associations with one another. But like what I said, SPLS now i also dun know become what already, maybe already defunct as alot of them whom i know during my time all married and leading normal lives already

wait wait, pardon me for saying this, but it seems to me that u are an ex-timer from 4803. and perhaps u are here to look for ur long lost 4803 brothers??

7th month coming, does 4803 holds ghost festival dinners? if yes, where is it held?

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if my understandings were being distorted, 24 was originated from Xiao Dao Hui which was linked to Hong Men.
There's probably a history book for all these, but god knows what Mao Zedong did to them.

u mean there is a history book on triads???

ok, if what u says is true, then our sg gangs originated from china. therefore, i can safely assume that china also has triads such as AST, kuntong, see tong etc?

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok, if what u says is true, then our sg gangs originated from china. therefore, i can safely assume that china also has triads such as AST, kuntong, see tong etc?

AST and KT both names are commonly referred in Chinese Triads history - documents, poems, rituals. There is a Ghee Kun Tong in San Francisco Chinatown, headman is Shrimp Chow, ex Wo Hop To(HK gang) fighter. Same names but no connection with Singapore SS.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait wait, pardon me for saying this, but it seems to me that u are an ex-timer from 4803. and perhaps u are here to look for ur long lost 4803 brothers??

7th month coming, does 4803 holds ghost festival dinners? if yes, where is it held?
Sorry Pal, to your disappointment. I'm not looking for anyone of them.

If you've read my earlier post, I already said after encountering with those triads in overseas, SG gangster seems nothing more to me than just street gangs. Even if there's a chance to meet up with old friends, at most is chat over a cup of coffee that's all. Sometimes when the level is different, it's quite hard to communicate. What they have seen n experience u have gone thru but what u have experience doesn't mean they have went thru and it'll not be like in the past or school time days!!!

Also I already have absolute no ideal what is the SG numbers doing now. All the content I've mentioned is based on my past experiences and not current... Even if 4803 hold ghost festival, i wouldn't know where is it.

Last edited:

Cheebye24K

You also formerly a gangster ? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AST and KT both names are commonly referred in Chinese Triads history - documents, poems, rituals. There is a Ghee Kun Tong in San Francisco Chinatown, headman is Shrimp Chow, ex Wo Hop To(HK gang) fighter. Same names but no connection with Singapore SS.

Easy to think of a gang name.
Must have positive attributes like 义,忠,
Add a powerful creature 龙,虎,
Add some color 洪,白,金
Or use nature 海,山
Finish off with a respectable 堂,会, 社....or not so common a 记。
There you have it,

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy to think of a gang name.
Must have positive attributes like 义,忠,
Add a powerful creature 龙,虎,
Add some color 洪,白,金
Or use nature 海,山
Finish off with a respectable 堂,会, 社....or not so common a 记。
There you have it,

yea the gang names are similar too but under different number. e.g 24 ghee lee hor & 08 sio leng hor
there are so many ss gangs in singapore. all the leng, hor, hai, san, kim, tong .. not very creative.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suppose there should be some records on them. Unfortunately, these are stuffs the legal Governors wouldn't allow the general public to know. Especially during the reign of MZD. Remember? Winner writes the History. E.g. during the Kobe earthquake, the local Yakuza were the ones who stand out with manpower and money to help the locals. SS were called upon during the student riots in the 50's. These are stuffs you can never see in the history book.
I believe most were branched out units. Look at how Ah Kong was formed. I don't think you can see AST, SKT and so on in China.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you've read my earlier post, I already said after encountering with those triads in overseas, SG gangster seems nothing more to me than just street gangs. Even if there's a chance to meet up with old friends, at most is chat over a cup of coffee that's all. Sometimes when the level is different, it's quite hard to communicate. What they have seen n experience u have gone thru but what u have experience doesn't mean they have went thru and it'll not be like in the past or school time days!!!

SS in SG had been long suppressed by Section 55 unlike other countries. Some guys are still stuck in the past era, but there are some who are doing well too. Those that you feel having different level are probably those who still sit around the kopitiam reminiscing their past "heroic" acts with others while holding a job not enough to meet ends and getting overly excited when the GST Angbao from gabernment comes.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can confirm Hainan kia play sky and sea ( Tian Yeh Hai Jiao, four sea all my home) you ever heard of that...:biggrin:

Isn't that in Hainan Island :confused:
Care to enlighten me :p

Contrary to popular believe, 三川 is not AST old name or alternative name machiam Hup Soon Heng = Kuntong.
Sam Chuan appears in many AST poems so many thought they were one of the same.
But it is a branch hived out from AST though the relationship between the 2 entities I would say is closer than Kuntong and Sio Kuntong even.....that is why some say Sam Chuan AST to show the association.
In malaysia they even have a 小三川.
Many of ah long san's ex lieutenants were Sam Chuan chaps (ah long san was the only person that could assemble a United Nations to work under him regardless of logo affiliation.

From my limited knowledge , 三川 is an off shoot from the first 3 strokes of and.
All laojiaos will know that there's 4 numbers from the word
:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't that in Hainan Island :confused:
Care to enlighten me :p

From my limited knowledge , 三川 is an off shoot from the first 3 strokes of and.
All laojiaos will know that there's 4 numbers from the word
:biggrin:

3821 was supposed to be a secret code.
Now is not so secret anymore.
I wonder if buy 4D this number will be red number or not.

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry Pal, to your disappointment. I'm not looking for anyone of them.

Also I already have absolute no ideal what is the SG numbers doing now. All the content I've mentioned is based on my past experiences and not current... Even if 4803 hold ghost festival, i wouldn't know where is it.

SPLS have notoriously chew cheng Eugene Galliston....is he still spls?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPLS have notoriously chew cheng Eugene Galliston....is he still spls?

No la Eugene Gallstan was 24 Sio Patt Leong....home based used to be at geylang lor 40s.

The gang killed a Malay guy in centreppint toilet 27 years ago.

Of course during the murder trial of KC Dat Malay guy they dun dare to lay claim to their SS links.....the 9 of them invented a street corner gang called the 'Marcianos'.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No la Eugene Gallstan was 24 Sio Patt Leong....home based used to be at geylang lor 40s.

The gang killed a Malay guy in centreppint toilet 27 years ago.

Yes. But the old timers in Pak Leong doesn't trust him. Eugene, I believe, was given the lightest sentence among all the other accused for the Centrepoint murder. His dad ex-SAF? Very pretty wife.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
SS in SG had been long suppressed by Section 55 unlike other countries. Some guys are still stuck in the past era, but there are some who are doing well too. Those that you feel having different level are probably those who still sit around the kopitiam reminiscing their past "heroic" acts with others while holding a job not enough to meet ends and getting overly excited when the GST Angbao from gabernment comes.
I've to agree on what u say this time.... Reasonable!!!