• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean 18SIAO aka SGH was under 18 Kuntong but they split? i heard of something like that but wasn't sure. it must have been very very long ago because since 70's SGH and SKT have been fighting.

old airport aka Kallang Airport is widely known as SKT turf, can't be Old Airport Siao.

I think I shared before....
My take on SS history 18 used to be known as kuntong.
Kuntong kias nickname chao due to acid used in gang fights.
All the SGH, SKT etc came under 18 umbrella....
Then along the way came siao and chao fractions....
And new branch like 369 as well.
Then the siao and chao name their sub branches along with their area of influence.
I stay old airport but unawares who's area....just used as example :biggrin:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun come here smoke....
If not HLS then which gang?
HLS area of influence is tanjong pagar area block 2 and amara inclusive. (At least used to be).
The headman (cannot say name) would parked his orange Nissan 350Z at amara hotel side road then to collect takings every night without fail. The license plate is bidded nice number with numerals 8.
Towards Chinatown along the road you will reach SLK territory liao. We call the area pasoh beh....
I dun bother much with area of influence as they are dynamic....but I know this 100% because I am SLK.
Sorry, I dun have to smoke.... Nothing to hide as well!!! I've been at Tanjong Pagar block 2 since i was in Sec 2.

If you're so well versed over the area, you would have know this guy call Ma Lou(Monkey)... Ah Fat was also from 08 Sio pak leng san. Back then all the Yishun recruitment was done by him. Also Bukit Pasoh that area i'm aware as well despite been more than 15years of history. If you're from Bukit Pasoh SLK n never hear of Sio Pak Leng San, then i really wonder what have you been doing during yr time as a gangster.... Even then , Yishun AST heard of this gang in Tanjong Pagar... If you're still with yr group, go and ask those old timers.

I still remember clearly sec 3, after our coffeeshop time, those headman brought us to Apollo NightClub located at the top of the then Apollo Hotel which is defunct now.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubt so. But definitely AST and AMT sprout from Ang Meng.
Pardon me if i'm wrong, but from my association with Yishun AST in the past when we always go to Sparks, I only knew that AST was also call Sam Chuan Ang Soon Tong. As times goes by, ppl just call AST only

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun come here smoke....
If not HLS then which gang?
HLS area of influence is tanjong pagar area block 2 and amara inclusive. (At least used to be).
The headman (cannot say name) would parked his orange Nissan 350Z at amara hotel side road then to collect takings every night without fail. The license plate is bidded nice number with numerals 8.
Towards Chinatown along the road you will reach SLK territory liao. We call the area pasoh beh....
I dun bother much with area of influence as they are dynamic....but I know this 100% because I am SLK.
If you still have any doubts, I introduce you to one place and ask one lady. Go to Orchard KTV located at behind Orchard Towers and call mummy 400, ask her 08 Sio Pak Leng San HQ is based at where... His husband was also formerly from there, now also turn over new leaf driving taxi already.

Sio Pak Leng San you never heard of still call yourself a SG gangster. But i dun blame you, when i went to AMK ITE, my classmates was shock also n say never heard of this group but heard of 08.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you still have any doubts, I introduce you to one place and ask one lady. Go to Orchard KTV located at behind Orchard Towers and call mummy 400, ask her 08 Sio Pak Leng San HQ is based at where... His husband was also formerly from there, now also turn over new leaf driving taxi already.

Bro, honestly, when anyone mention Tg Pagar, it is always linked to HLS. I have yet to hear anything on SPLS at the said place. Let me check with a senior HLS chap and I will revert.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, honestly, when anyone mention Tg Pagar, it is always linked to HLS. I have yet to hear anything on SPLS at the said place. Let me check with a senior HLS chap and I will revert.
Sure... Pls do me this favour!!!

If you know ppl around the Tanjong Pagar market, can ask around also. HLS was there but not at block 2. I remember during my time, HLS strongest was also not at Pagar because during that time Ah Long San haven't went in Changi Chalet yet...

Block 2 back then was very famous for horse illegal betting over the weekend... Come saturday n sunday the front n back coffeshop is always packed.

In 2000, went to HK and that was the time i start to drift away and lost touch with SG SS already... If you're talking about now who's at blk 2, i dun know, just like i was also shock to see AMK 307 was no longer there. But back then in the 90s, blk 2 definitely belong to SPLS because i go there at least 3-4 times a week.

During when Apollo nightclub was still around, the manager Ah Wai was also from SPLS, when Apollo nightclub closed down, he went to Orchard KTV to be the GM and now also quit already. This Ah Wai was one of the pioneer to bring in PRCs hostess in 1995 at Apollo nightclub. Before that nightclub was mainly made up of locals n malaysian girls.

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you posted this SME award website right, there's also another evidence that 08 SPLS was at Pagar block 2. The link that you provided has an award list, scroll all the way down and you can see one award winner Kenny Tay, dun get me wrong, he is not from Pagar blk 2 but his boss is. His Boss was my classmate and his boss was the one who brought me to T.Pagar Blk 2.

If you have the resources, call up Venture Platform n look for their boss, I'm not convenient to reveal his name to you because ppl also doing biz now already.... All turn commercialize!!!

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you still have any doubts, i introduce you to one place and ask one lady. Go to orchard ktv located at behind orchard towers and call mummy 400, ask her 08 sio pak leng san hq is based at where... His husband was also formerly from there, now also turn over new leaf driving taxi already.

Sio pak leng san you never heard of still call yourself a sg gangster. But i dun blame you, when i went to amk ite, my classmates was shock also n say never heard of this group but heard of 08.

4803 :d :d

Last edited:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

perhaps the block 2 that u all mention, 4803 only 'borrow' to sit for gathering.

since 14k mentioned that there are lots of horse racing activities happening at the coffeeshop, most likely is they 'borrow' to sit from HLS, and thus, pay a regular tribute money to HLS ah kong.

also, when they 'borrow' the place, when kena trouble with rival gangs, they cannot po themselves as block 2 SPLS zai tui lang.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps the block 2 that u all mention, 4803 only 'borrow' to sit for gathering.

since 14k mentioned that there are lots of horse racing activities happening at the coffeeshop, most likely is they 'borrow' to sit from HLS, and thus, pay a regular tribute money to HLS ah kong.

also, when they 'borrow' the place, when kena trouble with rival gangs, they cannot po themselves as block 2 SPLS zai tui lang.
Then you're wrong, even when our school time when SPLS fought against Yishun AST, SPLS declare as Tanjong Pagar...

Since school time all the way till NS, been there so many years never heard of Blk 2 was borrowed before. I know that some coffeeshop in the past is borrowed or so-called shared

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Biggest of all Chenghu siao, Peh ah Peh Singapore long chong peh.

Don't care how big your group are, you come Singapore hor you play by my rule, no boh i throw you inside jiak orh tau png...:biggrin:.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you're wrong, even when our school time when SPLS fought against Yishun AST, SPLS declare as Tanjong Pagar...

Since school time all the way till NS, been there so many years never heard of Blk 2 was borrowed before. I know that some coffeeshop in the past is borrowed or so-called shared

I can confirm Tanjong Pagar is the birthplace of HLS and Amara is hq. 08 old timers told me before that HLS is a merger of 3 different 08 groups in the tanjong pagar area, I can remember one he mention was 08 xiao ying xiong, cant remember the other 2. Anyway, blk 2 is right next door to amara hotel.

Can find out more, but im going on holiday during the tanjong pagar jia toh. So have to ask at the other jia tohs.

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can confirm Hainan kia play sky and sea ( Tian Yeh Hai Jiao, four sea all my home) you ever heard of that...:biggrin:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can confirm Tanjong Pagar is the birthplace of HLS and Amara is hq. 08 old timers told me before that HLS is a merger of 3 different 08 groups in the tanjong pagar area, I can remember one he mention was 08 xiao ying xiong, cant remember the other 2. Anyway, blk 2 is right next door to amara hotel.

Can find out more, but im going on holiday during the tanjong pagar jia toh. So have to ask at the other jia tohs.
Blk 2 is not next to Amara but opposite Amara hotel. Beside a old market.

Anyway, believe it or not. Blk 2 was occupied by SPLS during my time and SPLS is not as well know as HLS which i admit and many so-called gangster also never heard of before. Just like 08 also have another branch call (小五虎 / Sio Gor Hor) but i believe also many have not heard before.

To me after moving into HK, SG gangsters to me is merely street gangs. Just like when i told off the Tanglin Halt 369 headman (You're a rubbish gangster). So no point for me to use a low profile name to put smoke here like some joker's had mentioned. I'm just sharing my past experiences that Pagar Blk 2 was SPLS turf.

If you're going to those 7th month dinner at Tanjong Pagar, definitely you can ask around. During my time, the so-called CEO was Ma Lao (cantonese) which means monkey...

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I dun have to smoke.... Nothing to hide as well!!! I've been at Tanjong Pagar block 2 since i was in Sec 2.

If you're so well versed over the area, you would have know this guy call Ma Lou(Monkey)... Ah Fat was also from 08 Sio pak leng san. Back then all the Yishun recruitment was done by him. Also Bukit Pasoh that area i'm aware as well despite been more than 15years of history. If you're from Bukit Pasoh SLK n never hear of Sio Pak Leng San, then i really wonder what have you been doing during yr time as a gangster.... Even then , Yishun AST heard of this gang in Tanjong Pagar... If you're still with yr group, go and ask those old timers.

I still remember clearly sec 3, after our coffeeshop time, those headman brought us to Apollo NightClub located at the top of the then Apollo Hotel which is defunct now.

late 90s when the snooker salon was still around at amara hotel. some guys seating there declare this is HLS turf. honestly never heard of 4803 before but your facts seem cedible. they probably seldom go out of home base.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
late 90s when the snooker salon was still around at amara hotel. some guys seating there declare this is HLS turf. honestly never heard of 4803 before but your facts seem cedible. they probably seldom go out of home base.
4803 is a rather low profile group and making money was the main interest compare to some other group which always only create problems outside. 4803 also is quite different from other common numbers as the juniors dun have to pay their headman money every month n instead the headman still give the juniors monies to spend.

But most of them now all leading normal life a already. Those who went overseas went overseas, some make it in SG set up their own company like Venture Platform, some went into food biz n driving taxi as well

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sorry I really never heard of SPLS or PLS before this....though heard of Sio Leng San briefly....maybe I'm just ignorant.
Thanks for provide all the details to verify but no issues to me.....if your info is correct means I learn something new today.
There many nickname monkeys I dun know the one you mentioned since I stated I dunno SPLS even....the most famous monkey I know is ah long san....though I dun call him that, only his peers can.

Pardon me if i'm wrong, but from my association with Yishun AST in the past when we always go to Sparks, I only knew that AST was also call Sam Chuan Ang Soon Tong. As times goes by, ppl just call AST only
since we are into little known facts today, let me share one.

Contrary to popular believe, 三川 is not AST old name or alternative name machiam Hup Soon Heng = Kuntong.
Sam Chuan appears in many AST poems so many thought they were one of the same.
But it is a branch hived out from AST though the relationship between the 2 entities I would say is closer than Kuntong and Sio Kuntong even.....that is why some say Sam Chuan AST to show the association.
In malaysia they even have a 小三川.
Many of ah long san's ex lieutenants were Sam Chuan chaps (ah long san was the only person that could assemble a United Nations to work under him regardless of logo affiliation.