• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro goldendragon In the eighties most cid io are also members of ss I wonder if their heads aware of it?:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you guys heard of this man called 'Singapore Siao'. Heard from a mate in army that most SS went to pay their respect at his funeral? Also there was a comedy movie that starred Mark Lee.

His funeral was bigger than amara chang's (who was murdered in JB hospital).
SG siao murdered shortly after released from prison.
He was the headman of 18 siao who created the siao banner and spilt 18 umbrella.
Former SGH.

What relationship about mark lee and movie?

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mai si sua ta. It call siao Keng or Woodbridge only. Then there only a leprosy home nearby which only torn down ard 2002/3. I always wonder about the family who own the wood mill just next to the leprosy home. They are there as long as I can remember and must be darn rich as always have 3-5 inside the compound which also has a pack of mutts inside.

Bor Si Sua Ta lah. Leprosy home was commonly known as Tai Ko Keng.

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know tanjong pagar was hai lok san tiger mouth and ex head was tua tao :biggrin:
Tanjong Pagar Blk 2 (if i remember clearly) and the old market located above (dun know whether still ard) is not Hai Lok San. HLS is further up near to Chinatown area.

During the 90s when pagers was as common as hp now, all the bookies are over there during the weekend to collect illegal betting and many other numbers who also in this trade always visited this coffeeshop at weekend.

The person u mentioned Tua Tao, i think i can recall something.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tanjong Pagar Blk 2 (if i remember clearly) and the old market located above (dun know whether still ard) is not Hai Lok San. HLS is further up near to Chinatown area.

During the 90s when pagers was as common as hp now, all the bookies are over there during the weekend to collect illegal betting and many other numbers who also in this trade always visited this coffeeshop at weekend.

The person u mentioned Tua Tao, i think i can recall something.

Dun come here smoke....
If not HLS then which gang?
HLS area of influence is tanjong pagar area block 2 and amara inclusive. (At least used to be).
The headman (cannot say name) would parked his orange Nissan 350Z at amara hotel side road then to collect takings every night without fail. The license plate is bidded nice number with numerals 8.
Towards Chinatown along the road you will reach SLK territory liao. We call the area pasoh beh....
I dun bother much with area of influence as they are dynamic....but I know this 100% because I am SLK.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun come here smoke....
If not HLS then which gang?
HLS area of influence is tanjong pagar area block 2 and amara inclusive. (At least used to be).
The headman (cannot say name) would parked his orange Nissan 350Z at amara hotel side road then to collect takings every night without fail. The license plate is bidded nice number with numerals 8.
Towards Chinatown along the road you will reach SLK territory liao. We call the area pasoh beh....
I dun bother much with area of influence as they are dynamic....but I know this 100% because I am SLK.

Bro, can i check with you about the S in SLK? I remembered you saying that it was a branched out unit. I don't remember hearing SLK in the past probably until the 90's. Previously, only heard of 24LK. Are you sure it wasn't sarcastically added by in by rivals to suan the LK people.
None of the other 24 start with Sio. E.g 24GHK commonly known as 24HK and 24GLK and some other less known 24 branches.
Unlike 18, SGH and SKT which are branched out units.
Please advise.

Last edited:

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was the headman of 18 siao who created the siao banner and spilt 18 umbrella.
Former SGH.

What relationship about mark lee and movie?

i always thought 18 siao is the same as 18 SGH just like 369 is the same as 18 SKT. But i figure there was a connection with 'Singapore Siao' and 18 Siao.

Part 1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNywfvyiBgE
Part 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfvOYsFYBk

Amara Chong suspected to be murdered in JB police custody. got beaten up or something..

enjoy!

Last edited:

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, can i check with you about the S in SLK? I remembered you saying that it was a branched out unit. I don't remember hearing SLK in the past probably until the 90's. Previously, only heard of 24LK. Are you sure it wasn't sarcastically added by in by rivals to suan the LK people.
None of the other 24 start with Sio. E.g 24GHK commonly known as 24HK and 24GLK and some other less known 24 branches.
Please advise.

I think it was because 24 LG was a very old gang likewise for 24 AK. The Ghee gangs under 24 started later..80s?
Nowadays i see AK being called GAK, don't know why but i always known it as SAK.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please advise.

LK is old logo from the time of likes of hai san and ghee hin etc.
Sio is actually not branch out technically but is the gang gets too big so need to differentiate between the old and new. SLK been around since mid 80s.
Another 24 gang with sio prefix is patt leong with 小八联....remembered both gangs actively recruiting in the 80s.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro goldendragon In the eighties most cid io are also members of ss I wonder if their heads aware of it?:biggrin:

Yes, 70s till late 90s. Some heads were aware of their officers' affiliation. Depends on their ground knowledge. For the past decade, ground knowledge of these heads machiam 'diminishing returns'.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Former SGH.

Correct. Recall he was knifed or stabbed to death in Geylang. Either in a mess or his room. Killer still at large but identified.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng replies hokkien: bro, my late distant uncle was a CID umpai tuakau u know? black white both ways 黑白两道 also must give him kopi lui u know? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i always thought 18 siao is the same as 18 SGH just like 369 is the same as 18 SKT. But i figure there was a connection with 'Singapore Siao' and 18 Siao.

Part 1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNywfvyiBgE
Part 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfvOYsFYBk

Amara Chong suspected to be murdered in JB police custody. got beaten up or something..

enjoy!
Yes the siao and the chao flags differentiation came later after my time.
I supposed siao is SGH. But they also got sub branches with the siao prefix, ie old airport siao, bedok siao etc.
To me they are all 18 kuntong.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro could be money easy come easy go:biggrin:

Many of these lau am pais were heavily into horse betting and needless to say, heavy losses was the end result. Last batch was in the mid and late 90s. Nowadays, am pais all kuai kuai. Most won't even know how to bet on horses.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the siao and the chao flags differentiation came later after my time.
I supposed siao is SGH. But they also got sub branches with the siao prefix, ie old airport siao, bedok siao etc.
To me they are all 18 kuntong.

you mean 18SIAO aka SGH was under 18 Kuntong but they split? i heard of something like that but wasn't sure. it must have been very very long ago because since 70's SGH and SKT have been fighting.

old airport aka Kallang Airport is widely known as SKT turf, can't be Old Airport Siao.