• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do You Want This Woman?

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sassy singles end up dating Mr Fright
So are you their Mr Right?
By Maureen Koh and Crystal Chan

August 25, 2008

THEY are attractive, well-educated, have good careers and are financially independent.
TNP PICTURE: MOHD ISHAK

They have gone through several relationships. And yet...

Singapore women like them occupy space on the mind of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who devoted a substantial portion of last Sunday's National Day Rally speech to their plight – and its impact on a society's procreation problem.

Reason: They are into their late 20s – and still single.

Why?

If you are their Mr Right, this is what they would like you to know.

MISS CANDY SOH, 27, PRESCHOOL TEACHER

I'm single but not desperate because...

I've treated all my previous relationships seriously, to the extent that I almost got married in 2006.

We had booked a flat, bought a bridal package and paid the deposit for the banquet.

But things started to spiral downwards when he left all the wedding preparation to my parents and me.

Maybe I had cold feet too because other negative traits started to surface.

He was too possessive and he didn't like that I was outgoing.

It's one thing if we're talking about bad habits, but hey, that's me, it's my personality and that's what makes me unique.

So the obvious ending was to go our separate ways.

It's better now than later.

Singaporean men are a turn-off because...

Some kiss and tell. I feel that's really disgusting and ethically wrong.

Or those that gossip and bitch endlessly, like san gu liu po (nosy relatives).

Control freaks – like my ex-fiance – also put me off.

We're all adults and as long as we don't fool around, I don't feel you should demand that your partner reports your every movement. That's so wrong.

Oh, while I enjoy being pampered, I am no damsel in distress.

For some strange reason, some men seem to think that male chivalry is a display of security. Please, we're not living in medieval times.

My ideal partner is...

Someone who is financially stable. I don't need him to possess the 5Cs (car, condo, cash, credit card, and country club membership) but it'll definitely help if we don't have to worry about bills before the next pay-day.

Okay, this sounds contradictory from what I've just said, but he must also have time for me and the family.

He doesn't have to be drop-dead gorgeous, just pleasant to the eye. This is for life, you know.

Lastly, he does not have to be as gregarious as me, but please don't stop me from being myself.

My response to PM Lee's National Day Rally...

While I can understand PM's concern, I seriously don't think matchmaking is going to work. Especially not if our parents intervene, that's so "or-bit" (slang for outdated).

It's silly to get married for the sake of getting married.

But yes, when the right man comes along at the right time, I will certainly go for it.

When that happens, I'll definitely have babies. I don't need incentives to spur me on.

Attachments

• NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_MKSINGLE-BLEt.jpg
    NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_MKSINGLE-BLEt.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 260

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think she's ok.

the mistake was rushing in the marriage - only then she started to see the negative traits of the guy.

should pak-tor for a longer time (imo, at least 3 yrs)

when choosing a life-partner, one must not be too hasty.

after having gone thru' one failed marriage, she should be wiser now.

jw5

Loyal
They can kiss and tell on you simply because there is something to tell right?
If there was nothing to tell or not enough people with something to tell, there would be nothing to worry about correct?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

August 25, 2008

THEY are attractive, well-educated, have good careers and are financially independent.

Singapore women like them occupy space on the mind of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who devoted a substantial portion of last Sunday's National Day Rally speech to their plight – and its impact on a society's procreation problem.

Why?

I've treated all my previous relationships seriously, to the extent that I almost got married in 2006.

We had booked a flat, bought a bridal package and paid the deposit for the banquet.

But things started to spiral downwards when he left all the wedding preparation to my parents and me.

It's one thing if we're talking about bad habits, but hey, that's me, it's my personality and that's what makes me unique.

We're all adults and as long as we don't fool around, I don't feel you should demand that your partner reports your every movement. That's so wrong.

For some strange reason, some men seem to think that male chivalry is a display of security. Please, we're not living in medieval times.

My ideal partner is...

Someone who is financially stable. I don't need him to possess the 5Cs (car, condo, cash, credit card, and country club membership) but it'll definitely help if we don't have to worry about bills before the next pay-day.

Okay, this sounds contradictory from what I've just said, but he must also have time for me and the family.

He doesn't have to be drop-dead gorgeous, just pleasant to the eye. This is for life, you know.

Lastly, he does not have to be as gregarious as me, but please don't stop me from being myself.

While I can understand PM's concern, I seriously don't think matchmaking is going to work. Especially not if our parents intervene, that's so "or-bit" (slang for outdated).

But yes, when the right man comes along at the right time, I will certainly go for it.

When that happens, I'll definitely have babies. I don't need incentives to spur me on.
I think she has not found the right MAN. Case closed ! Must find someone who can match your expectation in a relationship , before getting involve.

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
we guys please don't let the wrong head do the thinking and end up with wrong decisions hor...:biggrin:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Lau!. Just dated a few singaporeans & say singapore men are turn-off. I think she is finding excuses to date ANGMOHS. F**king SPG again.

mustpaycashhhh

Alfrescian
Loyal

August 25, 2008

Why?

My ideal partner is...

She no open leg how to see? Must see property before buy mah.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean man a turn off ??? If she cant find someone who is in her own culture to marry, you think she can marry the ang mo ????? She will get the shock of her life when she marry another ang mo !

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
the modern woman is quite hard to please . want to be treated like a lady such as opening door for them, buy flowers , act gentleman in front of them but at the same time want to have equal rights in distribution of taking care of kids, money , etc

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
the modern woman is quite hard to please . want to be treated like a lady such as opening door for them, buy flowers , act gentleman in front of them but at the same time want to have equal rights in distribution of taking care of kids, money , etc
Ya ......Singaporean woman wants to have a cake and eat it too !

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Someone who is financially stable. I don't need him to possess the 5Cs (car, condo, cash, credit card, and country club membership) but it'll definitely help if we don't have to worry about bills before the next pay-day......."

What is financially stable? income > $5,000 per month ?

jhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's alright. But I disagree that she's not desperate. No non-desperate person would bother writing such a long winded essay to justify her own situation.

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

August 25, 2008

Bro,

She seems to forget that she isn't the only one left on earth choosing her beau..

She must also remember the knife cuts both ways in that her Mr Right is also screening and choosing his Miss Right.

Furthermore, what's make her think having babies is easy. You want, you get..? How does she know she can bear babies in the first place..

Cheers!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Lau!. Just dated a few singaporeans & say singapore men are turn-off. I think she is finding excuses to date ANGMOHS. F**king SPG again.

I agree. She says she is outgoing and he is possessive but I bet she will insist on being in control of his life if they proceeded on with their marriage and have him report on all hs activities.

She say he left all the wedding preparations to her and her family. I have seen so many cases of the girl's family taking over the control of the wedding ceremony leaving the groom with no say. In this case her ex-fiance may be just giving face to her and her family and she interpretes it to be not being involved.

She says she is entitled to her bad habits (whatever they may be) because it is her personality. I get the impression that she was trying to change his character to suit her and never was there a word on compromise.

I am happy that her ex-fiance did not marry this horror of a woman.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>My ideal partner is...

<<<

Such criteria are only applicable if your dick is not pure white or black. If it is, expect the SPGs to sponsor u everything from car to your underwear with free fxxx to boot.

paranoidspy

" He doesn't have to be drop-dead gorgeous, just pleasant to the eye. This is for life, you know.
"
She just failed the criteria she set upon for her ideal partner...:biggrin: