• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Distressed, Snowflake moslem Upset That SMRT Recycled Hari Raya Aidil Decorations For Hari Raya Aidilatta Holiday!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

SINGAPORE - SBS Transit has apologised for having outdated decorations saying "Hari Raya Aidilfitri" on one of its North East Line trains two months after the festival ended.

"This was due to an oversight. We have since removed the outdated stickers and do apologise for the distress caused," said the train and bus service operator in a post on Facebook on Tuesday evening (July 13).

The SBS apology follows a Facebook post by netizen Syed Mahdzar Al-Shahab on the same day pointing out that the decorations were incorrect. His post included a picture of the decorations, which are stickers along the interior of an MRT train carriage.

He said in the post: "I was in the train today and this was decorated all over. Seriously, Aidilfitri? I'm not trying to be an expert, I'm a Muslim and we've just passed Aidilfitri in May!"

"So whoever put up this decoration, I hope you double check your work next time. SBS Transit Ltd … It is Aidiladha not Aidilfitri!?"

Before the SBS post, it was unclear if the decorations were outdated or incorrectly referencing another Muslim festival - Hari Raya Aidiladha, also known as Hari Raya Haji.

Hari Raya Aidilfitri, also known as Hari Raya Puasa, fell on May 13 this year. It is celebrated as the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan by Muslims here.

Hari Raya Haji, which commemorates Prophet Ibrahim's obedience to God through his willingness to sacrifice his son Ismail, will fall on July 20 this year.

In a subsequent Facebook post, Mr Syed Mahdzar also pointed out that the decorations feature a bicycle, which has no apparent connection to the religious significance of the festival.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...d-hari-raya-aidilfitri-greetings-on-mrt-train

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE - SBS Transit has apologised for having outdated decorations saying "Hari Raya Aidilfitri" on one of its North East Line trains two months after the festival ended.

"This was due to an oversight. We have since removed the outdated stickers and do apologise for the distress caused," said the train and bus service operator in a post on Facebook on Tuesday evening (July 13).

The SBS apology follows a Facebook post by netizen Syed Mahdzar Al-Shahab on the same day pointing out that the decorations were incorrect. His post included a picture of the decorations, which are stickers along the interior of an MRT train carriage.

He said in the post: "I was in the train today and this was decorated all over. Seriously, Aidilfitri? I'm not trying to be an expert, I'm a Muslim and we've just passed Aidilfitri in May!"

"So whoever put up this decoration, I hope you double check your work next time. SBS Transit Ltd … It is Aidiladha not Aidilfitri!?"

Before the SBS post, it was unclear if the decorations were outdated or incorrectly referencing another Muslim festival - Hari Raya Aidiladha, also known as Hari Raya Haji.

Hari Raya Aidilfitri, also known as Hari Raya Puasa, fell on May 13 this year. It is celebrated as the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan by Muslims here.

Hari Raya Haji, which commemorates Prophet Ibrahim's obedience to God through his willingness to sacrifice his son Ismail, will fall on July 20 this year.

In a subsequent Facebook post, Mr Syed Mahdzar also pointed out that the decorations feature a bicycle, which has no apparent connection to the religious significance of the festival.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...d-hari-raya-aidilfitri-greetings-on-mrt-train

Snowflake Mossie is the offshoot of Jesus's the Superstar.....

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That it was a member of the public who highlighted this matter tells me that there
are lots and lots of unhappy Mats with the management. NONE of their Muslim
staff inform the management saw this, but did not pass the info upstairs?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recycled decorations? Hello Melayus... welcome to the club. :biggrin:

The only decorations that won't be recycled are those for National Day, particularly the politically-driven giant billboards and the flag decorations near RCs, CCs and major roads. :wink:

Anyway foreign Muslims can't got to Mecca for their hajj for the second consecutive year, so celebrate or not celebrate Hari Raya Haji is frankly pointless.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have another theory.

SMRT hires a lot of SAF armour officers. SAF has no muslim armour officer. The department in charge probably headed by these people.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought we have a full cabinet minister in charge of Muslim Affairs...he sleeping issit ????