• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek must go. 3 month old Trainees dying is not acceptable

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw the animation on CNA. I dont know how accurate it is but if it is not, then it is misleading and doesnot help the case.

In the animation over TV news, 15 men were sent and were seen running or walking briskly towards the junction box where the supervisor will arrive at to switch off the power. According to the clip, the supervisor was front most, followed by the two deceased, and 12 others Indian file.

To me it is strange and weird that the supervisor in front was not touched by the oncoming train, neither were the 12 others behind the 2 dead. So whats going on? Remember they were shown running in single file.

We now have 13 key witnesses. I hope they speak their minds.

Same thoughts here. My guess is the 2nd guy got hit by the oncoming train, got thrown into the 3rd guy and both ended up on the track

The ops manager also said in the interview that it is normal for technical personnel to be on the service walkway during normal train service.

My questions are:
- Are there safety drills for technicians when on the service walkway? Especially when there are oncoming trains approaching, are they supposed to stop walking and let the train pass?
- If there are safety drills in place, were the 2 new technicians properly trained to adhere to them?

To think of it, today's accident might have caused 14 innocent lives instead of just 2 :(

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prime Minister A-kow
Transport Minister A-kow
SMRT CEO A-kow
The hirearchy of A-kow on 23 March , 1 year after Harry became permanently A-kow

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not a knee jerk reaction. What kind of management allows 2 trainees within 3 months of joining a company be placed in such position that they have lost their lives. There is no act of God here, no wind, no storm etc that could have contributed to this tragedy. Again I suspect that it is poor procedures.

Desmond has been with the SMRT since 1 Oct 2012 and his last drawn salary was $2.25. When he came in he was allowed to bring in his own team and except for two, the rest were from the SAF with no prior experience in the industry. If he had brought in at least half of them who are in this industry it would have been acceptable. Does he need 10 years to fix the SMRT.

There has to be independent inquiry and not another bullshit eyewash exercise where lower ranking stuff are disciplined and we are then told that they have accepted their punishment. And why is he paid much higher than other GLC chiefs with firms that are valued much higher.

You are joking. Your ignorance on LHL and Desmond relationship is deplorable.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be silly. The deceased are at least 20 years old. They should know better than to hop onto a rail track with an oncoming train.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Don't be silly. The deceased are at least 20 years old. They should know better than to hop onto a rail track with an oncoming train.

Accidents are part and parcel of life and sinkies need to learn to accept this fact instead of trying to politicize every single incident.

The London Underground has been running for more than a century and accidents occur regardless of who is running the country at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_London_Underground_accidents

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Accidents are part and parcel of life and sinkies need to learn to accept this fact instead of trying to politicize every single incident.

The London Underground has been running for more than a century and accidents occur regardless of who is running the country at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_London_Underground_accidents

ya lar u kum gong kia.london gov kum gong and you also follow them kum gong.no wonder u are sg most kum gong kia.

london alot of accidents in their train... so u also will want to follow their step and blame it on is common lah... or make improvement...

u kns cao ah gua.