• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek must go. 3 month old Trainees dying is not acceptable

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....typical opportunist at work....
without knowing head or tail, straightaway blah, blah, blah like an empty vessel....
In this particular case, SOP was not followed, so heads will roll for sure...

Anybody with half a brain will know that in any large organisation, there will always be operational/line staff taking risks/short cuts and trying their luck....
if everytime operational SOPs are not followed on the ground and the CEO has to go, then it doesn't matter who is the CEO (he may be the most experienced and competent person running the best MTR in the world), it is matter of luck because he has no way to do the ground supervision....that is the job of the foremen, section heads/managers, department managers; etc....
As usual Scroobal is trying to exploit this unfortunate incident to score brownie points.....truly pathetic..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
without knowing head or tail, straightaway blah, blah, blah like an empty vessel....

Anybody with half a brain will know that in any large organisation, there will always be operational/line staff taking risks/short cuts and trying their luck....
if everytime operational SOPs are not followed on the ground and the CEO has to go, then it doesn't matter who is the CEO (he may be the most experienced and competent person running the best MTR in the world), it is matter of luck because he has no way to do the ground supervision....that is the job of the foremen, section heads/managers, department managers; etc....
As usual Scroobal is trying to exploit this unfortunate incident to score brownie points.....truly pathetic..

your mum's calling you. bed time.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not a knee jerk reaction. What kind of management allows 2 trainees within 3 months of joining a company be placed in such position that they have lost their lives. There is no act of God here, no wind, no storm etc that could have contributed to this tragedy. Again I suspect that it is poor procedures.

Desmond has been with the SMRT since 1 Oct 2012 and his last drawn salary was $2.25. When he came in he was allowed to bring in his own team and except for two, the rest were from the SAF with no prior experience in the industry. If he had brought in at least half of them who are in this industry it would have been acceptable. Does he need 10 years to fix the SMRT.

There has to be independent inquiry and not another bullshit eyewash exercise where lower ranking stuff are disciplined and we are then told that they have accepted their punishment. And why is he paid much higher than other GLC chiefs with firms that are valued much higher.

The elite scholar path in the civil service and glcs is analogous to the GRC system. High barrier to entry but, once on the gravy train, people look out for each other and you don't fall off except through natural attrition, or two cardinal sins (namely corruption in office and adultery in politics). Incompetence or misfortune can be tolerated by moving people within the vast system if they don't work out in one place. People have been braying for DQ's blood but he is still there. This is despite all the mishaps plus distractions like ventures into telecoms (aborted) and consulting (really ?). Only an adverse political consequence will change anything, but Singaporeans are too dumb for words.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree that their careers are just too important to fail. When you are a scholar couple pulling in 400k before the age of 30, you begin to operate in a totally different paradigm. And the bonding of like minded is the next step. Plus the mentor scheme actually becomes abused as they start having godfathers who provide air cover as the years roll by.

And yes, at least a 2 party at a minimum system established and embedded will serve the country.

Don't get me started on Singaporeans. I checked into SBF to see why no one was talking about Hepatitis C outbreaks in social media. In the past SBF will have someone provide a link or a insight. I also saw Sam's message about his health and one thing let to another. I was gobsmacked that one of the biggest cover-up had not even registered at all.

I longed held the belief that unless it appears on the Straits Times, Singaporeans will not believe anything.

The elite scholar path in the civil service and glcs is analogous to the GRC system. High barrier to entry but, once on the gravy train, people look out for each other and you don't fall off except through natural attrition, or two cardinal sins (namely corruption in office and adultery in politics). Incompetence or misfortune can be tolerated by moving people within the vast system if they don't work out in one place. People have been braying for DQ's blood but he is still there. This is despite all the mishaps plus distractions like ventures into telecoms (aborted) and consulting (really ?). Only an adverse political consequence will change anything, but Singaporeans are too dumb for words.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not connected. Auric stable origin is Taiping, then HK and then Singapore. Malaysian family of Jerry Sung.

I not sure saw phaik hwa will thank her lucky star as from what I heard she tiok cancer. That her official reason to leave auric pacific.

Btw the way, auric stable related to auric pacific?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not sure saw phaik hwa will thank her lucky star as from what I heard she tiok cancer. That her official reason to leave auric pacific.

Btw the way, auric stable related to auric pacific?

If I not remember correctly. She left' Auric after their business suffered a lot since she went onboard?

If is true, then it just proven she was in SMRT due to connections, with nothing of business value between her ears. Manage an engineering company as in SMRT? We need divine help to save the peasants, please.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The buck stops at the CEO. This CEO has failed so many times. He is there not because of competence but of patronage. Which organization will allow a CEO 5 years to solve urgent issues? Only SMRT it seems. And he has salary doubled for achieving nothing!

Desmond and his team deserves to be fired. The minister should hari-kiri. The SMRT board should be fired as well.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a Malay letter writer to TRE ...

http://www.tremeritus.com/2016/03/23/lee-kuan-yew-would-have-sacked-incompetent-smrt-ceo/

Lee Kuan Yew would have sacked the incompetent SMRT CEO

March 23rd, 2016

Today is Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s one year death anniversary.

Most Singaporeans respect Mr Lee for everything he sacrificed and did for Singapore. One important trait Mr Lee possessed was his disdain for imperfection and incompetence. SMRT’s latest tragedy where two young technicians died after a train crashed into them while they were repairing the tracks is total incompetence.

If Mr Lee Kuan Yew was still alive, he would have sacked SMRT CEO Desmond Kuek after this latest fiasco. This current leaders of Singapore are simply weak and too soft on their non-performing subordinates.

When Mr Lee was in charge, anything he took charge would be tested to perfection before being released to the public. Now, everything is tested by the public and Singaporeans are made to suffer incompetence and inefficiencies.

Desmond Kuek has been given so much time to turn things around but till today, track faults and delays are the norm and worse now safety was compromised, two young lives gone. Lee Kuan Yew would have fired his sorry ass for not turning the situation around but made things worse.

Sometimes I think Singapore really miss Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s no nonsense approach to governance. He is firm, he is harsh, but he will force the people to make things work. No excuses, no apologies, he would have solved the problem no matter how difficult it was.

The current batch of Ministers need to learn from the late Mr Lee and use this steel to get things done. Stop using words to smoke Singaporean, stop talking and start delivering on results.

Rizad Said

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't get me started on Singaporeans. I checked into SBF to see why no one was talking about Hepatitis C outbreaks in social media. In the past SBF will have someone provide a link or a insight. I also saw Sam's message about his health and one thing let to another. I was gobsmacked that one of the biggest cover-up had not even registered at all.

I longed held the belief that unless it appears on the Straits Times, Singaporeans will not believe anything.

to be fair, sbf did kpkb a while regarding the Hep C outbreak but there not much info from public media and soon ppl here were distracted by the next big news.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
you saying yourself?

You are damn stupid. You obviously does not know spanish and the difference between numero uno and numero ultimo. Ultimo in spanish is not equal to ultimate stupid. it means the last . please learn some spanish before you open your stupid foul mouth and showed everyone here how idiotic you are.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

absolutely agree and i am with you on this.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are damn stupid. You obviously does not know spanish and the difference between numero uno and numero ultimo. Ultimo in spanish is not equal to ultimate stupid. it means the last . please learn some spanish before you open your stupid foul mouth and showed everyone here how idiotic you are.

excellent post! what can you expect from a jaga jamban?