• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dedicated to Alamaking - Does a person's education level reflects his intelligence?

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
a cycler? lol

hi there

1. ak, i believe you meant "cyclist" or what!

When I was young, my parents used to ask me to study hard. They told me that the more you study, the cleverer you would become. I used to belive them until I came to this forum. I am not talking about Queen's English. Neither am I talking about standard English. But for an Australian Master Degree Holder to spell cyclist as Cyclerand its not his first time that he was caught with wrong spelling.

There are times when he should be slapped. There was a thread whereby someone's head was crushed under a vehicle and he could ask, "Is he still alive?"

I can only conclude that either he is really stupid, or Aussie Universities are producing rubbish.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Dedicated to Alamaking - Does a person's education level reflects his intelligenc

Every now and then you will see spelling / grammatical mistakes on thread titles. The time allowed for editing is 5 minutes if i am not wrong. Sometimes i type too fast and made mistakes too so i do plenty of editing. :biggrin:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dedicated to Alamaking - Does a person's education level reflects his intelligenc

Alamaking is dylexic. :smile:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha.....there is a difference between typo error and not knowing the correct word/terminology.
is ts a he or she...that is the question and this is no typo........lol.

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every now and then you will see spelling / grammatical mistakes on thread titles. The time allowed for editing is 5 minutes if i am not wrong. Sometimes i type too fast and made mistakes too so i do plenty of editing. :biggrin:

If he had spelled Cyclist as Cylist, this is call a spelling mistake.

But to call a cyclist a cycler, there is no excuse :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If he had spelled Cyclist as Cylist, this is call a spelling mistake.

But to call a cyclist a cycler, there is no excuse :biggrin:

You beat me to it..:wink:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aussie unis also got tiers. Depends on whether it is a state uni with extensive funding or not. But generally Aussie unis standards are so so, with the exception of ANU.

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aussie unis also got tiers. Depends on whether it is a state uni with extensive funding or not. But generally Aussie unis standards are so so, with the exception of ANU.

Mayhe he got his Masters from those distance learning program from MDIS. I used to help those foreign students do their masters assignments. They paid quite well. $500 per assignment and I am only a PSLE dropout.

jw5

Loyal

A high level of education, intelligence, good grammar and spelling are all mutually exclusive traits.
Intelligence is the ability to make logical deductions.
You don't need to be extremely intelligent to be highly educated or to be good in spelling and grammar.
Even making a comment like "is he alive" does not necessarily reflect a lack of intelligence.
He could have been trying to be sarcastic, or simply asking a nonsensical question.
It's also not true that the more you study, the cleverer you would become.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not necessary.

1) His fingers typing the keyboard are faster than his brain? "Honest" Mistakes. :biggrin:
2) I have seen living person with half a skull. He's probably concern if the guy is still alive.

Just the other day, someone try to correct my grammar. Instead, he self pawned himself. :biggrin: Self "thrusted" himself.
Ironically, just a few hours before that he said these to another forummer;
"Better to keep quiet and let others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth to confirm you are a fool." - (His Signature) :biggrin:

AK talks alot, chances of making "mistakes" are higher, but that bugger doesn't talk alot but his self pwned rate is amazingly high. :biggrin:

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal

A high level of education, intelligence, good grammar and spelling are all mutually exclusive traits.
Intelligence is the ability to make logical deductions.
You don't need to be extremely intelligent to be highly educated or to be good in spelling and grammar.
Even making a comment like "is he alive" does not necessarily reflect a lack of intelligence.
He could have been trying to be sarcastic, or simply asking a nonsensical question.
It's also not true that the more you study, the cleverer you would become.

He is not known for his sarcasm. But you are a nice man :smile:

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not necessary.

1) His fingers typing the keyboard are faster than his brain? "Honest" Mistakes. :biggrin:
2) I have seen living person with half a skull. He's probably concern if the guy is still alive.

Just the other day, someone try to correct my grammar. Instead, he self pawned himself. :biggrin: Self "thrusted" himself.
Ironically, just a few hours before that he said these to another forummer;
"Better to keep quiet and let others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth to confirm you are a fool." - (His Signature) :biggrin:

AK talks alot, chances of making "mistakes" are higher, but that bugger doesn't talk alot but his self pwned rate is amazingly high. :biggrin:

I started this thread to see if a thread with his moniker would garner enough viewership. :smile:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I was young, my parents used to ask me to study hard. They told me that the more you study, the cleverer you would become. I used to belive them until I came to this forum. I am not talking about Queen's English. Neither am I talking about standard English. But for an Australian Master Degree Holder to spell cyclist as Cycler and its not his first time that he was caught with wrong spelling.

There are times when he should be slapped. There was a thread whereby someone's head was crushed under a vehicle and he could ask, "Is he still alive?"

I can only conclude that either he is really stupid, or Aussie Universities are producing rubbish.

Mayhe he got his Masters from those distance learning program from MDIS. I used to help those foreign students do their masters assignments. They paid quite well. $500 per assignment and I am only a PSLE dropout.

Apparently, you don't listen to your parents when you are young. :biggrin:

By the way, kudos to you for working your way through even though you were once a PSLE dropout. Please give AK chance to improve himself. He is probably too obsessed with rep points.:biggrin:

P.S: AK Jiayou! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Define "intelligence". :rolleyes:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Intelligence is not based on education level.

But if you say Alamaking is poor in English, that might be more apt.