• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Death of a Wife and the profound impact on Modern S’pore history

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats the Moral of the Story ?

more than a few acted on the news - Temasek and Osim Ron Sim are investors in Jumbo .

IPO price only S$0.25 cents.

Today closed at S$0.67 cents .

They made millions in less tha 10 months.

Next 6 months - target S$1.00 ( for the brave hearted !)

Singapore chilli crab king Jumbo Group's IPO surges in trading debut

1006.jpg

Jumbo Seafood restaurant at East Coast Seafood Centre. ST PHOTO: LIM SIN THAI

PUBLISHEDNOV 9, 2015, 11:05 AM SGTUPDATEDJAN 19, 2016, 4:22 PM
FACEBOOK910TWITTEREMAIL
SINGAPORE (BLOOMBERG) - Shares of Jumbo Group, the Singapore-based operator of chili-crab restaurants, surged in its trading debut on Monday (Nov 9) after selling shares in the country's biggest initial public offering this year to investors including a Temasek Holdings unit and Osim International chairman Ron Sim.

The shares rose as much as 58 per cent to an intraday high of 39.5 Singapore cents before trading at 36.5 Singapore cents as of 11:26 am.

Jumbo sold shares at 25 Singapore cents each in its IPO, which raised S$40 million from investors including Temasek's Heliconia Capital Management Pte.

"It's a company with great potential," Mr Sim said in an interview on Monday at Jumbo's listing ceremony at the headquarters of Singapore Exchange. Mr Sim said he's a long-term shareholder with no plans to immediately cash out on his S$8 million investment.

"Their dishes - chili crabs, pepper crabs and butter crabs - can be world dishes," he said.

Jumbo Group, which also operates restaurants offering pork rib soup, or bak kut teh, and ramen noodles, serves more than 6,000 customers daily, according to its website. The restaurant operator will open at least four more outlets in China and Singapore within the next two years, according to its filing.

"In the next five years, it will be an interesting journey," Mr Sim said. "We hope to be able to help them to be a little more strategic with the countries to expand."

Jumbo's IPO brings the number of companies listed on SGX's second board Catalist to 169, with a total value of S$9 billion. Eleven companies have raised S$194 million in initial share sales in Singapore this year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, with Jumbo as the biggest offering. That compares with S$2.6 billion raised in the same period last year.

"Jumbo has a good recipe for investment," Derek Lau, chief executive officer of Heliconia, said in an interview. "It's got good brands which are well-recognized - chili crabs and bak kut teh. You can proudly say these are Singapore products and are scalable."

Jumbo CEO Ang Kiam Meng said he will leverage on Heliconia's and Mr Sim's expertise, network and experience.

"It's their decision but we'll work hard to convince them to increase their stakes in us," Mr Ang said in an interview. "Yes, of course we would like that."

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Osim's Ron Sim initial investments of S$8M is now worth more than S$16M !

"It's a company with great potential," Mr Sim said in an interview on Monday at Jumbo's listing ceremony at the headquarters of Singapore Exchange. Mr Sim said he's a long-term shareholder with no plans to immediately cash out on his S$8 million investment.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Came up by default spell check? :p

Intriguing thread, notwithstanding your crossing swords with scroobal :wink:

hahahhah, yes when i used spell check on Wong Kan Seng, it came up as Wrong Cunt Stink.

All scroobal does is pick on this and pick on that. the moron does not understand the bigger picture is that the first wife died, and her death was the sole factor that we have Whore Jinx and the horrors that followed. Who gives a shit how she died? I don't.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

more than a few acted on the news - Temasek and Osim Ron Sim are investors in Jumbo .

That is not really the moral of the story. the moral of the story is not that stomachsick made some money, but how many Lees/Kwas etc also made money? How many managed to get subscriptions to the stock at IPO. Ron Sim as an individual took some shares, but anyone else related to the Lees do the same too? Or will it ever be revealed?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
肥水不流外人田

This changes nothing, they are still sucking all the wealth every fucking second

Sucking the wealth from the pockets of the citizen into their own is one thing. But the idiot Whore Jinx somehow allows angmo companies to suck the wealth too when she loses money to them. how stupid is that?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
the moron does not understand the bigger picture is that the first wife died, and her death was the sole factor that we have Whore Jinx and the horrors that followed. Who gives a shit how she died? I don't.

Please refrain from launching personal attacks, not just on scroobal but on every forum member here. Their views and posts contribute to the success of sammyboy.com. Thank you.

Your latest attack may not be directed at the REAL scroobal. The real one had stopped posting on this forum about two years ago.

You must appreciate the intelligence of the person who is now posting as scroobal. He almost had me fooled until as days go by, subtle slip-ups became more and more evident. (I've to be honest here: I do enjoy reading the posts written by the person now impersonating as scroobal. I'm enjoying the charade while it lasts. :smile:)

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sucking the wealth from the pockets of the citizen into their own is one thing. But the idiot Whore Jinx somehow allows angmo companies to suck the wealth too when she loses money to them. how stupid is that?

As I've stated in other posts, Buy-High-Sell-Low could never have continued in her current position without the order and support of Old Fart.

Old Fart got his cronies to promise that they'd support Ho Jinx as long as Lee Dynasty is in power.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Olam International closed just now at S$1.82 . still above S$1.55

What is 'Front Running'

Front running is the unethical practice of a broker trading an equity in his personal account based on advanced knowledge of pending orders from the brokerage firm or from clients, allowing him to profit from the knowledge. It can also occur when a broker buys shares in his personal account ahead of a strong buy recommendation that the brokerage firm is going to make to its clients.

BREAKING DOWN 'Front Running'

In the context of stock trading, front running is the practice of stepping in front of orders placed or about to be placed by others to gain a price advantage. For example, a broker receives an order from a client to buy 500,000 shares of XYZ Company. He holds it until he executes the purchase of a smaller order of the same stock in his own account. He then executes the client’s larger order, which drives up the share price. The broker can then sell his share, making a profit at the direct expense of the client. That form of front running is not only unethical, it is illegal.

I know what front running is. In this case, there is no need to do front running on any stocks that Temasek buy. They would have advance knowledge weeks or even months ahead that temasek was secretly interested in this company. Buying shares in it over that period of time will also make them even more money from front running. Still illegal and unethical and it is called insider trading.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
As I've stated in other posts, Buy-High-Sell-Low could never have continued in her current position without the order and support of Old Fart.

Old Fart got his cronies to promise that they'd support Ho Jinx as long as Lee Dynasty is in power.

Yes. As I have mentioned in the first thread, senior was looking for a successor to wayward Hsien Yang, and junior was looking for a successor to first wife Wong, and both of them found the same 'Ho. father and son like to cheong together.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

QUOTE]

That is not really the moral of the story. the moral of the story is not that stomachsick made some money, but how many Lees/Kwas etc also made money? How many managed to get subscriptions to the stock at IPO. ? Ron Sim as an individual took some shares, but anyone else related to the Lees do the same too? Or will it ever be revealed?

Thank you Sir .

they should rename IPO - Initial Public Offering to Initial "Private Offering".

of the 88 million share on offer - only 2 millions gone to the Public.

Ron and TLC maken a total of 72 millions shares.

Jumbo launches $40m IPO

ST_20151029_WHJUMBO29_1797258.jpg

Jumbo chief executive Ang Kiam Meng says its growth in China has translated to a 93.8 per cent rise in revenue.PHOTO: JUMBO GROUP

PUBLISHEDOCT 29, 2015, 5:00 AM SGT
FACEBOOK5TWITTEREMAIL

Funds for opening of at least 4 new outlets, with focus on China

Wong Wei Han

The Jumbo Group restaurant chain launched its initial public offering (IPO) yesterday as it bids to raise about $40 million to expand in Shanghai and lift productivity here.

There are 88,233,000 shares in the IPO priced at 25 cents apiece - two million for the public tranche and the rest as placement shares.

A further 72,100,000 shares have been subscribed at the same price by two cornerstone investors - Osim chief executive Ron Sim and Orchid 1 Investments, a unit controlled by Temasek Holdings unit Heliconia Capital.

The IPO, which aims to raise $40.08 million, closes at noon on Nov 5, with trading of Jumbo's shares expected to commence on the Catalist board at 9am on Nov 9.

The firm, best known for its Jumbo Seafood restaurants, also operates the brands Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh, J Café, Chui Huay Lim Teochew Cuisine and JPOT.

It has 14 outlets here and two in Shanghai across the five brands.

Jumbo intends to use the IPO funds to open at least four new outlets over the next 24 months, with a focus on China, said chief executive Ang Kiam Meng yesterday.

The plan is already in motion, with Shanghai due to get its third Jumbo outlet in January.

"Our growth in China has translated to a 93.8 per cent rise in the country's revenue from $2.4 million in the first half of 2014 to $4.6 million in the first half this year," he said, adding that spending per head in China is at around $70 compared with Singapore's $60.

Jumbo Seafood sells about 1.4 tonnes of crab a day at its restaurants here.

The strong performance of its domestic and overseas franchises has led to a compound annual growth rate of 34.2 per cent between 2012 and 2014. Net profit for the first half this year was $7 million.

Jumbo's outlet expansion here will be more selective given the saturated market, but it intends to invest in its back-end facilities.

"We are planning to acquire new premises, equipment and machinery for our corporate headquarters, central kitchen and R&D kitchen," Mr Ang said.

Jumbo's 10,000 sq ft central kitchen in Kaki Bukit prepares the sauce for its popular crab dishes. The facility is one of Jumbo's competitive strengths and helps the company achieve greater cost and manpower efficiency, Mr Ang said.

Meanwhile, Jumbo is not worried that the economic slowdown and anti-corruption policies in China will rock its business. The impact has already been felt by luxury brands and gaming businesses in the region.

Mr Ang said: "We continue to position ourselves as a mass-market brand that targets the middle-class consumers. Our market share should remain stable despite the economic downturn and the cut in luxury spending."

Jumbo's directors intend to recommend annual dividends of no less than 30 per cent of the net profits for the financial years ending on Sept 30 in 2016 and 2017.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Please refrain from launching personal attacks, not just on scroobal but on every forum member here. Their views and posts contribute to the success of sammyboy.com. Thank you.

Your latest attack may not be directed at the REAL scroobal. The real one had stopped posting on this forum about two years ago.

You must appreciate the intelligence of the person who is now posting as scroobal. He almost had me fooled until as days go by, subtle slip-ups became more and more evident. (I've to be honest here: I do enjoy reading the posts written by the person now impersonating as scroobal. I'm enjoying the charade while it lasts. :smile:)

That is why I don't respect this scroobal or whatever version he is.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thank you Sir .

they should rename IPO - Initial Public Offering to Initial "Private Offering".

of the 88 million share on offer - only 2 millions gone to the Public.

Ron and TLC maken a total of 72 millions shares.

Thank u for bringing up this post. And yes, 88 million shares available. 72 million went to just 2 subscribers Temasek and Ron sim. And 2 million to the public. What happened to the other 14 million shares? Any Lees and Kwas took them?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You think she stewpig?
How much kickbacks , commission, undertable she got you know meh?
She's probably the smartest.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sidetrack abit....
Can someone tell me Sg jumbo relationship with hk jumbo.....
I refuse the no connection story.....the name logo all same same they keep harping no connection

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Jumbo sued the HK side for coping their logos and style some years back. No idea what happened. No connection at all.

Sidetrack abit....
Can someone tell me Sg jumbo relationship with hk jumbo.....
I refuse the no connection story.....the name logo all same same they keep harping no connection

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You think she stewpig?
How much kickbacks , commission, undertable she got you know meh?
She's probably the smartest.....

I never said she is stupid, she is a calculative, manipulative, and vindictive piece of dogshit. And yes, she has kickbacks coming out of the ying yang.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would temashit a hundred billion dollar fund be interested in some puny 80 million dollar seafood restaurant?sounds like another case of crony investment to me.ask ah ma jinx to use taxpayers monies to open seafood restaurant in china.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow the butterfly effect so powerful ah?would somebody do us a favour and assasinate arse loong before the country has to endure another 50 years of the Lee Dynasty?