• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Death of a Wife and the profound impact on Modern S’pore history

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You only eat the sauce, not the crabs? :confused:

That is what the 70% is doing....the were promised ' chili craps'.....but, when the day of the 'feast' came, they came up all sort of excuses on why the 'craps' could not be cooked....citing, bad for health etc... BUT, BUT, they said, they COULD HAVE THE MICHELIN 5 STAR SAUCE...

& the 70% is till sucking out of that 'sauce bottle'...& in their minds...they are 'feasting on chili craps'....substitute 'craps' with "C"...or anything the PAP promised them...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
You only eat the sauce, not the crabs? :confused:

I eat only the sauce - pepper / chilli crabs , will my own bread along :smile:

120px-Baguettes_-_stonesoup.jpg

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lack of accountability-that's the cause of all these.

Had locals the guts to vote in a strong opposition and deny them the 2/3 majority seats together with below 60% votes, things would be very different today.
With a slim winning margin, would they push through bills that prevent withdrawal of all CPF at 55?, give ministers highest salaries in the world, flood the place with low quality immigrants ect2.
Had there been a strong opposition effective in keeping track and probing these billion $ losses-can they get away by simply saying its long term investment?
Just a few % swing in votes to lose power is the most effective way to keep them in check.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Lack of accountability-that's the cause of all these.

Had locals the guts to vote in a strong opposition and deny them the 2/3 majority seats together with below 60% votes, things would be very different today.
With a slim winning margin, would they push through bills that prevent withdrawal of all CPF at 55?, give ministers highest salaries in the world, flood the place with low quality immigrants ect2.
Had there been a strong opposition effective in keeping track and probing these billion $ losses-can they get away by simply saying its long term investment?
Just a few % swing in votes to lose power is the most effective way to keep them in check.

Yup, 100% agree. If the vote was very close, say plu or minus 5%, the PAP will always do everything with an eye on the nect elections.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The other potential profound impact on Singapore from the death of Wong MY is the succession planning for Familee.

Consider the following scenario:

We know that Wong MY's first 2 kids have zero chance of becoming a future PM of Singapore. One is an autistic Albino and the other is female. Not likely for sinkies to elect a female PM after 5 decades of strong male dominated politics. Of course, WMY might have had a couple more children if she had not passed away, and its possible that if this were to happen, one of the other children might have become PeeM. She was only 31yr old when she passed, so this is always possible. But consider that there is usually a drive from one of the parents to make this move. One of the parents has to have the ambition to do this. The Lee family history usually puts the eldest into this position first, in this case LHL was the one, with his mother Kwa GC being the driving force. His father Old man had already admitted that he did not push LHL into politics, he wanted it himself. I believe that this is a half truth. He did not push his son, but his wife did.

If you apply this to the second generation, then the Oldest son of LHL, the albino, is a no go for sure. I am not sure that a 3rd or 4th son from WMY would be groomed for the next PeeM and successor to the father. The reason is that WMY herself is not power hungry or ambitious and frankly, i don't think that LHL would have done the pressuring of the son to follow in his foot steps either. the chances of the Lee dynasty perpetuating with the offsrpings of WMY is therefore not that high in my opinion.

But lets look at what is happening to Ho Ching's kids. Hongyi has all the hallmarks of being groomed for a future leadership posiiton. Haoyi is happily spending his time in Massachussetts with trips to San Fran and hanging out with his fiancee Mao Ting. Mommy's attempts to talk him into returning to singapore during her 2015 sabbatical from temasek were fruitless. SHe flew all the way there and lets say he did not come back with her. So, he is out of the picture. But Ho has much greater ambition then WMY, and I believe that all her efforts are concentrated on her oldest son.

Hongyi has a double major in Business and in Computer science and works at IDA right now. there is no better way to learn surveillance of your enemies then working for IDA, a known buyer of spyware from hacking companies, used to spy on sinkies. We will see what happens in the future with this chap. because he did not get a SAF scholarship, he is not obligated to go through the scholar general ranks like his father. He can therefore be easily parachuted into politics through the back door as a member of a GRC. We shall see what will happen. Remember that the whole feud with Aunty Lee Wei Ling was partly based on this premise that, Hongyi will be the successor to PeeM one day. these are LWL's words.

abused his “power to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Lee Kuan Yew’s passing in order to establish a dynasty”

Therefore, I am saying that it is quite likely that if WMY had not passed away, the odds of one of her children, either current or future, being the next member of the ruling the dynasty is not that great. However, the story is different for Ho. Her ambition is to see one of her children in the govt and be next Lee to lead singapore. You better believe that She is working to put this into place and she might suceed despite her SIL alerting the whole country to this. The odds of her kids going into politics is much higher then the kids of WMY if WMY had been alive. If Ho succeeds, this act of putting her son on the throne would be the most profound of all impacts, more even then the billions of $ she has lost to date.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You prefer eating the sauce with baguette and not mantou? :confused:

simi si baguette? chiam tau loti lah. I have to bring my own loaf to the restaurant. hehehehe. Next time you eat chilli crab and you see a lau chiau next table whip out a chiam tau loti and ask the waitress to bring to kitchen to cut up for him, you just come over and say Hi Papsmearer. Its about sauce absorption. Loti is more porous and softer in the middle and can soak up more sauce then the mantou. Mantou eaten by itself is tastier then loti, which is plain. But when eating it with chilli crab, you will see no difference as the crab sauce is so strong and over power the taste of the mantou. The sauce is the main draw of chilli crab. Therefore, you need a blank canvass like a plain tasting loti to enable yourself to the get the maximum flavour. Frankly, I think anyone that eats it with a mantou is a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
simi si baguette? chiam tau loti lah. I have to bring my own loaf to the restaurant. hehehehe. Next time you eat chilli crab and you see a lau chiau next table whip out a chiam tau loti and ask the waitress to bring to kitchen to cut up for him, you just come over and say Hi Papsmearer. Its about sauce absorption. Loti is more porous and softer in the middle and can soak up more sauce then the mantou. Mantou eaten by itself is tastier then loti, which is plain. But when eating it with chilli crab, you will see no difference as the crab sauce is so strong and over power the taste of the mantou. The sauce is the main draw of chilli crab. Therefore, you need a blank canvass like a plain tasting loti to enable yourself to the get the maximum flavour. Frankly, I think anyone that eats it with a mantou is a fucking idiot.

Ok, next time I eat chilli crab, I'll bring along a loaf of multigrain bread and tarpow the mantou. :biggrin:

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Title was dead wife and now it is about chilli crabs haha anyway I prefer salted eggs crabs:o