• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS cash deposit machine eat my money

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
why would i do that?

If the machine is not up to its efficient level, it means the bank is not working well enough. I ask a few of my friends , some of them have this encounter before. It means it is not an infrequent occurrence.

I was worried that my cash is gone just like that. I am not a rich person and that is my income.

It makes the whole encounter seems like the bank is the thief.

I seriously doubt the machine will eat the money, you got count b4 u put in? Becoz the way i see the machine work. It will count the money before giving u the amount. it will only 'eat' the money after you press ok, but not b4 counting again. So pretty foolproof to me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seriously doubt the machine will eat the money, you got count b4 u put in? Becoz the way i see the machine work. It will count the money before giving u the amount. it will only 'eat' the money after you press ok, but not b4 counting again. So pretty foolproof to me.

You are right on this, it will count, then display the number of notes & total the amount, your name & account number before you press ok, so if you think that is not the right amount, use the camera on your phone take a pic, take pic of the location..get ah neh to stand beside the ATM & smile..ok that is sidetracking ha ha ha, then press NO...& get your money...if it is more than the amount on screen...call "ghost busters"..ahh! use the hotline where the ATM's are call them or if the branch is open notify....every ATM have a camera..you can view it...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do not have patience with a bank who do their maintenance work poorly on their machine.

i will change bank. What do you think of Ocbc and uob?

Had an OCBC account because I had a mortgage with them. Actually it was with Tat Lee bank before OCBC took over Tat Lee. Not too happy dealing with OCBC they regularly adjusted the rates on my mortgage upwards. Be very careful when dealing with them if you are going to borrow from them.

My needs today are simpler just need a bank to process wired funds. Citi is good in that.

Zohan

Alfrescian
Loyal

seriously, i think you do not understand what i am talking about.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..get ah neh to stand beside the ATM & smile..ok that is sidetracking ha ha ha, then press NO...& get your money...

Your sidetracking actually matters a lot. By asking a ah neh to stand beside , the $ could end up with "Now you see it now you don't"..some ah neh and babu are trained to perform magic, I kena b4 scary sia.

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, i think you do not understand what i am talking about.

Fine, I'll clarify. When you deposit the money, it will count once, before showing you the amount they've counted on the screen. The money is not accepted straight away, it is stored in the counting compartment which is separate from the rest of the money in the machine. So my point is, if you claim the counting is wrong, and the rest of your money is still in the counting compartment, where the rest of your money disappear to? So as I said, you got count your money right before you put it in?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fine, I'll clarify. When you deposit the money, it will count once, before showing you the amount they've counted on the screen. The money is not accepted straight away, it is stored in the counting compartment which is separate from the rest of the money in the machine. So my point is, if you claim the counting is wrong, and the rest of your money is still in the counting compartment, where the rest of your money disappear to? So as I said, you got count your money right before you put it in?

Then maybe an ah neh hide inside the compartment liao :smile:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah that charcoal black cina babi run bank boh lui leow meh. Top management better take a pay lah. :rolleyes:

ACCORDING to retiree A. P. Chong, he fed $2,800 in notes into a bank cash-deposit machine in Upper Cross Street only to find, to his horror, that the system had acknowledged a deposit of only $2,000.

After an investigation, DBS Bank maintained that that is all the 65-year-old fed in.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why is it not possible for the machine to count erroneously? There could be malfunction of some sort and some bills got stuck inside. Then when you see the counting is incorrect, you asked for the money to be returned, one or more of the bills have already been 'gobbled' up by the machine.
The safeguard for you is to take a picture of each bill that you are going to be deposit. When there is a discrepancy during deposit, you have the pics to back you up. Given the hassle of doing that, why bother to deposit cash in ATM?

Zohan

Alfrescian
Loyal

of course i counted before, if not i will not make a fuss out of it.

You seems to think that by having technical logic, the machine will not go wrong. sad to say, it does not work this way.

And if the bank thinks like that, i will move on to another bank. That is what i am sure to do.

Zohan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it not possible for the machine to count erroneously? There could be malfunction of some sort and some bills got stuck inside. Then when you see the counting is incorrect, you asked for the money to be returned, one or more of the bills have already been 'gobbled' up by the machine.
The safeguard for you is to take a picture of each bill that you are going to be deposit. When there is a discrepancy during deposit, you have the pics to back you up. Given the hassle of doing that, why bother to deposit cash in ATM?

Exactly.. and yet the staffs told me that the ledger is actually balance.

I suspect that my $200 is being credited to the next person who had deposited in that same machine and he keep mum about it when he sees more money on the screen. Anyway. that is just my guess.

The bank had credited the amount to me already and they told me that it is a ONE TIME wavier out of goodwill.

Well, that ONE TIME wavier means if it happens again , like i deposit $1000 and the screen appeared $100, then no more good will.

If that is the way things goes and even ledger is balance if i lose money.

Then i am also a ONE TIME customer and this thing will not happen again in future as i will move to another bank.

DBS can go and :kma: :oIo:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suspect that my $200 is being credited to the next person who had deposited in that same machine and he keep mum about it when he sees more money on the screen. Anyway. that is just my guess.

The bank had credited the amount to me already and they told me that it is a ONE TIME wavier out of goodwill.

Well, that ONE TIME wavier means if it happens again , like i deposit $1000 and the screen appeared $100, then no more good will.

Then i am also a ONE TIME customer and this thing will not happen again in future as i will move to another bank.

Wow so my initial comment was right ...each person can do this once a lifetime . Soon there will be more Zohan reporting same incident.

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course i counted before, if not i will not make a fuss out of it.

You seems to think that by having technical logic, the machine will not go wrong. sad to say, it does not work this way.

And if the bank thinks like that, i will move on to another bank. That is what i am sure to do.

The chances of the machine fucking up is remote. This is not a common occurrence. The examples you gave are those of the deposit or bank transfer is being rejected, yet the money is kept by the machine. Only you and the old man have similar stories and old people have a tendency to misplace money, forget they have an account, think the bank cheat their money. That said, what I was saying is did you count right before you deposit, two hours before or the night before? I realise many (incl. me) have the tendency to just transfer the money in your hand without counting. Not many people choose to count their money right before they deposit it. Could you have placed it in your wallet? Or left it at home? Maybe even buy something along the way. I'm not saying the machine will never be wrong, but the mechanism of the DBS/POSB deposit machine seems pretty fool proof to me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is best that you try smaller amounts to test the machine...have you ever noticed some of these 'kiasu' aunties using the CDM? you should learn from them, say they depo $1,000, they put in $200 first....then the screen say 4 x $50=$200, they press more & continue that 5 times..maybe you should try this...

The bank in which you mention CDM is sometimes wonky....use with caution..one OCBC CDM near me is weird too...some crispy new notes it will reject..anyway if you depositing large sum..that is more than 1000, best you split them... put some in, let the machine count, then press MORE...any error occurs take photo..

You never pay attention to what is written on top of the cash deposit machines?? NCR.. that warn you that the machine is Not Completely Reliable..if it is IBM, it is Idiotic Blue Machine..you never read the warning signs...

Last edited:

Zohan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is best that you try smaller amounts to test the machine...have you ever noticed some of these 'kiasu' aunties using the CDM? you should learn from them, say they depo $1,000, they put in $200 first....then the screen say 4 x $50=$200, they press more & continue that 5 times..maybe you should try this...

The bank in which you mention CDM is sometimes wonky....use with caution..one OCBC CDM near me is weird too...some crispy new notes it will reject..anyway if you depositing large sum..that is more than 1000, best you split them... put some in, let the machine count, then press MORE...any error occurs take photo..

You never pay attention to what is written on top of the cash deposit machines?? NCR.. that warn you that the machine is Not Completely Reliable..if it is IBM, it is Idiotic Blue Machine..you never read the warning signs...

Thank for the tip.. i will try that but i will close all my account with DBS..

Zohan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chances of the machine fucking up is remote. This is not a common occurrence. The examples you gave are those of the deposit or bank transfer is being rejected, yet the money is kept by the machine. Only you and the old man have similar stories and old people have a tendency to misplace money, forget they have an account, think the bank cheat their money. That said, what I was saying is did you count right before you deposit, two hours before or the night before? I realise many (incl. me) have the tendency to just transfer the money in your hand without counting. Not many people choose to count their money right before they deposit it. Could you have placed it in your wallet? Or left it at home? Maybe even buy something along the way. I'm not saying the machine will never be wrong, but the mechanism of the DBS/POSB deposit machine seems pretty fool proof to me.

I already told you that i have counted the cash and you keep on insisting that you are right in your logic.

Please..listen here.. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

i have counted the cash and i know how much it is. get it?

you are a piece of shit!!!

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an unfortunate incident which the DBS deposit machine eat my money.

I deposited 14 pieces of $50 notes and 2 pieces of $10 notes which comes up about $720

I put my money in the slot and the machine start to count the money.. Knn it counted $520

I cancel the transaction and count the money. holy shit!! it is really $520 and where is the $200??

when this happens...and the mystery cannot be solved,we have to work backward.
try to recall how you get hold of 14 pieces of $50 notes and 2 pieces of $10.
recall which place you went,what you do.
once you recall this 2 steps, you lightly to get a better picture

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But technology does fail. The bank should accept that principle and give the benefit of doubt to customers who use its technology. Otherwise customers should avoid depositing cash.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
But technology does fail. The bank should accept that principle and give the benefit of doubt to customers who use its technology. Otherwise customers should avoid depositing cash.

but at the end of day, the total deposits statement should match up no more no less.
if more...obviously it belong to someone.
if less..the bank kpkb