• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dandy / Beano

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are right...I moved on from Beano to 2000AD. I think it was actually a Rogue Trooper cover that got my attention. All the characters from the early 80's were great......Rogue, Dredd, Robo Hunter, Stontium Dog, Slaine, Nemesis, ABC Warriors, Halo Jones. Loved them all. best of all, I have my whole collection this time and did not give away like I did with my Beanoes.....

yeah ... besides the regular characters, they had many remarkable stories featuring non-recurring heroes. I still remember reading the ones about futuristic eating contest, an illegal skate competition, and an interplanetary prison break. Solid solid stuff!!!

So there are many comic fanatics here...

Any chance you've also into this indie comic called Heavy Metal? One of the best mature themed and intelligent reading material I ever had as a teenager.

hm1981-09cover.jpg

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes i do have still i think....ius this the ones with the 'abraxas and the whale 'stories?

yeah ... besides the regular characters, they had many remarkable stories featuring non-recurring heroes. I still remember reading the ones about futuristic eating contest, an illegal skate competition, and an interplanetary prison break. Solid solid stuff!!!

Any chance you've also into this indie comic called Heavy Metal? One of the best mature themed and intelligent reading material I ever had as a teenager.

hm1981-09cover.jpg

sfugel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah koon is where I get the 2nd hand copies,and also to trade in my comics....2 for 1. Loved the wanta mee next to the book shop(along the back alley).

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Back in those early days the Brit influence in Spore was still strong. The Strait Times had Brit cartoons like the Gambols & Andy Capp. The newstands carried Brit comics like Smash & Tiger.

Andy Capp is still around, but no more domestic violence depicted.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Andy Capp is still around, but no more domestic violence depicted.

For me Andy Capp was the personification of the working class Brit: on the dole, drinker & wife beater:p
With the women's right movement I'm not surprised that the Andy has gone politically correct to stay relevant :smile:

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal

hm1981-09cover.jpg

I'm glad I started this thread....good to see that there are many british comics readers here....I always thought I was alone

Looking forward to the Dredd movie later this year

Heavy Metal? yeah...saw them on the shelves but didn't get round to buying them

Last edited: