• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Curry puff

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best one really tok gong one i know is inside ang mo kio coffee shop, at central. Its near the biggest S11, around Jubilee area. its at the extreme right hand side of the coffeeshop

It's called Tip Top curry puff. Your dad me and uncle GMS sometimes have afternoon teatime there.

JXL mother's curry puff was all time best. But too bad, no longer available. She retired.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best ever nasi lemak and mee goreng i ever had also cooked by Chinese...........the Malays and Indians don't even come remotely close.

Agree... The best mee goreng that I ever had was at this old coffeshop in front of Geylang Lor 24 besides the main road.... The stall not stingy with their prawns that they added to the mee goreng, and the prawns quite big and juicy.. I only know of the stall this year when I was around the area.. For good curry puffs, I used to go to this coffeshop at Chong Pang, but I don't know if the stall still around now..

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
One at Kampong Glam, old malay coffeshop near the gift shop at the T-junction. Good teh talik too.

Another at East Coast Park hawker Center, near the satay mee hoon stall. That stall just sell curry puff only.

Can anyone offer me info on where to get the best curry puff in Singapore ?

I am prepared to drive all over the island for the best curry puff. Thanks.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One at Kampong Glam, old malay coffeshop near the gift shop at the T-junction. Good teh talik too.

Another at East Coast Park hawker Center, near the satay mee hoon stall. That stall just sell curry puff only.
Malay Curry puff..... cannot lah that 1....

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can try my friend's mother Curry puff,*Triangle Type/Indian Style... Considered to be one of the best on the island..She does wholesale but has a tiny counter for walk-in..

Its at Geylang serai opposite the Mosque.

Last edited:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone offer me info on where to get the best ice kajang in Singapore ?

I am prepared to run all over the island for the best ice kajang. Thanks.

:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dislike Old Chang kee
You can try one at Kallang Airport HC
besides the long q 'lao ban' bean curd or
one at Marined Parade HC, right at the corner,
this stall, i also buy his curry powder.
Waiting for your report.

Old airport HC one stall call Wang Wang...famous for black pepper flavor.
Amk tip top also good.
Agree OCK is crap.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ice kajang sucks. Too sweet and too stupid the way its serve. So stupid one whole hill of ice on a little plate. How to eat properly? Sure spill over or melt over. Its just about sweet syrup anyway. Nothing great or healthy.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If there is one reason as to why Chinese made curry puff is nicer than Malay ones, I would say that the chicken meat commonly seen in Chinese made curry puff makes the difference.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ice kajang sucks. Too sweet and too stupid

ice+kajang2.jpg

nice what!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
ice+kajang2.jpg

Like that I still OK. I really hate stupid ice kajang on stupid small coffee plate.Fucking stupid idea. How to eat properly?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Fat gal at my office earlier bought me some Malay Curry puffs near Boon Lay interchange while on her way to work... The taste not bad... Maybe tommorow I'll ask her to buy for me nasi lemak..