• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ and wife opening cafe at rochester mall.....

jw5

Loyal
Join Mervyn and CSJ live!

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全 was live.​

Yesterday at 05:50 ·
WE ARE LIVE NOW! Join Mervyn as he features the delicious food at Orange & Teal and of course, have a fun chit chat session with Dr Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全
Orange & Teal is a new homely cafe tucked away in Rochester Mall. Not only do they boast delicious meals such as their Creamy Butter Tuscan Salmon and their Texas Oven Baked Beef Brisket, they also have a cozy library that you can browse to your heart's content.
1f4cd.png
Orange & Teal: 35 Rochester Dr, #02-12 Rochester Mall, Singapore 138639

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites cardboard collectors and elderly poor to his cafe.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

10 hrs ·
This National Day we’re going to open up Orange & Teal to cardboard collectors and our elderly poor.
Rather than indulge in self-glorifying parades and making grandiloquent rally speeches, society should commemorate our independence by lifting up the poorest among us.
For years, I’ve spoken up against a system that continues to pay scant attention to our weak and vulnerable. Well, now I have an opportunity to do something about it, albeit in a small way. I’m inviting them for lunch at our café.
If you know of any of these folks, please drop us a line at [email protected] for more information and to make arrangements to bring them over.
Many of you have indicated that you would like to donate funds for such an event. Thank you for your generosity but Orange & Teal will sponsor the occasion. You can support this initiative by coming down to Rochester Mall and have that duck confit or ondeh ondeh cake over a nice hot cuppa.
We established a place to have the richest and the poorest among us dine in style and comfort – and have that great conversation. Won’t you come over?

1628859503925.png

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thursday is beef brisket day at Orange Teal.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

11 hrs ·
Orange & Teal was established so that folks could come and take in the ambience and enjoy the place. The current no-dining-in restriction has removed the essence of the cafe. But no worries, we're gearing up for your coming back when we re-open. In the meantime, it's Thursday and so it's Brisket Day! Come on down and get your beef fix.
https://orangeandteal.sg/

View attachment 119014
good stuff
make it available daily lah

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

Chee Soon Juan opens his café to cardboard collectors and poor elderly​

Singapore — Chee Soon Juan invited two marginalised groups of people in Singapore to dine at his café; cardboard collectors and poor elderly people.

1629038302376.png

In a Facebook post on Friday (Aug 13), Dr Chee wrote: “Rather than indulge in self-glorifying parades and making grandiloquent rally speeches, society should commemorate our independence by lifting up the poorest among us”.

He noted that for years he had always spoken against a system that did not pay much attention to the weak and vulnerable.

“Well, now I have an opportunity to do something about it, albeit in a small way. I’m inviting them for lunch at our café”, he wrote. The Secretary-General of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) Dr Chee called for anyone who knew cardboard collectors or poor elderly people to make arrangements to bring them over to the café.

Dr Chee also said that while many people have indicated that they would like to donate funds for such an event, “Orange & Teal will sponsor the occasion”.

“We established a place to have the richest and the poorest among us dine in style and comfort – and have that great conversation. Won’t you come over?” Dr Chee wrote.

Last month, a kind Samaritan looking to pay it forward ordered food at Dr Chee Soon Juan’s café and asked that it be given to cleaners.

In a Facebook post on Tuesday (Jul 27), Dr Chee wrote that the woman, Ning, called Orange & Teal and paid S$150 for meals.

He added that she asked that the meals be distributed to the cleaning staff.
“That was her way of paying-it-forward. She explained that this would help F&B outlets at this time while also providing a nice lunch for our low-wage workers”, Dr Chee wrote.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you to his cafe this weekend.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

11 hrs ·
Good morning, folks, it’s the weekend again – time to take it easy and enjoy the company of our family and friends.
We’ve had quite a bit of this at Orange & Teal as our guests come for a meal (we’ve recently added duck confit, truffle linguine and pizza to our menu), pick up a book to read or even indulge in a game of chess.
And mums and dads can have a peaceful meal as their little ones doodle with crayons and colour pencils. This little tyke (photo) stole my heart as she studiously created her masterpiece. I got her a bit of ice-cream – sat beside her holding the cup without saying a word and pretended not to notice her. She gingerly peered into the cup and asked who the ice-cream was for. I said that it was for someone sitting beside me who was drawing a very nice picture. You should have seen her eyes light up and the smile that broke out as she said the sweetest “Thank you.”
In the evenings, diners come with friends for a night out and just – in the lingo of millennials – 'chill' over wine, beer or smoothies.
All this at the place where the conversation’s even better. So come on over this weekend, we’ll keep the food and drinks flowing.

1629466159027.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ serves lunch to VIPs.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

3 hrs ·
Just got done serving lunch to our VIPs this afternoon. They were our cardboard collectors who came as guests at Orange & Teal. On the menu: Poulet Roti and pizza with ice lemon tea and chiffon cake for dessert.
I hope that it was a welcome change for our guests as they dined in comfort, away from the sun on their backs and rain on the heads.
This National Day – and hopefully many more to come – we elevate the vulnerable among us and provide them what many of us enjoy as a matter-of-course. This is what being a people is all about – having each other’s back and looking out for one another.
Left them with a parting gift of ang pows and packets of takeaway of bismati rice, chicken and prawns. In return, they left me a lifetime of memories and an experience I will not soon forget.
Thank you, aunties and uncles, it was an honour having you over. A shout out to the volunteers and my party mates for their help.
Tomorrow we re-open (we’re closed on Mondays) and I look forward to serving all of you too.

1629723957856.png

jw5

Loyal
May be an image of 5 people, people sitting, food and indoor

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全​

4 hrs ·

Up close and personal. Alfred Tan getting to know our guests.

jw5

Loyal
May be an image of 2 people, people sitting and indoor

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全​

4 hrs ·

Poulet Roti being served by Matthew Tan.

jw5

Loyal
May be an image of 2 people, people standing and indoor

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全​

4 hrs ·

Tan Jee Say handing out takeaway boxes for dinner.

jw5

Loyal
May be an image of 1 person, sitting and indoor

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全​

4 hrs ·

Chef John Tan taking a well-deserved break after slogging in the kitchen and cooking for everyone. Thanks, John!

jw5

Loyal
CSJ worries about climate change.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

5 hrs ·
The floods ruined homes, devastated businesses and disrupted the economy. One way or another, we’re all paying a price for it, figuratively and literally. And we’ll pay an even bigger price if we continue to ruin our environment.
We cleared Tengah Forest – an area larger that the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve – to build a new town. Not satisfied, we turned an adjacent plot into a town park. Then we “erroneously” razed an entire woodland the size of 10 football fields (for which the use is still unclear). We earmark Clementi forest for future development. Now, we cut down half of Dover forest to build more flats.
Unless you just dropped in from another planet, you would know that we live in perilous times as far as climate change is concerned. The signs and science are not subtle; they are screaming at us.
Yet, the PAP continues to clear nature like there was no tomorrow. At the rate it’s going, there might just be no tomorrow.
And despite our low birthrate (our TFR last year is the lowest in our history and one of the lowest in the world), the government continues to build more housing. No prizes for guessing why.
The question is: Is this a viable strategy for our future? Why is the PAP continuing to bring in foreigners at such a rate? More importantly, is there an alternative way of doing things? Do we need such a big population given the advancement of technology?
To answer these questions and examine an alternative vision for our nation, the SDP has drawn up a population policy and, relatedly, one on climate change.
We need a deeper and more urgent conversation about such a pressing matter.
By sheer coincidence, Orange & Teal lies along the route of the Green Corridor. I’ve had many of you do the trek or cycle along the belt and end up coming to the café for brunch or coffee. If you do take this route, come by. I’d like to talk with you about climate change and what we can do about it.
If nothing else, I want to do my part in leaving behind a habitable planet for my children – all our children.

1630070058687.png