• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ and wife opening cafe at rochester mall.....

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CSJ have a point paying workers better. Unfortunately many bosses don't think the same. Some even change company car every few years but when covid19 comes tell staffs cut salary

Meritocracy gives successful people the right to change their car yearly. If the serfs want to buy cars, they need to learn to work hard and stop being lazy.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ comments about bus accident at BB.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

14 hrs ·
Heard about the tragic news of the bus accident at the BB Bus Interchange just before closing the cafe this evening. Went down to the scene after closing, by which time things were calmer. The bus was a wreck. I wish all those injured a speedy recovery and look forward to the report about how the accident happened and what measures can be taken to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

1626069242476.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ has good news and bad news.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

3 hrs ·
A very wet but good morning, everyone. I have one of those good-news-bad-news moments for you.
First the good news. Many of you have been asking about the beef brisket that we served when the café first opened. Well, we’re putting it on the menu again just for this Thursday. (It takes hours to bake the beef to succulence and tenderness, and its hard to do this on a daily basis.)
We’re calling it Brisket Day and serving nothing but brisket (we’ll also serve Tuna Panini for those not so much into meat and, of course, our usual sides, desserts, coffee, etc). So, no Creamy Salmon or the famous Poulet Roti or Jambalaya – just brisket, brisket, and more brisket.
So come by on Thursday (15 June) and we’ll satisfy your beef craving (that is, until stocks run out for the day). Remember, lunch is 11:30am – 2pm and dinner is 6pm-9pm.
The not-so-good news. We’ve been looking for someone to help run the café. My children have been helping out (and doing an excellent job. I couldn't be prouder of them, the best thing that has ever happened to me is to work alongside them and see them grow). But they’re headed back to campus when the semester starts in Aug and cannot continue with the job, at least not on a fulltime basis.
I was scheduled to interview someone for the position but she bailed, citing her fear that she might become ‘marked’ for working at Orange & Teal. It’s sad that the climate of fear, although receding, is still there.
One of the reasons of starting this café is so that people can gather, regardless of political beliefs, and have discussions and debates without fear. I had one young man who came up to me and said he was a PAP member but wanted to come have a meal at the café. I told him that we didn’t have to agree on politics to be friends.
This café is for everyone, and I mean everyone.
Even in my darkest hours when I was sacked, sued and jailed, I never wished ill on my opponents, and in the depths of my struggle with Lee Kuan Yew, I never wished him ill.
Politics shouldn’t be about personal destruction, it must be about uplifting the nation.
But we can only do this if we, as a people, are unafraid of those who rule us. We can only do this if we remain the bigger person, proud and unbowed – and Never On Bended Knees.

1626153066544.png

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the norm thing and a trademark Singaporean is fear of changes and hopefully status quo.
Thats where we are today.
Sad but reality sheep
This wont change unless we have a good opposition leader to lift our spirit.
I mean good not those that just want to go through motion to file or talk in parliament.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I manage to go over for lunch and did not see Dr Chee there.
:cool:
But the meals was delicious and we wish his business flourish.

You should have gone to the kitchen to say hello to @JohnTan.

Any famous faces at the cafe?​

SDP chairman Paul Tambyah was there for lunch.

Former SDP election candidate John Tan, who ran in Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC in 2015, was in an apron in the kitchen.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Former SDP election candidate John Tan, who ran in Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC in 2015, was in an apron in the kitchen.
Bro. my clients and I rushing for time that day
So we did not check on others.
:cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My wife and I were there today. Oppie Chee apparently had some gimmick about brisket. I normally would not trust an oppie to handle my food, but I do like a good brisket.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ comments on PAP's incompetence in handling the pandemic.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

3 hrs ·
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The PAP’s incompetence and one-step-behind-the-curve reaction in the on-going pandemic is making life a misery for Singaporeans.
In the latest round of surge in infections, how on earth did KTVs – with all their attendant illicit services – mask themselves as legitimate F&B outlets? And apparently, it’s not just one or two rogue outlets but scores of them.
And when the no. of infections explode, the government reacts by placing onerous and, frankly, quite silly restrictions on legitimate eateries and restaurants.
The latest restrictions defy common sense. You can have up to 5 diners but… Parents can dine in with their children but… Diners must be fully vaccinated but…
Seriously?
Then they relax rules allowing up to 5 diners, then the no. of cases go up, then they say that they are unlike to revert to more stringent rules, then one week later, they do a U-turn and tighten the rules again. How do you run a business when the rules keep changing?
This is what happens when you have generals and scholars sitting in their air-conditioned offices and putting pen to paper with nary any experience on the ground, making rules on the fly.
At one point, they decreed that mum and dad with infant cannot sit together at one table because the limit is two and two only. We’ve had to seat such “groups” of three separately where mum and baby sat at one end of the café and dad at the other. At the end, of the meal they get up and go home together.
Make rules that make sense, is all people ask.
In the meantime, legitimate F&B outlets are reeling, real businesses are destroyed, real jobs are lost and real Singaporeans are hurting.
My friends, don’t let the silliness of our young ministers deter you from supporting our local restaurants. Now more than ever, they need your support. Follow the rules (bizarre as they are), but go out and have a meal.
Have a good week ahead, everyone.

1626760066670.png

jw5

Loyal
CSJ recommends dabao at his cafe including beef brisket on Friday.

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

10 hrs ·
After bouncing around, relaxing-then-tightening, opening-then-closing F&B outlets - all this within a month - the govt has now stopped dining-in for the next few weeks.
The decision-making process by these young ministers are lamentable. But that's a discussion for a future occasion.
For now, many outlets won't be able to take the withering measures. And it's not just owners. Employees, who also have bills to pay and mouths to feed, will be laid-off.
At Orange & Teal, we're barely a month old and we have to suspend operations. But we will not let any of our staff go. Like others, we'll pivot to offering takeaway food. We're open from today (11am to 8pm) for folks to come in and order lunch, dinner and everything in between for takeaway.
We'll serve our beef brisket on Friday (normally, Thursdays are brisket days, but with this sudden imposition of the no dining-in rule, we had to scramble to meet the changing circumstances, apologies for the inconvenience.)
So we're counting on you to help keep things going until we can open again in Aug. O&T was set up to have people dine in and experience the ambience. It's a blow now that you can't dine in.
But that's ok, we'll adapt and continue to grow even in the most challenging circumstances. Like the SDP, pah see buay zhao.
So please do your part to keep F&B joints across the island to stay afloat. Order in or buy takeaway. If we rally together in such trying times, we can help minimise pain for workers at F&B joints, especially the mom-and-pop stalls at hawker centres, Give them your support.
See you at Rochester Mall and look for the two colours that'll warm not just your stomachs but, hopefully, your hearts too.
Menu: https://orangeandteal.sg/
Address: 35 Rochester Dr, #02-12 Rochester Mall.
Tel: 6993 1006
(Photo by Hafiz)

1626957992908.png