• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: He Planned All These

Yes..that's why I explained it takes two hands to clap and for it to work in my previous post.

1. Prudence is the Singaporeans' hand

2. Overburdening Singaporeans is the pap's hand.

Singaporeans can be prudent and thrifty. But if pap overtaxes and oversqueezed, the average Singaporean will have to live from hand to mouth and yet notbe able to save for their old age.

Is this situation happening in SG?

What I am trying to say is ...we must be smart on knowing that the garment won't help us much. If elderly has no money for food, the garment at most give them coupons to exchange for hawker foods. We, as human beings, have to live with pride. Do you want our people to receive this kind of handout from garment ?

1. We can manage our own finances - for eg like applying new flats rather than buying resales flats and pay crazy COV with rocket high prices.

2. We cannot control if the garment want to raise taxes...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That why I said we must be prudent in our daily life... in addition I must say there are a lot of retiree got burnt in Lehmann Bro investment.

We need education to get the average Singaporeans to live wisely, prudently, spend well within their means and also some financial management of their lives.

We also need to have a caring govt which is not motivated primarily by money and greed but is willing to love and care for the people.

Tall order, but not impossible!!!

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those who invest in such products are not very prudent...Greed leads them to desire high returns at the expense of risk.
But these people are not the average Singaporean

How do you define average Singaporean in the first place :confused:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
It is NOT the government's job to look after the economically unproductive members of society. The government concentrates on the productive segment of the population and rightly so as it is this category of individuals who create wealth, add value and generate jobs for the rest of us.

If the govt does not look after the winners, they'll simply move out of the country and take their skills and their capital somewhere else where they are more welcome. If this happens, the economy will start spiraling downwards, jobs will be lost, property values will fall and the economy will nosedive. Once this chain of events is set off, everyone will be worse off the poor included. There'll also be a lot more poor to look after with less money available to do the job.

That is already happening whether the government is helping the poor or not.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

60.1% will disagree with you and they do not want a change.

Or I can say they still prefer what the garment is doing.

It doesnt matter..I am expressing my opinions and perspective. Others can decide what's best for them. But it will not deter me from speaking how I feel abt Singapore, Singaporeans and the pap

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Aren't you mocking yourself?Because why should pro PAP be any different? You still need to eat,sleep and shit like vocal govt critics as well.

I'm very happy with the govt. They're doing an excellent job and they're full of people a lot more capable than I am. I therefore have plenty of time on my hands. I leave it to my beloved PAP govt to do the hard yard.

Strange ,that you are blaming the very tool you design.You design your forum as a kopitiam.Where people gather to shoot their mouth with bloated ego while binging on beer.A lot of hot air that usually adds up to nothing.Your point system promotes such characterization ,a competition of sort who pisses furtherest.So monickers caricature themselves here accordingly. Hence issues gets dumped and personalities take prominence.I don't see such problems in TOC or the defunct TR.Nobody in the other forums gets noticed because they spin Istana stories or kills dogs for food.

This place is for light hearted blabber and a bit of fun. People who want to change the world and fight for the rights of the poor and the downtrodden should try doing something useful in the real world. This forum was never designed for this purpose. The problem is that it constantly gets hijacked by ill informed cyber warriors and I end up having to go to great lengths to get them to either lighten up or get lost.

It's the little drops that made the ocean.Just compare the political awareness of today with your soc.culture. days. It was a cosy arrangement among of a company of few keyboard warriors than.Today,what you say here,if it's valid enough for merit.Gets picked up and go viral.In minutes its tweeted across the globe.TOC does not have that much of audience either.But what they wrote soon got ministers on their feet,as in the case of racist Seng Han Tong.The point being there must be enough meat in what you propagate.

"Going viral" doesn't mean there's any merit in the content. I've seen the most inane crap "go viral". As for "political awareness" there is no need for it because the PAP does such a good job of looking after the country. All they need is the support of Singaporeans so they can concentrate on moving the country forward. The distortions and outright lies that get tweeted by twits contributes nothing to the country. All it does is waste everyone's time.

You are living in past ,dear Sam.The world had indeed changed.

I actually live in the future. I'm already planning the next reincarnation of sammyboy.com with a format that will encourage a more "alfresco cafe" ambiance. Hopefully, it will help those who have constant desire to get on their soap boxes to get off and enjoy life for a change. The PAP has built a beautiful and well run country for them. They should learn to appreciate it instead of constantly complaining.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

60.1% will disagree with you and they do not want a change.

The reason why they think pap is ok is maybe they do not know the truth abt the pap. So it is up to people who know the truth to educate these Singaporeans. The tide has changed and no one can stop this change

Dont worry, the end of the pap has begun

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
They deserve to get burnt. They thought they were smarter than the PAP govt. Greed got the better of them and they are now paying for their sins. They deserve it. I've always said that greed causes the downfall of many of the so called "disadvantaged" members of society. I see no reason why the govt should help these people. In fact, they shouldn't receive ANY help from anyone.

Let them stew in their own juices to teach them a lesson.

Many retirees voted for the PAP. You are right. They deserve it.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure whether it is a fact that many retirees voted for the pap. Even if they do, I dont blame them as they have a lot of goodwill for the early pap leaders...but the present pap leaders are a different breed from the early leaders who truly worked for SG. Even older pap leaders like TCB are against the present pap..

that speaks a lot of the present breed

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Many poor people voted for the PAP too with the hope that the govt would soften its approach towards freeloaders and lazy good-for-nothings.

Luckily the govt stood firm and refused to allow a welfare mentality to take root. The poor will soon realise that if they want to earn a living, they'll have to make it happen themselves. Come the next election, they will have learned to stand on their own two feet and will appreciate the stance the govt took.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

The reason why they think pap is ok is maybe they do not know the truth abt the pap. So it is up to people who know the truth to educate these Singaporeans. The tide has changed and no one can stop this change

Dont worry, the end of the pap has begun

I am not their supporter but what I want to say here is do not expect the garment to care for common Singaporeans.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not their supporter but what I want to say here is do not expect the garment to care for common Singaporeans.

The pap is not caring for the common people. But I do expect that the SG govt cares for Singaporeans.

Is my expectation wrong?

And as long as I sense that the pap is not caring for Singaporeans, I will be anti-pap

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very simple, bro. PAP is absolutely driven by greed now and nothing else. All attractions are run by government-linked companies. Their mission is to be absolutely revenue-oriented, to make as much as profits they can, they don't take on any social roles at all, yes, maybe the occasional charity events and so on, but that's all for show. What most people know is that these GLCs are out to show to shareholders as much as profits as possible. But what alot of people don't know is that LKY holds them accountable for their contributions to the reserves. To the Old Fart, every cent from the GLCs counts. So how on earth will they ever give a small discount to S'poreans. They will get a real hard screwing from the Old Fart if he finds out that they do such a thing. S'poreans are never in their minds, only profits and more profits. Even absolutely essential public goods such as transport and electricity are managed by GLCs who are all out to make super-profits, so what's more those who manage leisure services.

It's political expediency for the pap to harp that we need to save for a rainy day and continue to squeeze the present generation of Singaporeans of every cent

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

The pap is not caring for the common people. But I do expect that the SG govt cares for Singaporeans.

Is my expectation wrong?

And as long as I sense that the pap is not caring for Singaporeans, I will be anti-pap

They (garment & its people) will not change for you or change because of you.

Why are you not a pap supporter? Have they not met your expectation as a good govt?

Because I disagree the way they treated the SG employee.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Am I missing something?...if people cannot expect their government to care for them,why the heck do we need a government?

Hey,governments are not private entities who are managing their grandfathers monies.Governments are custodians or trustees of our monies.