• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [COVID-19 Virus] PAP response to 2019 nCov Situation

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Ok lor, if you say so. In that case, I will be referring to my own children as incorrigible liars. LOL..............................

I never do anything to you never insult you never call you liar.

You fucking call me liar over what? Some crazy notion I am Mark Yeo. Who the fuck is he anyway?

Please lah you have a problem with Mark Yeo you go settle with him. Why am I the target?

I have nothing to do with scroobal or Mark Yeo except that he did give me good advice on applying for NS deferment for my sons.

Stop it please jw5!

jw5

Loyal
Always must have the last word right? LOL.................

A few years ago, shortly after you first introduced this moniker to this forum, you were already posting for my moniker to be banned. I had not even started targeting this moniker then. LOL................

Perhaps you will succeed this time, fingers crossed. LOL....................

Reminder: You continue to malign real life names, you and your children will get the same treatment. LOL....................

I am not Mark Yeo.

You keep saying I am. It is irritating.

I am not the one playing games.

I post my personal experiences during SARS and you make a joke of it. It was a very difficult time for me and my family and is one of the main reasons I decided to migrate. And you want to say that I am lying about it.

Fuck you jw5! You have no right. Fucking asshole!

Whatever is your beef with Mark Yeo or scroobal or whatever fuck I dont care. Just stop belittling me and ridiculing me ok! You fucking Cheebye!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mask will do little in preventing droplet infection. A common route of infection is via the eyes as the tear ducts drain to the nasal passage.

Those who wear masks should also wear goggles otherwise it's like locking your kitchen door but leaving the front door wide open.

Nasolacrimal duct

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The nasolacrimal duct (also called the tear duct) carries tears from the lacrimal sac of the eye into the nasal cavity. The duct begins in the eye socket between the maxillary and lacrimal bones, from where it passes downwards and backwards. The opening of the nasolacrimal duct into the inferior nasal meatus of the nasal cavity is partially covered by a mucosal fold (valve of Hasner or plica lacrimalis). Excess tears flow through nasolacrimal duct which drains into the inferior nasal meatus.

This is the reason the nose starts to run when a person is crying or has watery eyes from an allergy, and why one can sometimes taste eye drops. For the same reason when applying some eye drops it is often advised to close the nasolacrimal duct by pressing it with a finger to prevent the medicine from escaping the eye and having unwanted side effects elsewhere in the body.

Like the lacrimal sac, the duct is lined by stratified columnar epithelium containing mucus-secreting goblet cells, and is surrounded by connective tissue.
the mask is just a psychological barrier to give simpletons a semblance of protection and prevention. at the very least it keeps a coughing coolie from scaring others into a stampede. but other than muffling nasal and oral discharges within the facial zone it does jackshit in any virulent airborne epidemic without other protective gears. other than droplets getting into the eye, snort and saliva get onto hands of victims and before they can wash their hands door knobs and handles quickly get contaminated.

jw5

Loyal
This is the picture of Mark Andrew Yeo - incorrigible liar. LOL.........................

attachment.php

I never do anything to you never insult you never call you liar.

You fucking call me liar over what? Some crazy notion I am Mark Yeo. Who the fuck is he anyway?

Please lah you have a problem with Mark Yeo you go settle with him. Why am I the target?

I have nothing to do with scroobal or Mark Yeo except that he did give me good advice on applying for NS deferment for my sons.

Stop it please jw5!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Always must have the last word right? LOL.................

A few years ago, shortly after you first introduced this moniker to this forum, you were already posting for my moniker to be banned. I had not even started targeting this moniker then. LOL................

Perhaps you will succeed this time, fingers crossed. LOL....................

Reminder: You continue to malign real life names, you and your children will get the same treatment. LOL....................
Did I try to get you banned?

When was that I do not recall.

If I did I apologize.

You are actually very ok as far as I can see. I did enjoy your where to find this type of woman in SAF thread and follow it. So I dont know what I had said to try to get you banned. Do you have the thread link?

My moniker has been around since 2004 in the old delphiforums. I left it for a while. Then later in 2010 I came back because I was making my move to Edmonton and asychee asked me to come back to share my story.

Some of you changed your monikers when the forum moved from Delphi. @Charlie99 was a different moniker back in Delphiforums.

I kept mine. No change.

Scroobal wrote a lot of "insights" into the civil service in general. I certainly do not have such knowledge and connections. I was just a MO in sinkieland surgical BST was interested in orthopedics.

Please lah jw5 I am not Mark Yeo and not a policeman.

jw5

Loyal
Please read post#89 again. Thanks.

Did I try to get you banned?

When was that I do not recall.

If I did I apologize.

You are actually very ok as far as I can see. I did enjoy your where to find this type of woman in SAF thread and follow it. So I dont know what I had said to try to get you banned. Do you have the thread link?

My moniker has been around since 2004 in the old delphiforums. I left it for a while. Then later in 2010 I came back because I was making my move to Edmonton and asychee asked me to come back to share my story.

Some of you changed your monikers when the forum moved from Delphi. @Charlie99 was a different moniker back in Delphiforums.

I kept mine. No change.

Scroobal wrote a lot of "insights" into the civil service in general. I certainly do not have such knowledge and connections. I was just a MO in sinkieland surgical BST was interested in orthopedics.

Please lah jw5 I am not Mark Yeo and not a policeman.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's see how (in the know + don't know but very keen observers) are able to detect the loopholes in your story.
can verify calgary doc’s account as my brother worked at sgh then. he is so disenchanted with the system that he decides to open his own clinic and run his practice without being subjected to nanny and stupid tactics from moh. moh still has jurisdiction, regulatory, and policy matters over all pubic and private practice, but private practice beats working in a pubic hospital which is always subjected to the stupidity and ignorance of moh. i truly sympathize with the brave and dedicated doctors and nurses on the frontlines, but not the bureaucratic bozos in moh who can eat shit and die.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
can verify calgary doc’s account as my brother worked at sgh then. he is so disenchanted with the system that he decides to open his own clinic and run his practice without being subjected to nanny and stupid tactics from moh. moh still has jurisdiction, regulatory, and policy matters over all pubic and private practice, but private practice beats working in a pubic hospital which is always subjected to the stupidity and ignorance of moh. i truly sympathize with the brave and dedicated doctors and nurses on the frontlines, but not the bureaucratic bozos in moh who can eat shit and die.

Thanks bro.

Was your brother in SGH General surgery during SARS?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He's very good looking. If that actually is scroobal I have to say he's a very lucky man.

This is the picture of Mark Andrew Yeo - incorrigible liar. LOL.........................

attachment.php

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is right. Masks are meant for foreigners only. Virus will not impact Sinkies. If wrong, it is a honest mistake, move on.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should ensure there are unlimited supplies of masks and handrub (even hand soap was sold out at value$ yesterday had to buy handrub online) and the citizens can draw them at the cc, rationing can be imposed of course...nothing wrong with paying ot to staff willing to help...also why are the predominantly exposed and mobile workers like bus drivers and taxi drivers not issued masks and strongly encouraged to do them? In these 2 areas more can be improved...principle is easy one u cant stop the ones moving around but you can help the stationary ones...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
nope. he was not directly involved with sars patients being transferred from ttsh, but he had to be on standby just in case more docs were needed.

Actually it didnt work that way.

All the TTSH patients transferred to SGH went to one or two wards I cant recall exactly. But in those TTSH transferred patients wards(we called them SARS wards even though when it began we were told the patients did NOT have SARS) you would have patients under different departments eg patients who were under surgical disciplines would be under GS or ortho etc. There would also be general medicine patients.

So I dont recall any doctors on reserve list to call up.

Actually during the peak SARS period overall admission numbers fell by a lot. The wards were quite empty. Hospitals were like ghost towns.

TTSH was solely for suspected SARS patients. So their workload was relatively low although their risk was high.

SGH GS MOs were on call more often because we had one entire team moved to TTSH to help with the fight there. They staffed TTSH well and rightfully so. But the other hospitals were short staffed relatively. It worked out because the overall workload decreased because sinkies chose not to go to the hospitals during SARS. We would wonder where all the patients were? All stay at home to die instead of come to SARS infected hospitals? LOL!

We would joke that we were still working and didnot get the accolades for fighting SARS meanwhile our friends who got transferred to TTSH said workload was light but scary of course and they got all the accolades.

Basically no win lah.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually it didnt work that way.

All the TTSH patients transferred to SGH went to one or two wards I cant recall exactly. But in those TTSH transferred patients wards(we called them SARS wards even though when it began we were told the patients did NOT have SARS) you would have patients under different departments eg patients who were under surgical disciplines would be under GS or ortho etc. There would also be general medicine patients.

So I dont recall any doctors on reserve list to call up.

Actually during the peak SARS period overall admission numbers fell by a lot. The wards were quite empty. Hospitals were like ghost towns.

TTSH was solely for suspected SARS patients. So their workload was relatively low although their risk was high.

SGH on the other hand was still quite busy.

We would joke that we were still working and didnot get the accolades for fighting SARS meanwhile our friends who got transferred to TTSH said workload was light but scary of course and they got all the accolades.

Basically no win lah.
i just asked him about what you posted, and he verified that you’re correct. only those who worked at sgh at that critical time would know the arrangement. however, he wasn’t even fully aware patients he had seen had sars as they were supposed to be confined to a few wards. he spent his time mainly in the family medicine continuing care department or its predecessor. he’s not a surgeon thus hardly spent time at the gs department. he’s now still in family medicine practice plus cosmetic or aesthetic consultation and services not involving surgery. lasers (to remove moles and facial spots) and botox yes. a lot of botox injection appointments. makes more money from the latter.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i just asked him about what you posted, and he verified that you’re correct. only those who worked at sgh at that critical time would know the arrangement. however, he wasn’t even fully aware patients he had seen had sars as they were supposed to be confined to a few wards. he spent his time mainly in the family medicine continuing care department or its predecessor. he’s not a surgeon thus hardly spent time at the gs department. he’s now still in family medicine practice plus cosmetic or aesthetic consultation and services not involving surgery. lasers (to remove moles and facial spots) and botox yes. a lot of botox injection appointments. makes more money from the latter.

At that time got family medicine?

Oh I think maybe he was one of those staff doctors at SGH who saw other doctors who were ill?

Ask him if he was one of those who would see SGH doctors MOs/Reg/Consultant if they had fever and then give MC?

On the day that they announced that SARS had hit SGH I remember I was on call. It was a Sunday I think. They called us all to the Level 9 of block 5? I can't remember exactly which block now. But it is the level which has this huge area we use sometimes for like staff dinners and also has lecture theatre.

Anyway they told us all about how SARS had hit SGH. And that they were going to send Team 2 or was it Team 1 ( I can't remember correctly) to TTSH to help look after some of the SARS patients that were going from SGH to TTSH. They also said that from now on will have temperature checks daily.

I remember going down for lunch at the Kofu food court. Then on the way back up to the wards there were people checking temperature! They checked mine and said I had fever! I can't remember exactly what my temp was lah. Maybe I drank hot soup? Those days we just went to work even though we were sick or had fever. Taking MC was taboo. Also it meant angering your fellow MOs because they would have to work harder to take up the slack. SGH GS ran on Teams. Team 1 to 5. Team 1 would be on call every Monday. Team 2 Tuesday. Team 3 Wed. Team 4 Thursday. Team 5 Friday. For weekends Teams took turns. Team 1 would always have to be on Sat because they would be on call again on Mondays. Team 5 would take Sundays when it was their turn for the same reasons. I was in Team 1 at the time. Vascular Team. Alex Chao had only just returned not too long from his HMDP.

Anyway they told me I cannot go up. Cannot go back to work. Had to go to see the dr. So they directed me to go see some family doctors in SGH. The doctor gave me 7 days MC I think.

I called my wife and told her. She said ok I will come pick you up. Actually I was kind of happy that I no longer had to do my call. But then I started thinking what if I really had SARS?

In the car on the way back, my wife was asking me, hey if you have SARS then you go home to my parents place then infect all of us how? We were living with my in laws. My wife's parents, her grandmother, her 2 sisters and her brother and my young daughter and son aged 2 and 1. That's a lot of people infected!

My phone rang as my wife was going round the circus at Newton. It was Prof Leo from CDC. She asked me if I am DR X and I said yes. She asked where are you now? I told her. She said, do not go home. Detour to TTSH now. You will need to stay at TTSH till you are cleared.

So my wife dropped me off close to TTSH. I still remember that walk to the TTSH white tent. It was deserted! No one in sight!

They took my vitals, took blood samples then I was shown to my hospital room. I remember walking past Dr Chng my registrar in Team 1 (she was in room next to mine) room. She had full blown SARS about a few days before this blew up.

I stayed at TTSH for about 3 days. My good friend and CG group mate gave me "Life of Pi" the book to read knowing I would be bored. The room we had did not have TV. When the results came back negative for SARS they discharged me. But I still had to be quarantined for 14 days. My wife decided it was a good time for us to move back to our flat in Bedok. So on discharge my little daughter and son and my wife picked me up and we went home to our flat. I spent another 14 days with them just really doing nothing but reflecting on life. I realized I had missed so much of my son's life in the past year as well. He was already walking. I had missed so much. And then if I really had SARS and died, what would have happened to my wife and kids?

Makes you think about life again. If not for SARS I doubt I would have had the drive and determination to leave sinkieland once and for all.

When I left SGH to stay at TTSH Alex Chao was still fine.

It was only after I came back from quarantine that I heard in the auditorium where Prof Soo said Alex has been warded. They think it is dengue.

Scary times.

My classmate just messaged saying that SGH internal medicine departments will be rostered into teams to cover isolation wards if numbers (of Wuhan coronavirus) spike. Will see how the situation unfolds this coming week.

good luck to the doctors and nurses in Singapore. Remember to protect yourselves because you cannot trust MOH or SGH or the hospital or even your Head of Department to protect you!

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At that time got family medicine?

Oh I think maybe he was one of those staff doctors at SGH who saw other doctors who were ill?

Ask him if he was one of those who would see SGH doctors MOs/Reg/Consultant if they had fever and then give MC?

On the day that they announced that SARS had hit SGH I remember I was on call. It was a Sunday I think. They called us all to the Level 9 of block 5? I can't remember exactly which block now. But it is the level which has this huge area we use sometimes for like staff dinners and also has lecture theatre.

Anyway they told us all about how SARS had hit SGH. And that they were going to send Team 2 or was it Team 1 ( I can't remember correctly) to TTSH to help look after some of the SARS patients that were going from SGH to TTSH. They also said that from now on will have temperature checks daily.

I remember going down for lunch at the Kofu food court. Then on the way back up to the wards there were people checking temperature! They checked mine and said I had fever! I can't remember exactly what my temp was lah. Maybe I drank hot soup? Those days we just went to work even though we were sick or had fever. Taking MC was taboo. Also it meant angering your fellow MOs because they would have to work harder to take up the slack. SGH GS ran on Teams. Team 1 to 5. Team 1 would be on call every Monday. Team 2 Tuesday. Team 3 Wed. Team 4 Thursday. Team 5 Friday. For weekends Teams took turns. Team 1 would always have to be on Sat because they would be on call again on Mondays. Team 5 would take Sundays when it was their turn for the same reasons. I was in Team 1 at the time. Vascular Team. Alex Chao had only just returned not too long from his HMDP.

Anyway they told me I cannot go up. Cannot go back to work. Had to go to see the dr. So they directed me to go see some family doctors in SGH. The doctor gave me 7 days MC I think.

I called my wife and told her. She said ok I will come pick you up. Actually I was kind of happy that I no longer had to do my call. But then I started thinking what if I really had SARS?

In the car on the way back, my wife was asking me, hey if you have SARS then you go home to my parents place then infect all of us how? We were living with my in laws. My wife's parents, her grandmother, her 2 sisters and her brother and my young daughter and son aged 2 and 1. That's a lot of people infected!

My phone rang as my wife was going round the circus at Newton. It was Prof Leo from CDC. She asked me if I am DR X and I said yes. She asked where are you now? I told her. She said, do not go home. Detour to TTSH now. You will need to stay at TTSH till you are cleared.

So my wife dropped me off close to TTSH. I still remember that walk to the TTSH white tent. It was deserted! No one in sight!

They took my vitals, took blood samples then I was shown to my hospital room. I remember walking past Dr Chng Siew Ping (she was in room next to mine) room. She had full blown SARS about a few days before this blew up.

I stayed at TTSH for about 3 days. My good friend and CG group mate gave me "Life of Pi" the book to read knowing I would be bored. The room we had did not have TV. When the results came back negative for SARS they discharged me. But I still had to be quarantined for 14 days. My wife decided it was a good time for us to move back to our flat in Bedok. So on discharge my little daughter and son and my wife picked me up and we went home to our flat. I spent another 14 days with them just really doing nothing but reflecting on life. I realized I had missed so much of my son's life in the past year as well. He was already walking. I had missed so much. And then if I really had SARS and died, what would have happened to my wife and kids?

Makes you think about life again. If not for SARS I doubt I would have had the drive and determination to leave sinkieland once and for all.

When I left SGH to stay at TTSH Alex Chao was still fine.

It was only after I came back from quarantine that I heard in the auditorium where Prof Soo said Alex has been warded. They think it is dengue.

Scary times.

My classmate just messaged saying that SGH internal medicine departments will be rostered into teams to cover isolation wards if numbers (of Wuhan coronavirus) spike. Will see how the situation unfolds this coming week.

good luck to the doctors and nurses in Singapore. Remember to protect yourselves because you cannot trust MOH or SGH or the hospital or even your Head of Department to protect you!
he must be your senior by over 6.9 years as he has issued mc’s to fellow docs at sgh. i’m sure if you guys meet you’ll know each other. small world in sg. my god, you’re lucky to get flu. the flu virus saved you. otherwise you might come down with sars if you stayed at sgh. it wasn’t even safe at ttsh as you might flush a toilet and shitload of sars virus jump on you. for that must drink a shot of vodka to celebrate.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think someone copied and pasted my comment on how MOH and SGH told us not to wear N95 masks and said it did not make sense.

Here's how I remember it.

MOH announced that they would be transferring non-SARS patients from TTSH to SGH.

We at SGH were going really? non-SARS? There is an incubation period!

When we were going to see the patients in the SARS wards we realized there were no N95 masks for us to use.

Some of the senior MOs and Registrars brought this up to the consultants. They had a meeting with Chairman of Medical Board and I think the Minister of Health (Lim Hng Khiang)

If I remember correctly it was Dr Dennis Lim who told us that at the CMB meeting they made a comment saying that if the doctors and nurses wore N95 masks, then the ward clerk would want to wear an N95 mask, and then the porters and the cleaners and then EVERYONE would want to wear an N95 mask and these masks were in short supply. There were not enough masks to go around. And they did not want to create panic and fear. So the order was NOT to wear N95 masks after all there was no evidence of SARS in SGH.

Correct. There was no evidence of SARS in SGH YET!

As you can see, these senior drs and officials are IDIOTS!