• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [COVID-19 Virus] PAP response to 2019 nCov Situation

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
he must be your senior by over 6.9 years as he has issued mc’s to fellow docs at sgh. i’m sure if you guys meet you’ll know each other. small world in sg. my god, you’re lucky to get flu. the flu virus saved you. otherwise you might come down with sars if you stayed at sgh. it wasn’t even safe at ttsh as you might flush a toilet and shitload of sars virus jump on you. for that must drink a shot of vodka to celebrate.

Yes I think that initial period was probably very dangerous. When I went off for my TTSH admission and subsequent quarantine we had no N95 masks or any personal protective gear issued to us. And yet there were SARS cases that we did not know in our midst.

By the time I went back to work 2.5 weeks later everything was all set up. everyone had to be fitted with the correct mask size. They gave us white T shirts and blue pants. Gowns. Head cover. Shoe cover. Goggles. gloves.

So in a way it was a blessing that I was flagged and sent home. God was looking out for me. And of course it led to me eventually moving to Canada!

jw5

Loyal
LOL.................... Mark Andrew Yeo lying again. People who know your children better be more wary when dealing with you lot................. LOL

Yes I think that initial period was probably very dangerous. When I went off for my TTSH admission and subsequent quarantine we had no N95 masks or any personal protective gear issued to us. And yet there were SARS cases that we did not know in our midst.

By the time I went back to work 2.5 weeks later everything was all set up. everyone had to be fitted with the correct mask size. They gave us white T shirts and blue pants. Gowns. Head cover. Shoe cover. Goggles. gloves.

So in a way it was a blessing that I was flagged and sent home. God was looking out for me. And of course it led to me eventually moving to Canada!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawrence Wong also says there is no need collect $M minister salary if you are already rich.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The test of a good leader is the handling of the country in times of crisis....we shall see when this blows up in his face.

Any idiot can run a country when everything is going well.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The test of a good leader is the handling of the country in times of crisis....we shall see when this blows up in his face.

Any idiot can run a country when everything is going well.
The Wuhan virus is not a crisis it's just a minor inconvenience.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Stating the obvious as if we give a fuck (what an ill timed and insensitive speech). He just confirmed the PAP's obsession with economic growth. One of their two obsessions, the other being winning votes at all costs.

S'pore economy will be impacted, saving jobs a priority, says Chan Chun Sing
SINGAPORE — Singapore’s economy will definitely be impacted by the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, with the tourism-related sectors being of immediate concern.

In a multi-ministry press conference on Monday (27 January), Minister for Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing said that this includes travel agents, as well as the food and beverage, retail and hospitality sectors.

Like what happened during the 2003 SARS outbreak, mitigating measures can include “reducing business costs, alleviating cash flows and retention of workers”.

The government, he added, is ready to work with the industry. He said that the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is in contact with the various trade associations and businesses to manage the impact.

“Our priority is to work closely with MOM and NTUC to mitigate the fallout and support our workers affected and preserve their livelihoods,” Chan said.

“For the longer term, we will press on with our industry and market diversifications to strengthen our resilience as an economic system.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/wuhan-vir...a-priority-says-chan-chun-sing-035001216.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chan Chun Seng

1580111006437.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Stating the obvious as if we give a fuck (what an ill timed and insensitive speech). He just confirmed the PAP's obsession with economic growth. One of their two obsessions, the other being winning votes at all costs.

SINGAPORE — Singapore’s economy will definitely be impacted by the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, with the tourism-related sectors being of immediate concern.

In a multi-ministry press conference on Monday (27 January), Minister for Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing said that this includes travel agents, as well as the food and beverage, retail and hospitality sectors.

Like what happened during the 2003 SARS outbreak, mitigating measures can include “reducing business costs, alleviating cash flows and retention of workers”.

The government, he added, is ready to work with the industry. He said that the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is in contact with the various trade associations and businesses to manage the impact.

“Our priority is to work closely with MOM and NTUC to mitigate the fallout and support our workers affected and preserve their livelihoods,” Chan said.

“For the longer term, we will press on with our industry and market diversifications to strengthen our resilience as an economic system.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/wuhan-vir...a-priority-says-chan-chun-sing-035001216.html

SAVING JOBS FOR CECA?????? KNNBCCB PAP!

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

This Ah seng only knows talking. Same old story again and again.
Obviously it is worrying because he chosen as one of the first class leaders

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid idiot. We should immediately stop travellers from China now that China confirmed that the virus can spread without symptoms. Sinkies are already unemployed with the influx of foreigners. Thank you PAP.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another fuck up half bake decision. What about visitors from China? Do you think these ministers deserve millions of dollars?