• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Court Stops Frivolous Suit By Dead NSF's Family To Extract More Money From SAF!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The deceased's mother put it aptly as reported in the media:

"Dom, in these past 3+ years, I have been worn-down, beaten and defeated by the very government I taught you to trust; worn-down, beaten and defeated by the very system I counselled you to have faith in; worn-down, beaten and defeated by the very people I advised you to respect and honor."

To those 70% who voted pappies to run an uncaring Govt, you better hope you or your family members do not encounter similar incident in your life time while supporting the pappies.

Many many incidents such as this, resulting in death and injury happened in the SAF. MAny were covered up, many went to court martial whose records are not made public. In the few cases where the parents actually did something and it came out in the public like this one, then the public sees something. This is the tip of the iceberg.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it very hard to pity the mom since she the one who taught her son to respect the govt aka system.

maybe because women folks never served NS so they never know how SAF SOP work. while I wont purposely find ways to get my son to siam NS but I will tell him the different between the right ways, the wrong ways and the SAF ways to survive NS in one piece. The most important aspect of NS is self preservation. I rather get charged than do something dangerous that was ordered by superior. Men of my unit were known to refuse orders given by arsehole officers and my platoon mates and me also ignore PC orders in the field that we consider unreasonable.

im glad i survived ns without dieing,they should give a t shirt to all those who ord in one piece.NS is like a death camp with a ouija board and a death note notebook,u never know when u are going to be the next unfortunate incident.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
normally its easier to sweep things under the carpet if the victim is dead,but if the person is alive and well and talking and walking around with two legs and a limb missing,its harder to sweep things under the carpet,in that case a 250k settlement and lots of TV primetime positive spin and photo taking with the victim in hospital is more apporpriate.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
70% of Sinkies just luv to eat Pappies shit, all Pappy need to do is add a little curry leaf for the M x I, for the Chinks a little sugar will do.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF are not run by highly scholars on the day to day basis. Most of the time the units are run by uneducated Enciks and 9 months wonders of OCS who themselves are also serving National Service and no older and can be even younger than the men they are leading. Many time can see training conducting officer were NSF 2LT and safety also another 2LT. The regular OC most of the time MIA and the company basically run by the CSM. It only at battalion level field training do the OCs appear to wayang in front of the CO.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im glad i survived ns without dieing,they should give a t shirt to all those who ord in one piece.NS is like a death camp with a ouija board and a death note notebook,u never know when u are going to be the next unfortunate incident.

just by being a "thinking soldier" should be enough to survive SAF in 20months. Of course luck also play its part, if lucky, heng heng go signal battalion, life a breeze. If sway sway go polar bear, better pray to Buddha, Guanyin, JC, Mary, Allah, TauPehGong, MahChor etc etc... to bless for safety.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF are not run by highly scholars on the day to day basis. Most of the time the units are run by uneducated Enciks and 9 months wonders of OCS who themselves are also serving National Service and no older and can be even younger than the men they are leading. Many time can see training conducting officer were NSF 2LT and safety also another 2LT. The regular OC most of the time MIA and the company basically run by the CSM. It only at battalion level field training do the OCs appear to wayang in front of the CO.

last time, i local 2nd sergeant, kanna arrowed "rooftop" to draw ammo., my buaykan 2LT went eat snake at canteen and ask me to conduct life range as well, bao sua bao hai. this is SAF, short for serve and fuck off! i have left the force for more than 20 years, army is very cock up in my opinion.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF has a contractual duty to only promote Scholars rapidly to the rank of General. That is their main goal. the other contract is to run NDP. Other then that, you die, your business. Parents should make all their boys stay at home and don't report to camp. There is no space in DBs for thousands of NSmen.

CDF has to plan state funerals too!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the law is you cannot cane until 24 times lah. A doctor has to be present at the caning. If culprit pass out from the caning and or is physically unable to continue due to endangerment of his life, the Dr. will stop. All remaining lashes are then waived. i.e. cannot continue on a later date.

24 is the max. at one go and you are right - if prisoner is not fit to carry on, doctor will stop the caning and there is no otang involved.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
basically, the same law that applies to civil servants, police, etc is not said to also apply to the SAF. i.e. you cannot sue a civil servant, if you are suing, you sue the govt. But they out it into law that the SAF and its members cannot be prosecuted for negligence causing death or injury. I can tell you there are many more cases then this one, buried in the court martial system.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Found the relevant provisions in Government Proceedings Act:

Provisions relating to the armed forces

14.—(1) Nothing done or omitted to be done by a member of the forces while on duty as such shall subject either him or the Government to liability in tort for causing the death of another person, or for causing personal injury to another person, in so far as the death or personal injury is due to anything suffered by that other person while he is a member of the forces if —

(a) at the time when the thing is suffered by that other person, he is —
(i) on duty as a member of the forces; or
(ii) though not on duty as a member of the forces —

(A) on any land, premises, ship, aircraft or vehicle for the time being used for the purposes of the forces; or
(B) on any journey necessary to enable him to report for duty as such or to return home after such duty; and
[Act 45/96 wef 28/12/1996]

(b) the Minister responsible for finance certifies that his suffering that thing has been or will be treated as attributable to service for the purposes of entitlement to an award under any written law relating to the disablement or death of members of the force of which he is a member:

Provided that this subsection shall not exempt a member of the forces from liability in tort in any case in which the court is satisfied that the act or omission was not connected with the execution of his duties as a member of the forces.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
24 is the max. at one go and you are right - if prisoner is not fit to carry on, doctor will stop the caning and there is no otang involved.

So GD, have you completed your external law degree ? Didn't they ban external law degree holders from practicing law ? If you can make it to the Bar (not HFJ type) in your 60s, you know you will be sharing the same alma mater with a local SC. You will be Harry Mk II.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So GD, have you completed your external law degree ? Didn't they ban external law degree holders from practicing law ? If you can make it to the Bar (not HFJ type) in your 60s, you know you will be sharing the same alma mater with a local SC. You will be Harry Mk II.

Bro, I am only O levels. Did night school in the 70s but failed miserably. Signed on with the SPF and worked my way up to Insp of Police (2). My England is ah beng's england. If i make it as a lawyer i will be dragging down the good name of the profession as lawyers are all real gentlemen all helping to make this a better and more gracious society. will strive to be one in my next life.

KopiMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I am only O levels. Did night school in the 70s but failed miserably. Signed on with the SPF and worked my way up to Insp of Police (2). My England is ah beng's england. If i make it as a lawyer i will be dragging down the good name of the profession as lawyers are all real gentlemen all helping to make this a better and more gracious society. will strive to be one in my next life.

why u never challenge yourself more?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

In my days in the army, I know of at least 5 incidence of people getting killed in the Armour formation, and even more of injuries, including paralyzation. It would not surprise me to learn that since the start of NS, at least 2000 or more have died either from accidents, suicides, or deliberate. This includes NSmen and regulars. U will find no monument to them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF are not run by highly scholars on the day to day basis.
If scholars are used, SAF will be better? May I remind you of SMRT CEO. Scholars are useless. Period.

Most of the time the units are run by uneducated Enciks and 9 months wonders of OCS who themselves are also serving National Service and no older and can be even younger than the men they are leading. Many time can see training conducting officer were NSF 2LT and safety also another 2LT. The regular OC most of the time MIA and the company basically run by the CSM. It only at battalion level field training do the OCs appear to wayang in front of the CO.
It is the scholars who set up this structure.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't worry ...our lawyers and judges are laughing stock. Our judges kowtow to government; that's why the recent ruling by the Ah Neh judge that MINDEF have no contractual obligation to ensure the safety of our soldiers!
If you become lawyer and be like JBJ, you will be the new icon. Go for it, GD.

KopiMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry ...our lawyers and judges are laughing stock. Our judges kowtow to government; that's why the recent ruling by the Ah Neh judge that MINDEF have no contractual obligation to ensure the safety of our soldiers!
If you become lawyer and be like JBJ, you will be the new icon. Go for it, GD.

I also support GD. He now become my idol. That jw5 no balls. prickhead got vd.

GD Rocks!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yes u are right, I would add to that by saying that all NS OCS grads are only posted to the training units if they themselves are within the top 10% of the OCS cohort. So, for example, sword winners can be posted to become OCS instructors without even going out to a front line unit themselves. Same applies for top ranked cadets, who get posted to SBMT and what not. The problem is that these 2ndLts have not been seasoned at the unit level, and taught some level of humility and interpersonal skills with the men. They are then posted to training units where they become gods and go on ego trips. Some jackass probably thought he would tekan the recruits more by throwing out 6 smoke grenades instead of two.