• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Comment and Review on SP Setia

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, it was the residents of Setia projects that wanted to publicize all the bad stuffs. Probably they see it as a way to take revenge on the developer and pressure them to do something.

There is a thread here on D Inspire Residence at Bukit Indah. The quality and design of their condo are way below expectations.

Unfortunately, this is JB, Malaysia. I don't think the developer will care.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did u tell yr friends u keep on hantam their property aka behind their back?:rolleyes:

Nobody wanted to hantam anybody here. We are just sharing valuable information here. This is what this forum is all about. Sorry, if you are SP Setia salesman.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, it was the residents of Setia projects that wanted to publicize all the bad stuffs. Probably they see it as a way to take revenge on the developer and pressure them to do something.

There is a thread here on D Inspire Residence at Bukit Indah. The quality and design of their condo are way below expectations.

Unfortunately, this is JB, Malaysia. I don't think the developer will care.

Not revenge. The victims just wanted to voice out their frustration and hoping that someone can help or just listen to their grievances.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not revenge. The victims just wanted to voice out their frustration and hoping that someone can help or just listen to their grievances.

It's difficult. I mean, what can the rest do? People who didn't buy will either say "Heng ah!" or just empathize with their situation. Those who hear of all this bad publicity will of course not want to buy also. Best is to confront the developer directly. So far, I heard it's useless.

The problem is, this happens in JB. As we all know, anything goes. I think the only way is to seek legal help. But is it worth the trouble and more money? I'm also not sure how the legal system works in Malaysia.

This is the big risk about buying JB properties. Still ok if the condos cost like RM100-200k. You can accept it if things go wrong. But to me, the prices of properties in Iskandar have all been highly inflated already in recent years. When someone pays RM700k and experiences all those defects and poor quality designs, it feels like a scam investment.

It remains to be seen how the other condos still being constructed will turn out. The prospect and market in the next few years are not looking good at all.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you rather keep quiet and let others fall into the trap too?

i'm not the owner, not in the position to comment their own detect problem.
many a time, ppl just cannot get their things right..so they just like to whine..whine and whine..:p aiyo..bth..
MYOB is the bestest!!

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm not the owner, not in the position to comment their own detect problem.
many a time, ppl just cannot get their things right..so they just like to whine..whine and whine..:p aiyo..bth..
MYOB is the bestest!!

Still good for potential buyers to decide, rather then not have any information at all and cannot decide properly. What is acceptable to some, may not be acceptable to others.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did this before to go against Sime Darby some years back, actually the same sister company of SP Setia.
Initially I complained like hell to the Customer Service but in the end, I found out that they are not in power when it is about rectification costs between developer and contractor. So beh tahan these people.

So I got hold of all the defect pictures from all the residents and asked Customer Service to organise a meeting between their architects, consultants, township head and site people. CS is more than willing to help cos they kena bombarded every day. So they siam to the consultants and their bosses.
I showed them in Powerpoint slide by slide. At the end of the 30th slide, they surrender and set up a rectification team. And very important is the residents must turn up in full force to show support and add in the verbal complaints. It turned the screw on the developer and it did solve a of our problems. Not 100% and not everyone is happy but most of us got what we paid for.

We even threaten to ask the press media to come in. No point go legal as once it go legal, all project people will wash their hands and leave it to the legal team. Developers got plenty of money to play ping pong. House owners do not get to renovate their units and the clock is ticking on the defects liability period. Remember the contract is between individual house owners and the developer. Everyone's problem is different from other neighbours. Everyone's willingness to accept the defect is also different.

Good luck.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still good for potential buyers to decide, rather then not have any information at all and cannot decide properly. What is acceptable to some, may not be acceptable to others.

You are absolutely right! Anyway, I think our friend potter just do not have the right attitude here. If everybody in this forum is like him, MYOB type.....might as well close all the threads in this forum. :p

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did this before to go against Sime Darby some years back, actually the same sister company of SP Setia.
Initially I complained like hell to the Customer Service but in the end, I found out that they are not in power when it is about rectification costs between developer and contractor. So beh tahan these people.

So I got hold of all the defect pictures from all the residents and asked Customer Service to organise a meeting between their architects, consultants, township head and site people. CS is more than willing to help cos they kena bombarded every day. So they siam to the consultants and their bosses.
I showed them in Powerpoint slide by slide. At the end of the 30th slide, they surrender and set up a rectification team. And very important is the residents must turn up in full force to show support and add in the verbal complaints. It turned the screw on the developer and it did solve a of our problems. Not 100% and not everyone is happy but most of us got what we paid for.

We even threaten to ask the press media to come in. No point go legal as once it go legal, all project people will wash their hands and leave it to the legal team. Developers got plenty of money to play ping pong. House owners do not get to renovate their units and the clock is ticking on the defects liability period. Remember the contract is between individual house owners and the developer. Everyone's problem is different from other neighbours. Everyone's willingness to accept the defect is also different.

Good luck.

Indeed you are very lucky to have a helpful customer service unit. In many cases, customer service staff will just show you their blur blur face. Most they will say their boss is not around (but obviously he is in the office but refuse to face the angry house owners) or just ask you to write in and wait for their reply. The so call wait, can be forever.....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's difficult. I mean, what can the rest do? People who didn't buy will either say "Heng ah!" or just empathize with their situation. Those who hear of all this bad publicity will of course not want to buy also. Best is to confront the developer directly. So far, I heard it's useless.

The problem is, this happens in JB. As we all know, anything goes. I think the only way is to seek legal help. But is it worth the trouble and more money? I'm also not sure how the legal system works in Malaysia.

This is the big risk about buying JB properties. Still ok if the condos cost like RM100-200k. You can accept it if things go wrong. But to me, the prices of properties in Iskandar have all been highly inflated already in recent years. When someone pays RM700k and experiences all those defects and poor quality designs, it feels like a scam investment.

It remains to be seen how the other condos still being constructed will turn out. The prospect and market in the next few years are not looking good at all.

I suppose in JB one just need to manage expectations lor. If RM700K and have defects one feels scammed, what shall we say about those in Singapore who paid SGD above 1 million and also have defects that developer drag feet over? Of course one can say JB is worst than Singapore, so that's why I say be selective and once committed just hope things turn out well. Maybe some can take solace that if pay SGD1 million also got defect issue, then pay RM700 and get this problems also not as bad!:p

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose in JB one just need to manage expectations lor. If RM700K and have defects one feels scammed, what shall we say about those in Singapore who paid SGD above 1 million and also have defects that developer drag feet over? Of course one can say JB is worst than Singapore, so that's why I say be selective and once committed just hope things turn out well. Maybe some can take solace that if pay SGD1 million also got defect issue, then pay RM700 and get this problems also not as bad!:p

Either RM700K or SGD1 million unit, a defect is still a defect. It hurts especially when the developer proclaimed themselves as "BUILDER OF DISTINCTION".

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either RM700K or SGD1 million unit, a defect is still a defect. It hurts especially when the developer proclaimed themselves as "BUILDER OF DISTINCTION".

True, a defect is still a defect. My point is that maybe we should avoid the impression that "nothing good can come out of JB" just as we want to avoid the impression that "all good things can be found in Singapore".:wink:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are absolutely right! Anyway, I think our friend potter just do not have the right attitude here. If everybody in this forum is like him, MYOB type.....might as well close all the threads in this forum. :p

Thought you bdo p12 owner? Not the owner, why i keipo? No $ to earn, but i do take a cup kopi..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, a defect is still a defect. My point is that maybe we should avoid the impression that "nothing good can come out of JB" just as we want to avoid the impression that "all good things can be found in Singapore".:wink:

You are right.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

If no defect then i'll be worried.:p

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

This has nothing to do with comparison between JB and S'pore properties. As Relaxman said, a defect is still a defect.

I'm saying RM100-200k as an example knowing how saturated the condo market is in JB, how soon they will look old with things breaking down due to lack of proper maintenance, and how crappy things can be given the many defects stories we've been hearing. Have you ever seen smashed up toilet bowls, broken glass in balconies, sand all over the floor and they hand the keys to you? That's what happened to some new projects recently completed in JB. So far, I've not heard of this terrible extent in Singapore.

But if Singapore properties have to be in the picture here, I'd feel more assured to pay S$1million for a Singapore property and find there are defects. Firstly, I know there are strict and proper laws in Singapore where things will get rectified. In JB, you make noise, who will listen to you? Moreover, you're a foreigner. Always 2nd class in their eyes. They just want your money. Secondly, Singapore properties have a lot better value appreciation. S$1 million is an investment if you can afford it. By comparison, RM700k can be lost even if you wait 10 years later and there is no one interested in your JB property.

In JB, foreign buyers in recent years have already paid a high price for their condos which normal Malaysians are unlikely to buy. Now with all these defects unsettled, it's added costs and all the more, it's going to be a lot more difficult to sell off.

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought you bdo p12 owner? Not the owner, why i keipo? No $ to earn, but i do take a cup kopi..:biggrin:

Aiyoo....why you insult all the forumers here as Keipo?? Dont have to be rude here bro.... only house owners can talk about their taman meh? I think you are in the wrong forum liao....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoo....why you insult all the forumers here as Keipo?? Dont have to be rude here bro.... only house owners can talk about their taman meh? I think you are in the wrong forum liao....

You chu the old pattern lai liao. siam! Merry Christmas!:biggrin:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall Setia gave 36 month warrenty, during the 3rd year when I went back on a Sat morning, I found signs of leak on the roof, went to the management office & request for rectification, had to "bang" table abit, the contractor dropped by after 2 hrs later to check the roof & apply sealant.. (no further leaks)

Btw, I did not have roof antenna so Setia had to honour the warrenty.