• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Comment and Review on SP Setia

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia has been one of the largest property developer company in Malaysia. There are many issues on their housing project lately like Bandar Setia Alam, Sky Executive Suites Bukit Indah, Sky Loft Suites- Bukit Indah, Setia Eco Cascadia etc. Please share your thought and comment on this. Did SP Setia deserve to be called as Builder Of Distinction as stated in their company tagline?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharing one story here from a disappointed SP Setia house owner;

------------------------------------------------------
Regretted to own a property @ Setia Pearl Island,Penang.
Managed to meet the ex-GM(Khoo)with difficuties in March 2014 & he apologized due to long delay in rectification of defects(2years). Immediately he asked his staff to take more than 50 defective photos & promised to appoint contractor to rectify all defects soon. He even request me to give them opportunities to improve before I left his office.
He also promised me to follow up the progress by himself.
Nothing was done and he left SP setia to join Ecoworld.
Now 3yrs warranty due & defects were unrectify completely.
Made several phone calls to Setia customer care 6 months ago as I wanted to meet the new GM but unsuccessful. Nobody return my calls despite leaving several messages.
Is SP setia,a developer of distinction????
Dissatisfaction from DR. KANG

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharing one story here from a disappointed SP Setia house owner;

------------------------------------------------------
Regretted to own a property @ Setia Pearl Island,Penang.
Managed to meet the ex-GM(Khoo)with difficuties in March 2014 & he apologized due to long delay in rectification of defects(2years). Immediately he asked his staff to take more than 50 defective photos & promised to appoint contractor to rectify all defects soon. He even request me to give them opportunities to improve before I left his office.
He also promised me to follow up the progress by himself.
Nothing was done and he left SP setia to join Ecoworld.
Now 3yrs warranty due & defects were unrectify completely.
Made several phone calls to Setia customer care 6 months ago as I wanted to meet the new GM but unsuccessful. Nobody return my calls despite leaving several messages.
Is SP setia,a developer of distinction????
Dissatisfaction from DR. KANG

The tagline is too insulting.....maybe it should be developer of distinction in defects!! :eek:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tagline is too insulting.....maybe it should be developer of distinction in defects!! :eek:

The current SP Setia management team seem clueless on what they should do to improve their service to their customers. Below is one more classic complain that voice out by an angry Setia Sky Suite resident in their own SP Setia website ;-

--------------------

My 2nd Letter to SP Setia Management - Sky suite, Bukit Indah
Further to the few incidents happened after key collection for my house handover dated 31st March 13, I would like to highlight unsatisfactory of the poor management and maintenance of block A, Sky Suites.
I have several times noticed that service lift and door security card sensor breakdown but it still happen for several week. The worse time when last Sunday I carry my thing to my unit, I noticed the 3 out of 4 unit of lift is not working and there is nobody to repair the lift. As consequence, I have to wait for longer time to get to my unit. Before this, I have noticed the 1 or 2 service lift is not working or not working correctly (can access to every floor without scan the ID card)
For the access door card reader near to my parking lot is not working quite some time. I can’t access from outside and have to walk to another access door. I have tried for 2 times in different week, but still the same. Furthermore, the door autos closer also not adjust properly to ensure the door auto closing after people open the door. It leads to door still not locked and alarm triggered.
I have been disappointed of the workmanship and now this is 2nd time to write in to complaint about the poor management of the block. We have requested to pay 3 months of maintenance fee in advance when key collection, but it seems the management and maintenance team control still not up to the standard.
As a goodwill developer to delivery such poor management to the Sky Suite Service Apartment, it definitely will affect good reputation of the company and customer trust and loyalty. I appreciated your attention in this matter and hope will get improvement after complaint.

BY MR. LIM

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WARNING TO SETIA ECO CASCADIA OWNERS.....
Setia have no intention on the maintenance part as its' not profitable. These already happened at Indah Villa, Setia Indah JB. They'd pass on the maintainence authority to self-interest bunch whom proclaimed they are elected by the community. They abused the funds, and created many in-conveniences for the resident there. Owners made many complains to Setia resident club but they claimed it is not their responsibility.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terrible.... Feel sorry for the buyers. Residents of Setia projects can kiss goodbye to the value of their properties.

I doubt this is an isolated case. We might just be seeing more of such complaints for upcoming projects in Iskandar.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recommendation which developer is considered 'responsible' and will ensure proper maintenance long after VP? I doubt there's any.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terrible.... Feel sorry for the buyers. Residents of Setia projects can kiss goodbye to the value of their properties.

I doubt this is an isolated case. We might just be seeing more of such complaints for upcoming projects in Iskandar.

You are right. Infact, many current Setia Eco Cascadia owners realised this problem. Even SEC forum in this forum already not active. They don't even dare to discuss about SEC quality problem here. A few owners last time inform me that they are trying to sell off their units now. Panic selling! Just look at Propertyguru and Iproperty.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. Infact, many current Setia Eco Cascadia owners realised this problem. Even SEC forum in this forum already not active. They don't even dare to discuss about SEC quality problem here. A few owners last time inform me that they are trying to sell off their units now. Panic selling! Just look at Propertyguru and Iproperty.

I wonder if there are buyers who will buy them. Unless the sellers sell them dirt cheap at a loss.

In Singapore, the MCST is in charge of the maintenance. How does it work in Malaysia? After handover, I don't think it's the developer's problem any more?

For "Mr Lim", I think it's more like a typical complaint of Malaysian condos. I have heard many stories of how JB condos have poor management and the building will look old with lots of faults within a few years. What for pay maintenance fees then?

But if Setia did not even rectify fully the defects from the beginning, that's even worse.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if there are buyers who will buy them. Unless the sellers sell them dirt cheap at a loss.

In Singapore, the MCST is in charge of the maintenance. How does it work in Malaysia? After handover, I don't think it's the developer's problem any more?

For "Mr Lim", I think it's more like a typical complaint of Malaysian condos. I have heard many stories of how JB condos have poor management and the building will look old with lots of faults within a few years. What for pay maintenance fees then?

But if Setia did not even rectify fully the defects from the beginning, that's even worse.

Every new property is given 12 to 18 month warranty period. However, the developer is smart enough to use dragging technique. They will drag the complain and use various reason to delay defect rectification until the warranty period is over. Than they say sayonara!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every new property is given 12 to 18 month warranty period. However, the developer is smart enough to use dragging technique. They will drag the complain and use various reason to delay defect rectification until the warranty period is over. Than they say sayonara!!

Now Singapore government got new standard of classifying defects, as long as the building is standing, there is no defects, only imperfections, this is the new standard, so kiss goodbye if you buy Malaysian as this standard also applies.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Singapore government got new standard of classifying defects, as long as the building is standing, there is no defects, only imperfections, this is the new standard, so kiss goodbye if you buy Malaysian as this standard also applies.

Very true. The Singapore government is running the country with money and profits in mind.

Was shocked when a minister commented "Nowadays, some owners expect too much of their homes. Most of the defects are not considered serious."

What rubbish! A defect is a defect. How can you expect a home buyer to ignore them?

I have a friend and his neighbours in Singapore who have been "fighting" for 3 years a developer because of poor quality fitting that is giving problem. They are told either to take it out to court legally or the developer wins.

Whenever the developer buys land from the government, both parties enter into a business contract. They are mutual clients. Of course the government will protect them. That also explains why so many condos in Singapore come with bay windows, big planters and balconies. But the actual living space internally is so tiny. The government gives incentives to the developers to build their condos that way. No protest by citizens, so Lee Hsien Loong and his government continue to bulldoze their way around.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true. The Singapore government is running the country with money and profits in mind.

Was shocked when a minister commented "Nowadays, some owners expect too much of their homes. Most of the defects are not considered serious."

What rubbish! A defect is a defect. How can you expect a home buyer to ignore them?

I have a friend and his neighbours in Singapore who have been "fighting" for 3 years a developer because of poor quality fitting that is giving problem. They are told either to take it out to court legally or the developer wins.

Whenever the developer buys land from the government, both parties enter into a business contract. They are mutual clients. Of course the government will protect them. That also explains why so many condos in Singapore come with bay windows, big planters and balconies. But the actual living space internally is so tiny. The government gives incentives to the developers to build their condos that way. No protest by citizens, so Lee Hsien Loong and his government continue to bulldoze their way around.

When you buy HDB flat, you cannot expect much. However, if you buy landed or high rise luxury condo property from a Malaysia Top Rated developer like SP Setia, you cannot dream that it will be full of craps. With the infamous tagline "Builder of Distinction", it is a total insult to all house buyers.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Furthermore, you must be extra careful even you buy SP Setia sub sale units. Please make sure that if you are buying via sub sale, the develop will cover the warranty period or else you may be stuck with a home with lots of defects and no one to cover for it. One of the house owner having trouble with stupid defects that should not happen and SP Setia has washed their hands off the problem just because it's a sub sale unit. So if you are thinking of investing with SP Setia properties or buying sub sale units, think twice.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Furthermore, you must be extra careful even you buy SP Setia sub sale units. Please make sure that if you are buying via sub sale, the develop will cover the warranty period or else you may be stuck with a home with lots of defects and no one to cover for it. One of the house owner having trouble with stupid defects that should not happen and SP Setia has washed their hands off the problem just because it's a sub sale unit. So if you are thinking of investing with SP Setia properties or buying sub sale units, think twice.

Thank you for the advice.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relaxman, thanks for the tips. Did you buy a unit from Setia?

Are the buyers thinking of renting out or staying there after they bought all these properties from Setia?

I doubt it's easy to sell them away now.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relaxman, thanks for the tips. Did you buy a unit from Setia?

Are the buyers thinking of renting out or staying there after they bought all these properties from Setia?

I doubt it's easy to sell them away now.

Thanks god that i didnt owned any SP Setia unit now. Unfortunately, i have friends who own one which are very unlucky with multiple defects. I think they have to hold their units until the market gets better.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks god that i didnt owned any SP Setia unit now. Unfortunately, i have friends who own one which are very unlucky with multiple defects. I think they have to hold their units until the market gets better.

Did u tell yr friends u keep on hantam their property aka behind their back?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lucky you!

Are your friends willing to sell their properties lower than the prices they bought?