• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to pay

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to

Not taking on. Just saying his answer is correct. The bride should decide the honeymoon destination. :wink:

1. aiyoh!
2. it takes 2 to tango leh.
3. why only the bride decides.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Clark Quay hotel fuck up wedding dinner, then call in mata when couple refuse to

Yes, possible due to the inexperience labour.

My experience is quite the opposite. Guests vomiting at almost any place they can find, flower pots/furniture kena knocked down, cutlery kena kena stolen by guests, Bride so drunk until cannot settle bill, etc.

The worst I encountered was guest throwing out on the carpet right in front of the entrance of the hotel. The hotel was quite professional in handling this.

OMG was this at a sinkie wedding?

I cannot believe it if it's a sinkie one. Sounds more like a keling one.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

20111203_banquet_G3.jpg

Notice the dark-skinned waiter on the left? What's he doing as a waiter at a traditional Cantonese restaurant?

I have had the misfortune of being served by Indian/PRC/Pinoy waiters and waitresses at a Japanese restaurant (which I won't name). They don't know what the fuck they're serving on the menu. They can't pronounce the names of the dishes.

Oh comeon who even cares whether what they can serve or not we just need to accomodate their feelings only if they aren't employed despite not knowing how to serve that's called racism cos in the end it's only about not hurting their feelings.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Couple refuses to pay for poor banquet service

Police were called in at the end of a wedding dinner to settle a dispute between the wedding couple and the hotel.

In the end the couple settled the bill on advice from the police but requested that the hotel provide a reasonable compensation for its poor service.
the poodles has done a easy job.:biggrin:
couple have paid the balance. no case to fight already.:biggrin:
ask for compensation? sure, go employ a lawyer first.:biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

My personally philosophy is never send food back. I will not eat food because you have no clue what they do to spite you. I will never do anything to put my guest in such a situation.

I will make the sure the dish will not go into my bill. The restaurant made the mistake and not me.

If it a wedding, they bound to see my lawyer before they see a penny from me.

The people in kitchens especially in this day and age are not members of the Church choir.

My evil Twin Scroobal must have been patronizing all those cheapo seafood and steamboat restaurants, and hence does not know what a fine dining experience is like. Knowing several fine dining bosses, i understand that most of them install CCTV strategically to monitor the food handling process within the kitchen. Furthermore, it depends on how you are raising the rejection of the dish.

Scroobal, just don't act guai lan like your usual all-knowing self and you should be fine.

P.S Scroobal, when are you going to name the boss in the Foo Mee Har sex scandal you exposed? 'We' are dying to have coffee with you and discuss.

Just look at Jamie Oliver....

TV chef Jamie Oliver says CCTV in kitchens means better food for diners

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-means-better-food-for-diners-86908-23429339/

Sep 18 2011 Bruce Walker, Sunday Mail

JAMIE OLIVER has had CCTV cameras installed in his restaurants so he can keep tabs on his kitchen staff.

The globe-trotting TV chef, who recently admitted he is too busy to visit all his restaurants, has turned Big Brother so he can inspect each plate of food as it leaves his kitchens.

He will even be able to zoom in on individual dishes, allowing him to pick up on chefs who are not serving the best food.

In the first move of its kind, the Naked Chef has put cameras in restaurants nationwide, including the Glasgow branch of his hit chain Jamie's Italian.

Jamie, 36, said: "I have excellent chefs in all of my kitchens. And this use of CCTV is a very efficient way of maintaining quality."

Security experts have installed the cameras inside 19 of Jamie's 23 kitchens.

His chefs know they are running and the cameras are switched on the entire time they are working.

Pictures are sent back live to a central database which Jamie can view at the click of a mouse, wherever he is in the world.

Footage is also regularly watched by Jamie's team of executive chefs at his London HQ. They conduct random quality checks on his behalf.

An insider at one of Jamie's restaurants said: "We've all been joking that going to work is like being on Big Brother.

"The cameras mean we will be under scrutiny all day. But Jamie has high standards so no one is surprised by this.

"He can't be in the kitchen very often so having the cameras is the nearest he can get to being at the stove and making sure the food is up to scratch."

A spokesman for CCTV firm MRFS, who fitted the cameras, said: "Every plate of food that leaves the kitchen is streamed in highdefinition live for Jamie and his team to observe. It could change the way kitchens approach quality control."

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal

I actually wondered why the mata advised the couple to pay up. Was it to make their job easier so they can go scoot off and have their break or sign off for the night's tour of duty?

I have seen and experienced how some of these mata worked. If they dont settle, or one party acquiesces, they (mata) cannot leave.

The couple also stupid stupid followed advice and paid up.

Never pay first until an agreement or understanding is reached. There is a rationale for not paying in full in the first place. You are not breaching any law or contractual requirement if you do not pay until the matter has been resolved. Once you pay in full in a dispute, it an agreement that all conditions and terms are fulfilled to the customers satisfaction and there is not motivation for the hotel to engage in any talks to resolve the matter. You however can pay a portion but if it involves embarrassment where the possible compensation can run over the total sum, best not to pay.There was an incident in Raffles Hotel where the hotel wanted to settle by providing a full dinner at their expense as they did not want the guest to have it in their head that the food is forever bad.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

During my younger days, was the buddy of few friends during the wedding. Main job is to assist the bride and groom entertain the guests and also to be the kamikaze team of drinking buddies to absorb the drinks offered to the groom/bride. Many times, things can turn ugly especially after a many drinks. I don't think the hotel is that stupid to call the police just for 8000 dollars. Most likely, some of the guest got really drunk and become violent.

Think about it. It will cost the hotel more for the bad publicity. Who will want to hold their wedding dinner there?

It was the bridegroom who became violent, he wanted to "fark" the restuarant manager, before he fark the bride!.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I actually wondered why the mata advised the couple to pay up. Was it to make their job easier so they can go scoot off and have their break or sign off for the night's tour of duty?

I have seen and experienced how some of these mata worked. If they dont settle, or one party acquiesces, they (mata) cannot leave.

The couple also stupid stupid followed advice and paid up.

It's not police job to say who pays who. But of course, it's easier for police if somebody pays somebody and the matter's settled. However, that's not the way for police to handle the case. The correct way is take down the particulars of both sides and warn them to keep the peace and settle in private. Assure them, if they start breaching the peace after police left, police would come back to arrest them all. Then police can leave. If there's another radio call that they started affray after police left, we'd go back and arrest them all without further talking and charge them in court for affray. Who owes who money is still their private business.

Anyway, from a personal (not police) point of view, I think that the couple shouldn't only not pay the balance but proceed to sue the hotel to get back their deposit plus damages and legal costs. When I held my wedding dinner, the son of the boss happened to be a friend of my brother. He didn't collect deposit and palm on chest guaranteed satisfaction, otherwise free of charge. It was a good dinner and of course we happily paid in full with many thanks to boot.

Last edited:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not police job to say who pays who. But of course, it's easier for police if somebody pays somebody and the matter's settled. However, that's not the way for police to handle the case. The correct way is take down the particulars of both sides and warn them to keep the peace and settle in private. Assure them, if they start breaching the peace after police left, police would come back to arrest them all. Then police can leave. If there's another radio call that they started affray after police left, we'd go back and arrest them all without further talking and charge them in court for affray. Who owes who money is still their private business.

That's the most clear headed comment on this topic I've seen so far.

Anyway, from a personal (not police) point of view, I think that the couple shouldn't only not pay the balance but proceed to sue the hotel to get back their deposit plus damages and legal costs. When I held my wedding dinner, the son of the boss happened to be a friend of my brother. He didn't collect deposit and palm on chest guaranteed satisfaction, otherwise free of charge. It was a good dinner and of course we happily paid in full with many thanks to boot.

Oh you're married. What's that restaurant that hosted your wedding dinner?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually, that was more than a decade ago. I'm now divorced. The restaurant was known as Lucky Restaurant then, later changed ownership and now known as Fortunate Restaurant. So I have no personal connection with the boss anymore, don't ask me for introduction to waive deposit and specially attentive service. :wink:

Incidentally, it's still an opposition friendly restaurant. It hosted WP 50th anniversary dinner and RP inauguration dinner. :smile:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IreneYeoh said:
That's the most clear headed comment on this topic I've seen so far.

Now you know that an ex-cop who knows the law is not so bad after all.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hai... Why waste $$$ getting married?

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. aiyoh!
2. it takes 2 to tango leh.
3. why only the bride decides.

Man must respect woman's wishes and dreams. That's man's job. Man proposes marriage to woman, not the other way around. :wink:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man must respect woman's wishes and dreams. That's man's job. Man proposes marriage to woman, not the other way around. :wink:

That's right, and it also have to depend on what kind of woman that is and what she offers on the table. Or less metaphorically, bed. And if after a few years if those conditions could endure wear and tear.

Man can always change and multiply proposals or in some cases, don't even need to you know? :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I said let the woman decide because that's what she wants to hear. I always say that. All my ex-wife and ex-GFs would come up with all kinds of fantasy dreamlands. In the end, they have no idea how to go there and what to do there. If the man likes it anyway, can always go there with the woman. If not, there're a hundred a one excuses to change destination and the woman still feels good since you said let her decide first. Women can't read maps. All my past women ended up going with me where I wanted to go happily since they were clueless where or how to go. All they wanted to is hear, let them decide first. Let them hear it.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must have done something wrong to his ex-wife. Otherwise why divorced?

You're an ex-cop too? But cops I've come across look blur and never reason properly.

My dear Irene, I beg to differ...
Please do remember that in every organisation there are the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
There had been many good cops who from the past, who were truly apolitical and who helped the community to the best of their ability.
Examples of such cops were those that took much trouble by sitting long hours listening to disputing couples and whose good listening and communicative skills saved the marriages, thus giving hope to innocent victims (little kids).
The same apply to those cops that brought feuding neighbours togather as close friends once again, thereby enabling these people to live on as good neighbours thereby thwarting the possibility of the HDB seizing the homes on the grounds that such neighbours were "public-nuisance".
Then there were cops too who went all the way out to clear suspects, when they had "reasons to believe" that he or she was innocent, thereby preventing "any form of miscarriage of justice".
Sadly, these were the poor cops that did not get any testimonials, citations or promotions for their good work from the top. Nonetheless, they persevered with their noble work and earned their honourable and deseravable retirementbut. Many of them are still alive and maybe contributing to these forums.
There were also cops who took the easy way out by "advising" feuding couples to go to the the Family Court to dissolve the marriages, wasting no time to arraign suspects in courts and always waiting for the annual testimonials, citations and promotions. These is the HARD TRUTH...
Those good cops are still revered by the community as they have helped them in one way or another.
Similarly the bad cops are looked down upon for their selfishness. Many too are still around...
In conclusion, there were, there are and there will be many good cops not blinded by the power invested in them as police officers and who will serve with Pride and Loyalty, accomplising their mission without fear or favour.