• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chua Lik Ling TCJ wife

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It is what many of us skeptics witnesses especially those of us who attended church regularly for some time. I was deeply involved in church activities and had the privilege of being in the inner circle. Their faith remains unshakeable and during worship the congregation's covenant with their God is so palpable, one can just go with the flow. No doubt believers of any religion are very similar as some in my family are Christians of a different denomination.
It's an attempt to substitute repentance with service in the Church. It's devotion to service in the Church that makes a person appear devout, and the person is not just trying to hoodwink you [that he has a stake in Heaven], but also the God that he believes. Why ? It's because devotion to service is a much easier task than repentance. Unlike repentance, devotion to service does NOT entail honesty, courage and determination.

For example, if you are addicted to sex outside marriage, it's easier for you to put up a false front once a week for two hours at the Church than subjecting yourself to a sexual cold turkey all night long. With service, the inner will is untouched. By outwardly serving in the Church, you gain some recognition as a "God's servant", and that goes a long way to deluding yourself that you have a stake in Heaven. It's called "ownself bluff ownself; ownself save ownself". :biggrin:

Of course, one has to believe in sins, repentance and heaven for this whole idea to work. But this another subject for another day.
So, it's all about herd mentality, groupthink, strength in numbers, mutual assurance and support, with each whipping the other up into a frenzy in the process. It's also a great time to help forget and then subsequently whitewash the sins committed and sins that will be committed once they step out the door. If ever there was a hypocrisy detection device, it would go off the charts when placed in their midst.:biggrin: I conclude that church is merely a social thing, a place to hang out and something to do.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Maybe some ppl knows her as she maybe not s nice person also, look at tcj character, same flock together, all same lan jiao lang,
Not necessarily true all the time lah. Also can be opposites attract. Like I am such a sweet, wonderful, considerate person, but my two ex wives were evil cunts.:biggrin:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, it's all about herd mentality, groupthink, strength in numbers, mutual assurance and support, with each whipping the other up into a frenzy in the process. It's also a great time to help forget and then subsequently whitewash the sins committed and sins that will be committed once they step out the door. If ever there was a hypocrisy detection device, it would go off the charts when placed in their midst.:biggrin: I conclude that church is merely a social thing, a place to hang out and something to do.
I couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Being a devout Christian is about building an image, not unlike virtue signalling.:rolleyes:

I hope whatever perplexity that you may have is now fully resolved.:geek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abrahamic religions have three major stumbling blocks:

1) Their belief that time is linear.

2) Significant events of their faiths all happened in the Middle East area.

3) Their refusal to believe in impermanence i.e. the belief in an eternal hell and heaven.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an attempt to substitute repentance with service in the Church. It's devotion to service in the Church that makes a person appear devout, and the person is not just trying to hoodwink you [that he has a stake in Heaven], but also the God that he believes. Why ? It's because devotion to service is a much easier task than repentance. Unlike repentance, devotion to service does NOT entail honesty, courage and determination.

For example, if you are addicted to sex outside marriage, it's easier for you to put up a false front once a week for two hours at the Church than subjecting yourself to a sexual cold turkey all night long. With service, the inner will is untouched. By outwardly serving in the Church, you gain some recognition as a "God's servant", and that goes a long way to deluding yourself that you have a stake in Heaven. It's called "ownself bluff ownself; ownself save ownself". :biggrin:

Of course, one has to believe in sins, repentance and heaven for this whole idea to work. But this another subject for another day.
Aiyah.. in other wards, this Farker (literally) is just using Christianity religion as a false front to cover up his sex-addiction and to appear holy and decent to gain political mileage.

Christianity is the easiest stupidest religion to gain access whereby anyone can just attend a church, ask to 'accept' Jesus' and wham! become 'new-born' Christian.

It is also the only religion which allows its members to continually commit crimes with ZERO punishments. They just need to ask for forgiveness and they shall receive can le. The only unforgivable sin in Protestant Christianity is the 'blasphemy against the holy spirit' ( a ranjiao vague term which no one would be foolish enough to openly commit anyways, LOL) so for the rest of the crimes/sins like murder, rape, adultery, fraud etc. are all easily forgivable once they appear to confess and admit their sins, LOL.

There are zero means to detect hypocrisy or fake Christians etc. and any charlatans can just call themselves as Christians while secretly committing sins as long as they are not caught. Same thing with Catholism, which is why pedophilia perpetrators are so rampant.

Best part is, they can continually commit such crimes and continue to obtain 'forgiveness' as long as they confess and 'ask for forgiveness' LMAO.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah.. in other wards, this Farker (literally) is just using Christianity religion as a false front to cover up his sex-addiction and to appear holy and decent to gain political mileage.

Christianity is the easiest stupidest religion to gain access whereby anyone can just attend a church, ask to 'accept' Jesus' and wham! become 'new-born' Christian.

It is also the only religion which allows its members to continually commit crimes with ZERO punishments. They just need to ask for forgiveness and they shall receive can le. The only unforgivable sin in Protestant Christianity is the 'blasphemy against the holy spirit' ( a ranjiao vague term which no one would be foolish enough to openly commit anyways, LOL) so for the rest of the crimes/sins like murder, rape, adultery, fraud etc. are all easily forgivable once they appear to confess and admit their sins, LOL.

There are zero means to detect hypocrisy or fake Christians etc. and any charlatans can just call themselves as Christians while secretly committing sins as long as they are not caught. Same thing with Catholism, which is why pedophilia perpetrators are so rampant.

Best part is, they can continually commit such crimes and continue to obtain 'forgiveness' as long as they confess and 'ask for forgiveness' LMAO.
Maybe his god asked him to do it. There are many versions of the Christian god after all.

Last edited:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not interested in what the Bible says or the different interpretations from different denominations.

I was only speaking about the psychology of many Christians and their motivation for service (in the Church). It's very difficult to face your own "sins" (for want of a better word) as honesty is a quality that very few people possess. However, being in service creates the appearance that you have been accepted by the Church, and that acceptance means your sins have been forgiven.

By being in service, you practically bypass the phase of repentance to arrive at the advanced stage of acceptance by the Church and forgiveness by the authority of the Church, God Himself.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_20230723-191551_Chrome.jpg

After seeing this , lik ling going for overhaul soon. Enhancement in headlights and New coat of body spray.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
:eek: 2 ex wives ?
Bro u a player :cool:
no lah bro. More like I kena played. Twice! Before marriage, they appeared sweet, innocent, agreeable, eager to please. After marriage become bitches. Then after first child was born, they turned into witches. I very kor lian, now become cardboard picker.:cry::biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah bro. More like I kena played. Twice! Before marriage, they appeared sweet, innocent, agreeable, eager to please. After marriage become bitches. Then after first child was born, they turned into witches. I very kor lian, now become cardboard picker.:cry::biggrin:
U seems a happy person now , let the past stay in the past. Cheers! Enjoy the present more important. :biggrin::thumbsup: