• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHINA chinks are worse than ANIMALS ...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Ah Tiong society. Toddler got run over twice and no one cares

When I first browsed through it here, I couldn't possibly assume it's a security camera since if it is, how could the footage become public? Supposedly, there was a leak. Anyway, that's just side issue.

At the top left hand corner it says "Camera № 4". That alone tells you it's a security camera.

It became public because the footage was released to the media.

Are you pretending to be naive or are you really clueless regarding the ways of the world.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you pretending to be naive or are you really clueless regarding the ways of the world.

Admittedly, I'm clueless about how security cameras work. When I was NS SC, I was aware that there were CCTVs in lockup and various points all over station. I was also clueless what went on behind. The ones assigned to monitor and archive these were always regulars.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's stupid then cos at the end of the day you're a chinese. If a malay person that's hardworking for eg but says that malays are lazy then that's pretty stupid. At the end of the day he's a malay and it's even stupidier for him to say something bad about his race even if he doesn't engage in the bad thing that his race does.

If its true. its true. no need to cover up just because you belong to that particular race. I'm a Chinese too but I will not hesitate to criticise my own race if I notice some shortcomings amongst the majority of the chinese. How else do we improve if we keep burying oue heads in the sand? FYI, I used to hv a malay friend who often lamented that most malays are lazy. No... I dun think of him as stupid. He's just honest and observant.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

If its true. its true. no need to cover up just because you belong to that particular race. I'm a Chinese too but I will not hesitate to criticise my own race if I notice some shortcomings amongst the majority of the chinese. How else do we improve if we keep burying oue heads in the sand? FYI, I used to hv a malay friend who often lamented that most malays are lazy. No... I dun think of him as stupid. He's just honest and observant.

Yes..i agreed too.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spot on.

If one urges you in the name of race to sweep your warts and dirt under the carpet; reminds me of school days when your own gang of 'friends' taunts you for getting As whereas most them could not manage above Cs.....they simply wants to drag you down to their level of low life.....No different from saying that as a Chinese you should not be kinder soul than the rest of Chinese.

But there is also another political dimension to keep playing the race card.Because it is the biggest singular vote bank.Monarchy played the God given rights by keeping their population ignorant and uneducated.Today politicians gain by advocating certain race to fall in along certain line.

Our forefathers came to this land to break that strangle hold on the so called cultural imperialism;alike the USA.And built a brave new world.USA had indeed had succeeded by denouncing the old for new......but we Sinkies in the name of race are slipping way way down.

Do remember that Sinkies among the overseas Chinese are known to be naive and innocent which actually reflects on our kinder nature; we are more compassionate .However,we are told to tow by "Asian values' by our political masters.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shocking video...

To the innocent toddler & her parents, I share your pain.

God bless the toddler & her parents.

May those who viewed this video or get to hear about this most unfortunate incident love your children more.

Angel.jpg

Last edited:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is the shit Confucian principle of taking humility to the extreme and putting down the individual. The critical flaw is that it discourages critical thinking and the whole society becomes a mess if there are a few rotten apples within since the entire community will slowly degrade to the lowest common denominator of behaviour.

I'm not sure whether it is because of the teachings of Confucius that led to these peculiar way of behavior. Many of the common people do not actually know about Confucianism..i fact they know more about Christianity or folk beliefs than Confucianism.

Some guess that the absence of religious beliefs lead to such negative traits but i do not think so. In fact, among the chinese, people with religion made them even worse. In traditional chinese society, religion do not really play an important role in society as people look with disdain on religious people. For centuries, there are tales and stories of evil taoist or immoral buddhist priests and recent chinese history has shown christianity to be just as bad if not worse.

I was puzzled when the elderly mentioned of conversion to Christianity as "jia kao" or 吃 教 which is literally means eat the religion. It was later through explanation from them as well as from history that i know western missionaries in the 19th century lured chinese to convert to christianity by offering benefits, eg food, rice,power. Converted chinese christians thus were better off materially and many used this on their fellow chinese. Those who converted were given food while those who do not were subjected to hunger and even beaten. The Taipings, and later christians like warlord Feng Yu-hsiang and even chiang did not go down well with ordinary chinese for their ungodly actions.In recent years, overseas ethnic chinese or Korean christian missionaries from spore, hk and others used these unethical methods too, but subtlely.And some christian churches even fought with each other over getting new converts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jul/08/china.jonathanwatts
Christian sect leader guilty of killing rivals in China

I guess chinese society for reasons unknown are clannish and divisive. They based their identity and belonging more towards their own clan(based on dialect,surname, clan etc) than on the "Chinese" as a uniform race. This explain why there were hokkien-teochew,cantonese-hakka,or hainanese-cantonese riots in early singapore. There was an absence of an identity of a collective China or national chinese identitiy. So, a chinese from say Fujian will be seen as almost as alien as a Indian or Malay by a chinese from Guangdong....with the formation of a chinese republic,there was a better national realisation that all are zhongguo ren but the age old divisiveness still lingers. Fights invloving villages over land has again become common in recent years, reminiscent of pre-communist China.

I think for the sad incident of the little toddler, passersby do not seem to care as the child is just "others'. To the chinese who are always very pragmatic, it does not matter as the chinese population is so big. There is a cantonese saying that" if i cannot even take care of myself, how can i take care of others'...far from being community-minded, the chinese are very selfish and individualistic in certain sense.with a lack of social responsbilities. They may behaves extremely well in their own clan but not outside of it.

In the past before 1949, the chinese have at least certain ethics brought about by nominal taoist or buddhist religions. The fear of a taoist hell of punishment and a Buddhist recarnation has somewhat cushion their negative traits, at least in some way. After 1949 ,esp during the cultural revolution where all these "superstitious feudalistic" thinking were destroyed, even these small cushions were removed. The communists campaign of communal living and self-sacrifice such as the Lei-Feng Campaign was temporary as Maoism faded from chinese society.

Today, without a traditional religious ethics or communist morals, chinese society goes back to the originality of a dog eat dog world where the strong takes on the weak and where everything is based on monetary value. The Communist party worries very much and thus exhorted values like building a harmonious and compassionate society based on Confucianism and in certain terms ,chinese Buddhism. Thus CCTV , the People's Daily and the State media often protray such "anti-social" acts on national media so as to inculcate at least some conscience among the chinese people.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2097153,00.html

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 2 drivers should be 枪毙 :mad:

The passerbys who can be traced from the video should be 无期徒刑 :mad:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not sure whether it is because of the teachings of Confucius that led to these peculiar way of behavior. Many of the common people do not actually know about Confucianism..i fact they know more about Christianity or folk beliefs than Confucian.

Pls read this book--'The Ugly Chinaman and the Crisis of Chinese Culture'--by Bo Yang.

The author is a Chinese intellect.English version is available in Amazon.

Bo Yang argues the filth goes centuries back.A long period of repeated stultification within Chinese society---a combination of repressive leaders,a static social system and a reverence of doing exactly what your ancestors did.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not sure whether it is because of the teachings of Confucius that led to these peculiar way of behavior. Many of the common people do not actually know about Confucianism..i fact they know more about Christianity or folk beliefs than Confucianism.

I hate religion crap as well. My point is that there are a few inherent critical flaws in Confucian theory. The most critical one is that it belittles the individual for the sake of upholding the community. There is nothing wrong with sacrificing for society. The error is in not recognising the value of the individual. This is because to do so will certainly incur the wrath of the emperors and ruling class. Just as in there is nothing wrong in having a strict hierarchy, the problem is that there is no mechanism to challenge those above you without repercussions.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spot on.

If one urges you in the name of race to sweep your warts and dirt under the carpet; reminds me of school days when your own gang of 'friends' taunts you for getting As whereas most them could not manage above Cs.....they simply wants to drag you down to their level of low life.....No different from saying that as a Chinese you should not be kinder soul than the rest of Chinese.

But there is also another political dimension to keep playing the race card.Because it is the biggest singular vote bank.Monarchy played the God given rights by keeping their population ignorant and uneducated.Today politicians gain by advocating certain race to fall in along certain line.

Our forefathers came to this land to break that strangle hold on the so called cultural imperialism;alike the USA.And built a brave new world.USA had indeed had succeeded by denouncing the old for new......but we Sinkies in the name of race are slipping way way down.

Do remember that Sinkies among the overseas Chinese are known to be naive and innocent which actually reflects on our kinder nature; we are more compassionate .However,we are told to tow by "Asian values' by our political masters.

I somewhat agreed that Singaporeans are kinder and innocent and almost naive when directly compared to the mainlanders. A PRC friend remarked that even Taiwanese and Hongkongers are considered gentler and more "softer" than those from the mainland.

To her, she thinks the politics play a part in the differences. The chinese in Singapore/M'sia and HK were colonised by the British and in a way were given western education and thus were influence, no matter how small, British/western culture. Taiwanese she feels has been deeply influenced by Japanese culture as a Japanese colony for 50 years.

I'm not sure whether she is right though.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I somewhat agreed that Singaporeans are kinder and innocent and almost naive when directly compared to the mainlanders. A PRC friend remarked that even Taiwanese and Hongkongers are considered gentler and more "softer" than those from the mainland.

To her, she thinks the politics play a part in the differences. The chinese in Singapore/M'sia and HK were colonised by the British and in a way were given western education and thus were influence, no matter how small, British/western culture. Taiwanese she feels has been deeply influenced by Japanese culture as a Japanese colony for 50 years.

I'm not sure whether she is right though.

haha, not 100% right! Under ROC, no culture revolution.Culture remain intact.Under Communist, culture revolution.Most of the tradition moral almost vanished in China!This is the real differences!!!

中國的寶物都在文革毀掉了
[video=youtube;p63xt5AlahY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p63xt5AlahY[/video]

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

found this excerpt regarding Nanking Massacre - looks like the Chinese didn't help themselves, rather the foreigners were helping. Chiang, the ruler withdrew, leaving Nanking to Japs.

And I can guess there were Chinese traitors who sold out fellow Chinese (much like SookCheng in Singapore some years later).

Disclaimer: i am not promoting this book or whatsoever, just so happened to find out more abt this book and found this para relevant to this topic.

Back in the 1930s, when my friend's father immigrated here from China, he found himself short $20 to get through customs. The man behind him in line gave him the money. This first experience of generosity in a new land stayed with my friend's father all his life, and became a family legend. Making it all the more memorable was the fact that his benefactor was Japanese.The history of Chinese-Japanese discord is long. Ha Jin's remarkable new novel, "Nanjing Requiem," treats one of the most infamous and horrific examples, the six weeks of the second Sino-Japanese War that became known as "the rape of Nanjing."
In December 1937, the Japanese Imperial Army advanced on the then-capital of China. "Generalissimo" Chiang Kai-shek, realizing defeat was inevitable, withdrew, leaving Nanjing to be defended by untrained soldiers, many of them terrified country boys. The city collapsed like a landslide. During the Japanese invasion and initial occupation, hundreds of thousands of Chinese -- actual numbers remain in dispute -- were tortured and murdered. Tens of thousands of women, including the elderly and very young, were raped. Pillaging and arson ravaged the city.
Numerous writers have documented the horror of those weeks, including Iris Chang in 1998's "The Rape of Nanking: the Forgotten Holocaust of World War II." Chang counters stories of atrocity with those of foreigners who took heroic risks to save lives, most particularly the German businessman John Rabe. He chaired the Safety Zone Committee, establishing and directing a supposedly neutral section of the city.
Rabe was a Nazi. That his bravery and good intentions are beyond dispute adds yet another fascinating layer of complexity to this period when Europe was poised on the precipice, and Communist guerrillasgrew increasingly active in the Chinese countryside.
For this novel, Jin tells still another story, that of the American Christian missionaries who saved thousands of Chinese lives. The heart of "Nanjing Requiem" is Minnie Vautrin, a woman from Illinois who became known as "the Living Bodhisattva, the Goddess of Mercy." Jin draws on numerous sources, including the extensive diaries of both Vautrin -- whom he calls Minnie throughout the novel-- and Rabe.
He writes in the fictional voice of Anling Gao, Minnie's right hand and best friend. At first, her dry, sometimes awkward narration is jarring, seeming to break that cardinal rule of fiction writing: Show, don't tell. Yet as the relentless horrors pile up, Anling's "iron mouth, tofu heart" come to feel almost necessary.
The two women open the gates of Jinling Women's College, where Minnie is dean, to women and children refugees. Within days, they are sheltering and feeding 10,000. The college may be in the Safety Zone, but soldiers raid repeatedly. Despite Minnie's brave resistance, the invaders abduct and rape and, in one incident for which she blames herself all her life, the men round up dozens from the compound to become prostitutes forthe conquerers.
Jin grew up in China during the Cultural Revolution and served in the People's Liberation Army as a teenager. He was a student at Brandeis University in 1989 during the TiananmenSquare massacre, and decided he couldn't return. Ever since, he has written in English.
A decade later, his poignant novel "Waiting" won the National Book Award. It opens with the slyly comic sentence: "Every summer Lin Kong returned to Goose Village to divorce his wife, Shuyu."
That humor, and any hint of lyricism, is purged from this new work, as if Jin is doing penance in memory of the countless lives destroyed. Stark as it is, the book's cumulative effect is profoundly moving.

Vautrin's sacrifice, Jin writes in a foreword, has haunted him. It's his hope that this testament to her compassion and humanity "might put her soul at peace." Amen.

Last edited:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not unfair to say the Malays and Indians are more willingly to lend a helping hand than the chinese. Many chinese do not want to get involved which is their natural mindset. A female friend recalled her predicament during a tyre burst along a road(near a market) when she has just passed her driving test few weeks ago. she asked passerbys but no one wanted to help..Finally a Malay uncle came over and helped her change the tyre and even gave her some tips on how to change it herself in the future.

oh please. why dont ask your your wife and daughter to go to the land of malays, get a flat tyre there and see whether the malays come to help or rob them. they'll probably get raped too but make sure its close to night time so that the chances are higher.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hate religion crap as well. My point is that there are a few inherent critical flaws in Confucian theory. The most critical one is that it belittles the individual for the sake of upholding the community. There is nothing wrong with sacrificing for society. The error is in not recognising the value of the individual. This is because to do so will certainly incur the wrath of the emperors and ruling class. Just as in there is nothing wrong in having a strict hierarchy, the problem is that there is no mechanism to challenge those above you without repercussions.

Yes....i share your view.... There are always some who see the flaws and wanted change but their voices often drown out admist the majority who not only do not but also belittles them.

jw5

Loyal

Saw a news report of the parents sobbing when they were showed the video clip.
Where were they and how did the child end up lying on the road in the first place? :mad:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's a security camera you twit. :rolleyes:

In case you haven't seen one before, it looks like this.

It's attached to a wall not a person.

ROFL I didn't know Forvendet was actually such a twit. I wonder if screwball would bring this up in future. That arse did it countless number of times.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Look i don't mind if it's true but the point of the matter is how do you know it's true? FYI chinese make up the majority over here. Even if you see 100 helpful malays and 100 helpful chinese that doesn't mean that there are equal numbers of helpful malays and chinese. Plus the other matter is talking bad about other races is forbidden. Not in here but in other places like hwz for eg. Anything bad about malays and the person actually risks a police report. The pt of the matter is ppl like you meet one nice malay or non chinese for eg and then say all malays are good ppl. Yet judge the chinese entirely opposite. How many times have you heard this before on forums such as this and elsewhere. I have a few "insert malay or some other race" friends and they are nice to me therefore all malays are nice people. I cannot count the literal thousands of times i have read biased statements such as this for these ppl to generalize ppl from a race.

At the end of the day it's summarized up like this. You see a few kind hearted non chinese = all ppl from that race or community are kind hearted. Meet a few black hearted chinese ppl = all chinese have black hearts and if said person making commentary happens to be chinese somehow stereotype that he makes doesn't apply to him.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I didn't know. I don't follow Chinese media. Thanks but there's no need to say twit.

You don't have to "follow" any media. The camera angle and the stability of the image make it pretty obvious to almost everyone. That's why you're a twit.

Fool tries to cover up by saying he doesn't follow chinese media but the fact of the matter is a security camera video whether taken in china or the US are exactly the same.

When I first browsed through it here, I couldn't possibly assume it's a security camera since if it is, how could the footage become public? Supposedly, there was a leak. Anyway, that's just side issue. Call me whatever but I'm still quite shocked that such thing could happen. I don't know what to say. If I go on a tirade against Chinese morals and civility, I'll be bombarded with vulgarities by defenders of the Chinese faith that it's a Chinese matter, nothing to do with other races.

Admittedly, I'm clueless about how security cameras work. When I was NS SC, I was aware that there were CCTVs in lockup and various points all over station. I was also clueless what went on behind. The ones assigned to monitor and archive these were always regulars.

Tries to change the topic talking about chinese this and that when the subject is on his stupidity for not being able to tell that it's a security camera video. Giving the excuse that he didn't know how cameras work cos during his NS time he didn't get a chance to operate them sounds even dumber. It's like someone saying he doesn't know how to drive cos during his NS time he wasn't a driver. WTH. I doubt most of us here operated security cameras during our NS time but we sure were able to tell that's footage taken from such a camera. I wonder why.