• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CHINA chinks are worse than ANIMALS ...

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ah Tiong society. Toddler got run over twice and no one cares

It's not unfair to say the Malays and Indians are more willingly to lend a helping hand than the chinese. Many chinese do not want to get involved which is their natural mindset. A female friend recalled her predicament during a tyre burst along a road(near a market) when she has just passed her driving test few weeks ago. she asked passerbys but no one wanted to help..Finally a Malay uncle came over and helped her change the tyre and even gave her some tips on how to change it herself in the future. She noticed there were alot of onlookers though. They were the same chinese uncles that walked away when she asked their help initially. Another incident involved my granny. She told how she fell down during a walk & and were bleeding. A kind Indian man asked her what happened and helped her to a bench nearby . By then a group of onlookers were gathering around her and they were all chinese. They seems to be contented just watching the commotion. When the man asked for a handkechief to stop the bleeding, all the onlookers walked away and watched at a further distance instead.

I remembered looking at a old photo of Japanese soldiers beheading chinese prisoners in WW2. Pictured of several hundreds of chinese onlookers made me wonder why they can just stood there watching as their compatriots are beheaded by just a handful of Japanese soldiers. No wonder the Japanese dared to massacre them in large numbers later in the war because they knew the chinese are just afraid of the Japanese.

I share your sentiments.

And I wonder at this phenomena !....why is it that way?Why are Chinese by nature the least helpful?

Is it cultural,is it for lack of religion,is it dogma or doctrine that is genetically written?.....I am baffled.We simply cannot blame it entirely on communism because many of us local Chinese behave exactly as bad.

But I beg to differ on crowd watchers.My experience is empirical.I had personally seen in Indonesia and in India huge crowds gathering at accidents who does nothing but watches.So I suppose Chinese doing the same could be not be exclusively Chinese.But what bothers me is this lack of individualism part in the Chinese psyche.Can they only act collectively?.....is that why PAP rules us for more than 50 yrs?.....And the very reason why communism survives in China whereas it's dead worldwide?

This really requires some in depth study.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal

there are one billion of dem or more....wat is one/2

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng says, "simply bochup attitude lor - boh wah eh tai jee mai chup!":biggrin:

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retribution will arrive to this fxxking cb prc van driver!

So sad, my heart so pain, tears also dropped.
Hopefully the kid is alright.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem in China is that are many staged "accidents". If you go over and help, suddenly the family claim you are the perpetrator and want to sue you for $$$in court. Thus these days, most PRC in big city just close their eyes and walk off. Plus I think the child in the video might be one of the rural migrants wondering around the street.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is because in China you can get sued for helping others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/08/chinas-good-samaritans-count-cost

China's Good Samaritans count the cost of their altruism
Declining morals blamed for culture in which helpers often end up paying compensation

reddit this
Tania Branigan in Beijing
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 8 September 2011 17.44 BST
Article history

Nanjing: an elderly woman from the city who had fallen accused a bus driver who had stopped to help her of knocking her over and demanded money. Photograph: China Photos/Getty Images
China's Good Samaritans are weighing the cost of helping others after high-profile extortion attempts from people they have aided.

Commentators have blamed declining morals, high healthcare costs and inadequate laws for the scandals, warning that many people are now too scared to aid strangers for fear they will end up paying compensation or hospital fees.

In one widely reported case, an elderly woman who had fallen in Nanjing accused a bus driver who stopped to help of knocking her over and demanded money. He was cleared thanks to CCTV footage, reportedly prompting a run on video equipment in the area.

Fewer than 7% of 20,000 respondents in an online survey by Hong Kong-based Phoenix Television said they would stop while driving to offer help. More than 45% said they would turn a blind eye and 43% said they would help only if there was a camera.

Last week an 88-year-old man in Hubei died of suffocation due to a nose bleed after passers-by ignored his collapse. Only when relatives arrived, 90 minutes later, was he taken to hospital.

The soul-searching has been fuelled by new guidelines from the ministry of health, urging people to consider the circumstances before rushing to help old people who have fallen over. Officials stressed they were concerned about inappropriate treatment that could exacerbate injuries, but many saw it as a warning to helpers.

"What people need is apparently not technical guidelines, but the country and government's efforts to save morality, perfect the law, and promote social justice, fairness, economic development and income balance," wrote Liu Peng in a commentary on the People's Daily website.

An editorial in the Southern Metropolis Daily suggested that the government should set up a fund to pay for the medical treatment of old people if no one can tell who caused their accident.

Tan Fang, who has launched a foundation offering legal support to helpers who find themselves in trouble, warned: "Social morality has become imbalanced and has declined. There is also too much negative news, which makes the elderly tend to believe people who in fact help them are bad people, even though they might not remember clearly."

Tan, a professor at South China Normal University, added: "Governmental bodies need to promote a harmonious and moral atmosphere. Secondly, legislative bodies should investigate some cases and provide courts with correct guidelines. The third thing, I think, is to seek legal action against people who frame those who help them."

No one has been punished for fraudulent claims, in part perhaps because offenders are usually poor and elderly. Some may have been genuinely confused or simply desperate for money to cover medical fees.

In a 2009 paper on the phenomenon, anthropologist Yunxiang Yan pointed out that police and judges frequently demanded that the helper prove his innocence, while the extortionist was not required to provide witnesses or other evidence.

In one notorious case, a court ordered a Nanjing man to pay more than 45,000 yuan (£4,400) to an old lady whom he had taken to hospital. The judge argued it was common sense that he would not have gone to such trouble unless he had caused her fall.

"Gradually, helping a stranger is coming to be regarded as a mindless and silly act, instead of compassionate or heroic," noted Yan, of the University of California, Los Angeles.

He speculated that increasing social inequality might make the poor feel they needed the money more than their wealthier helpers. But he added that younger or middle-aged people were also more likely to help, because they tended to hold more universalistic moral values, while older people were more hostile to strangers and felt their duties were towards people within their social network.

Friedman also mentioned for freedom not to act.

[video=youtube;q84y08nu74I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84y08nu74I[/video]

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are many staged accidents around the world. Even in the states for claiming insurance purposes. But any dumbfuck can see that this isn't a stage accident.
I mean the kid was crushed a few times. It's very sad to watch the video.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I mean the kid was crushed a few times. It's very sad to watch the video.

Don't worry. There are 1.2 billion of them. One less isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't worry. There are 1.2 billion of them. One less isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

I concur, its just 1 chinese kid out of 1.2 billion.

少一个不少, 多一个不多

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal

BTW I am Chinese and always stopped to help. When I asked passerby for assistance, Chinese are the first to siam. Once in Geylang main road, a Indian worker got knocked down lying on the bus lane bleeding from head and not one ah beng helped. I have to block him with my motorbike from oncoming vehicles and waited for police car. Poor bugger was crying thinking God must have deserted him.

Once I crashed on a road due to road debris and and a kindly Indian stopped and gave me first aid. The rest of those who are chinese before him are just gawkers. I give one ah beng my mobile to call ambulance and that cheebye suddenly forgot how to dial 999.

You must understand Chinaman mentality, always worrying about mafun if get involved. The poor child damn suay. Accident in front of a shop spilling over with goods. Everyone one thought it is another piece lying around, even the shop owner handled it like one, then shout about asking who is the child parent. Total bohchup. Can't be helped. Born in a race with a fucked up culture.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is she died? it was so sad, i did not watch the whole clip. so much suffering at such tender age.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PRC society...u lucky no one come and rob u of ur valuables before leaving u for the dead.

bck to the point - helping.

sometimes, its not that we dun want to help, it could be:

a) unsure how to help
b) dunno how to help

imagine u see someone drowning, u jump inside n save him? U can swim but r u trained in water rescue? What if both of u died after?

another scenerio, u see someone suddenly genna heart attack, what u do? Call 995 & after? Give CPR? U noe how to give CPR? I can say many dunno. Another question, what happen if you give CPR n he died becos you gave wrongly? U become murderer?

someone lied injured on the road, u called ambulance, what else can u do? U dare to risk him by shifting him - note: u dun noe what injury he has. Prolly, wat one can do, is to direct traffic, divert from the person, fan him, give water...but many times, many felt unsure how to help, so stand n gawk loh

And to make things worse, there are stupid programs like Gotcha that makes fun of situations like this, people ask - hey r they filming or am i on Gotcha.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
life is damned cheap....you die your business...soon, this will happen here right in this shithole...just look around..people don't care anymore...the only thing they care is $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Showed this clip to a PRC at my place and he told me that sometimes if u go down and help a gang would grabbed you and blame you for injuring the child and demand you to pay a sum thats why sometimes nobody dares to help.