• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao - Hope From a Distance

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason forums like this exist is because it allows freedom of expression-so GMS is entitled to his opinion like everyone else.

I do not know the motive behind GMS's posting but at least he does not hide behind the cloak of anonymity.

As a man in the street the impression I have is that CSM has been too quiet-esp in parliament.
This could be due to the govt controlled main stream media not giving the necessary exposure to the opposition and is something that the WP should look at seriously to counter-otherwise the wrong image is created to the detriment of the opposition.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...all the pretentious self righteous forumers having the usual go at GMS....
if this thread is started by scroobye...the usual PLP will cum in to lick scroobye's balls to high heaven...

talk about cronyism....no where is it more obvious than in SBF...shiok sendiri.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

I have only one agenda in my whole political engagement, be it related to PAP or WP or otherwise, it is all about the transformation and development of democracy for Singapore.

Sad to say, when others are taking sides, they will tend to see things with tainted glasses and before they accuse others like me to be bias or with some "agenda", they should first examine their mind carefully. Are their brains too overcrowded with protective notion of what they chose to support?

While most people tend to say PAP or even PM Lee himself is just like the Emperor with clothes on, but most of the time, this applies to WP or opposition leaders and supporters as well. When a simple observation or indisputable fact has been pointed out, the irrationality will just explode in the air of defence.

A simple title like this can also be mistaken to be something else and all guns hang on their hips start to shoot. This kind of irrational fanaticism is really scary.

What I have written here are simply facts and direct conclusions. If other people want to draw their own conclusions, so be it. The world will not stop spinning if you think otherwise.

Goh Meng Seng

It is actually a very good post and provides an insight of what CSM is doing on the quiet on the ground. It does paint him well as his public performance for all qualities associated with him from the past has been dismal.

I found the insight on the quality of people that helps him very exciting. It suggest that he is indeed a draw card and he is working on the recruitment pipeline. It can only mean that we will see more quality candidates coming thru. Bodes well for WP.

Unfortunately when it comes GMS and the WP, it always carries an agenda and he has only himself to blame.

The party leadership and CSM dynamics is also a subject of interest.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Goh, when will you be conducting your MP mentoring workshop? Chen Show Mao must be the first one to sign up for it

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
这样明显的裂缝还需要任何人来离间吗?说貌合神离,是客气的说法。

陈硕茂能放下千万的生意不做而只甘心于做个小议员?以他的能耐,简直是大才小用。明眼人一看,就已经能知其中的问题了。这种事情,别自以为能瞒得了谁的。

自古领袖忌才,大能祸国,小则败事。只有善用人才者能兴邦强国。

吴明盛卑鄙小人。一方面捧陈硕茂,一方又说刘程强在压抑着他。离间计也太明显了吧。

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a man in the street the impression I have is that CSM has been too quiet-esp in parliament.

What is more important is whether WP is quiet or not, isn't it?

Because if CSM is making a lot of noise, similar critics will say the other WP MPs are quiet.

Either way, someone has something bad to say about WP. Heads you win, tails I lose.

Can't remember which joker who even said LTK performed better CSM when LTK hardly speaks and files lesser questions than others.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want a WP that starts to act like in can govern. Stop being nice to the PAP. Challenge the policies with vigour. Smack them in parliament.

You can't go to war against the PAP by being nice. I hope the WP is ready with the messaging for the 2016 GE.

ZaoBao

Alfrescian
Loyal
这样明显的裂缝还需要任何人来离间吗?说貌合神离,是客气的说法。

陈硕茂能放下千万的生意不做而只甘心于做个小议员?以他的能耐,简直是大才小用。明眼人一看,就已经能知其中的问题了。这种事情,别自以为能瞒得了谁的。

自古领袖忌才,大能祸国,小则败事。只有善用人才者能兴邦强国。

可惜不管我左看右看上看下看横看竖看,你吴明盛怎么看都像是疯狗丧家犬,一点都不像是人才。

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is actually a very good post and provides an insight of what CSM is doing on the quiet on the ground. It does paint him well as his public performance for all qualities associated with him from the past has been dismal.

I found the insight on the quality of people that helps him very exciting. It suggest that he is indeed a draw card and he is working on the recruitment pipeline. It can only mean that we will see more quality candidates coming thru. Bodes well for WP.

Unfortunately when it comes GMS and the WP, it always carries an agenda and he has only himself to blame.

The party leadership and CSM dynamics is also a subject of interest.

I second that
Why so many jerks baying for his blood? Nothing wrong with hitting WP or whoever did him wrong.......I do that & so is it their entitlement to hit back!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post 2011, you have at every opportunity put the knife into WP - Yaw's case, Ceiling cleaning, Town council accounts etc. It hard not to have a jaundiced eye when it comes to your view on WP. It will probably take quite a while to get rid of it.

Here is your issue - too obstinate to admit that you have taken the wrong position and thus continue on the wrong path. Remember Tan Kin Liang, the hot favourite and yet only one to lose his deposit, remember the 2 bye elections where you felt that the voters are no longer with WP etc.

Dear Scroobal,

I have only one agenda in my whole political engagement, be it related to PAP or WP or otherwise, it is all about the transformation and development of democracy for Singapore.

What I have written here are simply facts and direct conclusions. If other people want to draw their own conclusions, so be it. The world will not stop spinning if you think otherwise.

Goh Meng Seng

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post 2011, you have at every opportunity put the knife into WP - Yaw's case, Ceiling cleaning, Town council accounts etc. It hard not to have a jaundiced eye when it comes to your view on WP. It will probably take quite a while to get rid of it.

Here is your issue - too obstinate to admit that you have taken the wrong position and thus continue on the wrong path. Remember Tan Kin Liang, the hot favourite and yet only one to lose his deposit, remember the 2 bye elections where you felt that the voters are no longer with WP etc.
hahaha....this post cumming from you, scroobye, is classic...
do you want me to list down here how many items you have to remember????
truly retarded.....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the way white horse MP Cedric Foo cornered him about the White Paper policy during a recent Parliamentary sitting. He look stumped and out of depth. I may agree that he is a high flying lawyer. When it comes to the rough and tough of politics. He is still an infant. Conducting business and politics are 2 different matters altogether.

In the end, BIG brother LTK step up and ask the PAP MPs to read the stance WP has on the WP's web side.

LTK still has to step up and lead his man. Kudos to this man !

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of us have come to the conclusion that his makeover is such that he is not suited for an adversarial style of politics which is what you see everywhere. He contribution will have to come from elsewhere. It will tough on him as he was painted to be something else and it is hard to put the genie back into the bottle.

I saw the way white horse MP Cedric Foo cornered him about the White Paper policy during a recent Parliamentary sitting. He look stumped and out of depth. I may agree that he is a high flying lawyer. When it comes to the rough and tough of politics. He is still an infant. Conducting business and politics are 2 different matters altogether.

In the end, BIG brother LTK step up and ask the PAP MPs to read the stance WP has on the WP's web side.

LTK still has to step up and lead his man. Kudos to this man !