• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Bye pastor trying to convert me at Orchard road

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contemporary scholarship puts the earliest writings of Mark to no more than 30 years after Jesus' death. That is not all. The epistles by Paul were written less than 10 years to the Corinth, Philistine and various churches.

On top of it, disciples were sending themselves to death and the church movement rose from the death of one "insignificant" man and a "lie". These signs indicate an unexplainable drive behind the movement.

What is not a fairytale? Atheism in the form of some cells popping out of nothing, joining together into a complex mechanism and calling upon complicated, unique eye mechanisms, ear mechanisms, heart mechanisms to join up and form one body?

Lastly, thank you for the video. I have watched hundreds of such videos and viewed hundreds of materials countering such claims. I am more inclined to believe the latter.

Jesus story written record appeared only after 80-90 years after his supposed death, the recognised history.
Can you name of one or two of the 'scholars' or rather the christian writers with no honesty?

There is an encyclopedia of bible errancy on the web. You are free to believe your church leaders,religion books, distorted version of history without questioning and counter-check other sources, but don't promote any stupidity or fairytale publicly.

If you are open-minded enough, watch this 10min video, then refute any point in it you are capable of.

[video=youtube;oTeopOdov-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTeopOdov-U[/video]

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more point. Hospitals are hotbeds for scamming pastors to operate. They know the chance of a dying person grasping the carrot stick is very high.

I had attended lighthouse service once at woodland a few years ago. A few friends and myself accompanied a friend who had some health problem for the healing service. The auditorium is very modern and can beat any concert hall and would appease any youngster. Standing at the stage front were people I believed are senior members, they dressed up like those working folks you normally see in shenton way. They looked very decent people. The healing service took place before the actual service. Those visitors with problems and illnesses moved forwards for the well-dressed and decent looking people to offer prayer on 1-1 basis. I remembered a tearing mother with an infant. The main service started with some filipinos singers singing christian songs accompanied by band.

Some videos were played on testimonies of people being cured by prayer healing. I remembered this naive looking lady said she had 6 wisdom tooth extractions, the first two were painful, the rest no pain. She believed her prayer was answered. So naive!

The end part, Rony Tan appeared. He dosen't look anything near decent was my first impression. He would subtly bashed catholic religion and other religions. He also mocked at Meet-the-people session. Can MP help you when you approached him with your problem, was the question he threw to the audience. He invited those guests who would want to accept Jesus to move forward and he said he would personally pray for them. Look like a snake oil peddler playing on emotional weakness, anyone sinking in the water would grasp on any carrot stick he can get hold.

I believe other smaller evangelical churches are also preying on circumstance problems and moment of emotional downtime to recruit members. The smaller churches have no concert, nice auditorium, music band or healing service are the differences.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
To promote a faith in public requires a level of confidence that the faith is true. Promoting it is not for self-gain, since there are none, but to share the way of salvation to others.

You are a pastor? Then try living your words, show your confidence to preach and convert some muslim tourists in Orchard Road. If the faith is true, don't need touting followers will come by themselves.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I went jogging in a the park, another joker came in to strike a conversation with me. I thought he was being friendly and exchange casual chit-chat with him. Suddenly, he changed topic and started to ask me if I believe in God...blah...blah. I told him off I am on superstitious and he still insists to evangelise me. I have to double my speed to get rid of this God botherer. Cheebye kia, spoilt my jog.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This morning I went jogging in a the park, another joker came in to strike a conversation with me. I thought he was being friendly and exchange casual chit-chat with him. Suddenly, he changed topic and started to ask me if I believe in God...blah...blah. I told him off I am on superstitious and he still insists to evangelise me. I have to double my speed to get rid of this God botherer. Cheebye kia, spoilt my jog.

You should have converted. If you die tomorrow, you are going to hell.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

You cannot run away! You are the chosen one! Someday you will knee down to him!

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had attended lighthouse service once at woodland a few years ago. A few friends and myself accompanied a friend who had some health problem for the healing service. The auditorium is very modern and can beat any concert hall and would appease any youngster. Standing at the stage front were people I believed are senior members, they dressed up like those working folks you normally see in shenton way. They looked very decent people. The healing service took place before the actual service. Those visitors with problems and illnesses moved forwards for the well-dressed and decent looking people to offer prayer on 1-1 basis. I remembered a tearing mother with an infant. The main service started with some filipinos singers singing christian songs accompanied by band.

Some videos were played on testimonies of people being cured by prayer healing. I remembered this naive looking lady said she had 6 wisdom tooth extractions, the first two were painful, the rest no pain. She believed her prayer was answered. So naive!

The end part, Rony Tan appeared. He dosen't look anything near decent was my first impression. He would subtly bashed catholic religion and other religions. He also mocked at Meet-the-people session. Can MP help you when you approached him with your problem, was the question he threw to the audience. He invited those guests who would want to accept Jesus to move forward and he said he would personally pray for them. Look like a snake oil peddler playing on emotional weakness, anyone sinking in the water would grasp on any carrot stick he can get hold.

I believe other smaller evangelical churches are also preying on circumstance problems and moment of emotional downtime to recruit members. The smaller churches have no concert, nice auditorium, music band or healing service are the differences.

you should see Rony Tan's office cum bedroom in the basement, so many mirrors you would think you are in some sorht of high class japanese or korean soupy body massage joint.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the chosen one! God chooses his disciples. Dun run away!!!

Face the truth man! Once you accepted Christ you have a place in heaven already. No quota is required.

The Grace of God is salvation, not a pyramid scheme!

Jesus is your only way out of loser life.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhism is even more outdated, because it has a longer history than the Bible. Buddhism has even more contradictions and errors! Like Buddha said he has to tell his parents because he had discovered something. That is desires he can do without. And worse, Buddha didn't claim he is God or even son of God. But Jesus said likewise.

If you don't follow Jesus, you are following SATAN! He is in front of you!!

Buddhists don't go round converting people. And Buddha said, don't take what he or anyone said as gospel truth. Only when you have ascertained that a certain teaching is correct by your own analysis and experience, then should you follow that particular teaching diligently. He never asked you to believe in things you can't prove or experience.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

You thought he wants to suck your cock right? So disssapointed!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhists don't go round converting people. And Buddha said, don't take what he or anyone said as gospel truth. Only when you have ascertained that a certain teaching is correct by your own analysis and experience, then should you follow that particular teaching diligently. He never asked you to believe in things you can't prove or experience.

If you can do everything and anything by yourselves, why do you need buddha or buddhism? You da god man!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can fight against conversion, its so easy to do. Dont do anything is easy. To really convert you really need courage. Do you have the courage to say yes? Now that is the real challenge!