• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changes to political system by next month

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
LEGISLATION was introduced in Parliament yesterday to make a number of major changes to the political system. If all goes according to plan, the revisions should become law by next month.

The legislative move comes some 10 months after Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced his plan to provide for more diverse views in Parliament.

The changes pave the way for greater opposition representation in Parliament, via an increase in the allowable number of Non-Constituency Members of Parliament (NCMPs) and the entrenchment of the Nominated MP (NMP) scheme.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/the+Straits+Times/Story/A1Story20100312-204081.html

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
cosmetic changes probably. pap know sgporeans kwai kwai will vote them in once new development shares and cpf top-ups are promise before ge, but issued after ge.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very soon they will change... New Singaporeans 1 voting chance. Old Singaporeans (stayed for more than 10 years) get 2 voting chance.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
if so, then the election will anytime after all these tweaks.

probably sometime in June - Aug period maybe?

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the PAP wants a strong mandate from the electorate they should have the bollocks to get rid of the GRC system. More NCMP or NMPs or anything else is just throwing smoke.
If they can't do this it means we have cowards sneaking into Parliament via the GRC.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that new. The old man once mooted the idea that older people should be given more votes as they are the ones who "think more rationally". :mad:

Yes the old man did mention it. I have posted this on another thread. Sorry I cannot recall where it is. He also played with the idea of polygamy.

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the PAP wants a strong mandate from the electorate they should have the bollocks to get rid of the GRC system. More NCMP or NMPs or anything else is just throwing smoke.
If they can't do this it means we have cowards sneaking into Parliament via the GRC.

Agreed. With the stupid new changes with regards to race the GRC system is now an even greater joke. Cowards who can perform is okay by me but useless dead wood who fuck up their job now that I have issues with.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
OLD MAN AND YOUNG MAN THINK I STUPID.

It is not the amount of NMP or NCMP. But the voting right or veto that the oppostion can cast if they are against a decision.

e.g support of IRAQ war

They are trying to con sinkie that there will be more alternative voices in parliment equal to more political freedom then they have achieve it.

If they want to win with respect than abolish the GRC.

I AM NOT STUPID

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yawn%20big%20funny.jpg