• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Cdc voucher 2024 $500 lai liao

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN you people better learn to be grateful. I have never received a single CDC voucher before. Only that 1 time NS100 voucher last year.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it becos pap NTUC wants to encourage sinkies to quickly finish the $250?
250/80=3.125 visits rather than spending $10 $20 per round?

It's better if sinkies quickly finish the $250. A dollar in hand is better than two in the bush. There are sinkies who forgot to spend all their CDC vouchers over the past few years.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because crediting money into bank accounts is too mainstream, you have to go through Singpass and a 'queue' system. :rolleyes:
I think is the kick when using it.
When we are given say $300 cash it seems little but when is in voucher $2 $5 form we can buy many times of makan at coffee shops and hawkers, feeling the sense of shiokness.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is it about??? Isn't this currency debasement??? Increasing the money supply = devaluing my savings and your savings (if one can understand the illusion of elastic currency that is). Isn't this as good as taking my money and then ring fence around it and put rules as to where I can spend my own money???

M3 Money Supply (July 2021) = 723,173.1 Mil
M3 Money Supply (Nov 2023) = 794,940.4 Mil
Increased: 74,767 Mil (10.338% Increased)

Source: https://eservices.mas.gov.sg/statistics/msb-xml/Report.aspx?tableSetID=I&tableID=I.1

in other words....here's $500 for you...and you just fucked yourself with the 100k u had in your bank account because 1 million households have the same $500 to buy up all the food and grocery supplies in the country, your 100k will buy much less things now.......

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's better if sinkies quickly finish the $250. A dollar in hand is better than two in the bush. There are sinkies who forgot to spend all their CDC vouchers over the past few years.
This is against the pap objective of giving the voucher. It is meant to offset incr in gst inflation etc and suppose to be spent wisely over a period of 1 year. If they spent it all within 1 or 2 visit later they will kpkb the incr in gst de woh.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used my last $10 CDC voucher on 31/12/2023 at about 9.30pm.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
$500 is one off, but the 1% increase in tax is permanent.

Have to say that PAP have been really heartless dogs to even impose this increase when prices are out of control.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recap that @ginfreely gansiokbin the slut whore cannot get cdc voucher de woh.

IMG_20240103_190407.jpg

:roflmao:

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
in other words....here's $500 for you...and you just fucked yourself with the 100k u had in your bank account because 1 million households have the same $500 to buy up all the food and grocery supplies in the country, your 100k will buy much less things now.......
Yes. KNN simple folks really is kena plunder until gao lat gao lat.... savings (not to mention the money kena lock up in CPF) losing purchasing power and still cheering happily lol...... kum gong kias.... The amount of financially illiterate people in this country is astonishing......
KNN you people better learn to be grateful. I have never received a single CDC voucher before. Only that 1 time NS100 voucher last year.
Grateful ji ki lan??? Really??? This kind of BS vouchers is inflationary and must be stop immediately.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Never redeemed any of mine, including the NS (SAFRA?) vouchers.

Daft Sinkies get so excited when some breadcrumbs are thrown at them from the thief who has been stealing from them all this time. :rolleyes:

Remember: a govt that is big enough to give you everything you want, is also big enough to take everything away.

A govt is not Santa, Fortune God or a benign, generous parent figure. Unless it has its powers limited with ample checks and balances, it is always by default your enemy. :cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
$500 is one off, but the 1% increase in tax is permanent.

Have to say that PAP have been really heartless dogs to even impose this increase when prices are out of control.

Last few years, the PAP also gave a few hundred dollars worth of CDC vouchers and U-save vouchers to cushion the inflation. So those vouchers are not a one-off thing.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last few years, the PAP also gave a few hundred dollars worth of CDC vouchers and U-save vouchers to cushion the inflation. So those vouchers are not a one-off thing.
How is the garhmen giving a few hundred dollars worth of CDC vouchers and U-Save vouchers to everyone going to cushion the inflation??? Can enlighten me???

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is the garhmen giving a few hundred dollars worth of CDC vouchers and U-Save vouchers to everyone going to cushion the inflation??? Can enlighten me???
more like control and contain you all in this island so the $ wont go jb

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Those vouchers are worth several hundred dollars a year, enough to cushion the increase in hawker food or groceries.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few things that I would like to highlight about this cdc vouchers.
It is per household so it is not easy for pap to give out cash as different household got different number of members.
Also becos of this, I encounter there are cases of family quarrels over the usage of the vouchers I. E who should own the voucher? We will think best is to share the link with family members. But in reality there are farkers of the family breadwinner who would not want to share it and wants to own it himself, reason being he is the breadwinner. And same time he is those farkers that doesn't want to provide for the house and very stingy breadwinner.

Also we should not buy expensive items eg a electrical item like a washing machine from ntuc xtra you will still need to topup cash to it. The voucher is meant for you to buy chip chip things to enjoy the power of these vouchers.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few things that I would like to highlight about this cdc vouchers.
It is per household so it is not easy for pap to give out cash as different household got different number of members.
Also becos of this, I encounter there are cases of family quarrels over the usage of the vouchers I. E who should own the voucher? We will think best is to share the link with family members. But in reality there are farkers of the family breadwinner who would not want to share it and wants to own it himself, reason being he is the breadwinner. And same time he is those farkers that doesn't want to provide for the house and very stingy breadwinner.

Also we should not buy expensive items eg a electrical item like a washing machine from ntuc xtra you will still need to topup cash to it. The voucher is meant for you to buy chip chip things to enjoy the power of these vouchers.
The fact that they give u voucher while trying to buffer the inflation that they created is itself a fucking joke. And then you here trying to explain the purpose of this voucher and family menbers fighting over it make it even sillier joke.