• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCB poodles stopping SDP for revealing the truth about ISA!!!

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1158170/1/.html

Police investigating SDP forum
Posted: 09 October 2011 1531 hrs

SINGAPORE: Police are investigating whether there has been a breach of the law in a forum organised by the Singapore Democratic Party on October 8.

The Ministry of Home Affairs, in response to media queries, said on Sunday that the organisers of the forum on the Internal Security Act had arranged for a fugitive from justice, Mr Francis Seow, and a foreign national, Ms Tang Fong Har, to participate in a discussion on domestic politics.

It said the organisers had arranged for them to do so from outside Singapore's jurisdiction, allowing them to be involved in domestic politics at a public assembly in Singapore without being physically present and accountable.

- CNA/fa

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Scroobal mentioned that Francis Seow and a bunch of Lawyers were recruited by the Americans to run for General Elections. Why not you ask bro Scroobal.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent Wijeysingha:

"And I returned home to the ludicrous news that the police are investigating the ISA forum yesterday. MHA is quoted as describing Mr Francis Seow as a "fugitive from justice" and Ms Tan Fong Har as a "foreign national". Let's see: Francis Seow went to Whitley Road Detention Centre to take instructions from his detained client, Teo Soh Lung, in1987 and was arrested and then held for 72 days and tortured. For no crime whatsoever. And HE's the fugitive from justice?? I was always aware that Teo Chee Hean had substandard English ad a poor grasp of logic but this is poor even for him.
And let's see some more: If Tan Fong Har is a foreign national, is it not because the government refuses to allow the renewal of her passport although she has never been tried and convicted in a court of law nor any evidence produced in 24 years since her arrest.

The police investigation of the event is designed to do two things: (a) intimidate the organisers and (b) belittle the words of the participants. Has this administration not learnt anything from the General Elections. People are weary of this ridiculous, ham-fisted, bullying style of government. We the organisers will not be intimidated and I daresay the participants' words will withstand the scrutiny of any inquiry, even one likely to be as incompetent as our police force is capable of mustering. Or perhaps they will torture us to produce a false confession? We will keep everyone on Facebook updated of the 'police investigation'; please copy to your own pages so that the government is not able to operate in secret the way it did with the detention of the 22 in 1987

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
VW should be smarter than that. He should not allow himself to be baited. He obviously was a handful during the recent GE and he will certainly get into parliament with a good party and he will be tremendous asset as an MP. Pointless taking on this govt on silly adventurism where your hands are tied behind your back and the only audience is the foreign gallery and NGOS.

He should continue taking shots at various policies across many ministries but leave this one alone. Its a bear trap. Francis Seow got arrested at Whitley when one of the detainees implicated him. They had it in writing and called a couple of lawyers to collaborate the allegation. This govt does not reveal anything until you step into trap and get sued.

Note how during the lawsuit against the foreign journal, old man tendered to the court secret documents in relation to the meeting with Gregory Chia.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VW should be smarter than that. He should not allow himself to be baited. He obviously was a handful during the recent GE and he will certainly get into parliament with a good party and he will be tremendous asset as an MP. Pointless taking on this govt on silly adventurism where your hands are tied behind your back and the only audience is the foreign gallery and NGOS.

He should continue taking shots at various policies across many ministries but leave this one alone. Its a bear trap. Francis Seow got arrested at Whitley when one of the detainees implicated him. They had it in writing and called a couple of lawyers to collaborate the allegation. This govt does not reveal anything until you step into trap and get sued.

Note how during the lawsuit against the foreign journal, old man tendered to the court secret documents in relation to the meeting with Gregory Chia.

Hot blood in the veins. Should learn from his father on how to keep cool. Passion without timing is aesthetically unpleasing and not beneficial.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
VW should be smarter than that. He should not allow himself to be baited.

I used to think that VW was smart. Changed my opinion after he wrote nonsense and twist his words about TCB in support of TJS. Where is the integrity? He can support TJS by all means, after all they fought in the GE as a team. But there is no reason for him to slam TCB when it is clearly uncalled for.

And you are right, he is walking right into a trap. Good luck to him.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to think that VW was smart. Changed my opinion after he wrote nonsense and twist his words about TCB in support of TJS. Where is the integrity? He can support TJS by all means, after all they fought in the GE as a team. But there is no reason for him to slam TCB when it is clearly uncalled for.

And you are right, he is walking right into a trap. Good luck to him.

Touch VW and the PAP will live to regret it. We are no more living in the shadows of the 60s. TJS is another they wont dare to touch.

Both are now too hot for the pappies to handle. They are not afraid of the scums. Even challenging the scums to come get them. Once the scums are trapped, extricating themselves wont be as easy as before.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A pity VW has no mentor to guide him politically. With CSJ and SDP, you will not find a more fatal combination. If only he was in WP, I am sure VW would be more politically savvy.

GMS: Care to give us your expert opinion?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
VM has a mind of his own. He does not need anyone to do the thinking for him.

What WP has achieved so far is bcos the scums-in-white have left them to succeed without much interference. They are only a shade better than the PAP. If the PAP is dark, WP is just greyer.

It is the fearless SDP that 'whiter-than-white' PAP loathes. These scums will monitor SDP with great intensity.

Even a PAP doggie like steffychute is here to keep watch!

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1158170/1/.html

Police investigating SDP forum
Posted: 09 October 2011 1531 hrs

SINGAPORE: Police are investigating whether there has been a breach of the law in a forum organised by the Singapore Democratic Party on October 8.

The Ministry of Home Affairs, in response to media queries, said on Sunday that the organisers of the forum on the Internal Security Act had arranged for a fugitive from justice, Mr Francis Seow, and a foreign national, Ms Tang Fong Har, to participate in a discussion on domestic politics.

It said the organisers had arranged for them to do so from outside Singapore's jurisdiction, allowing them to be involved in domestic politics at a public assembly in Singapore without being physically present and accountable.

- CNA/fa

stupid govt played into sdp hands again for free publicity. who gives a shit about the forum and nobody knew abt it until this police harassment.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Discipline discipline instead of being emo. As it stands the investigation after a couple of coffee's might not amount to anything, perhaps a forgettable warning or two. But the DNA of SDP and its supporters have always been to over react and scream persecution, though in this case this would in my view be at best petty harassment.

Francis is 83 , and like Fong very resentful and angry about what they suffered. Fong especially because she fled and can't come back as did Francis. Their campaign seems to have take a new life with Malaysia's abolishment of the ISA and I suspect likewise the death penalty if Malaysia takes the lead in this area to.

These issues have for the SDP and its supporters become non negotiable, iconic, the government as it stands evil, etc etc. Really no discussion possible with many of them. I know I was at that forum to.

Locke

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't they also investigate the Board of J P Morgan for interfering in Singapore politics??

J P Morgan discussed Singapore politics with Tan Jee Say

by Tan Jee Say on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 9:13pm

J P Morgan Asia Investment Trust is based in London and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. It invests in Asian companies on behalf of its shareholders. Its Board of Directors visits Asia regularly to talk to policy makers, opinion leaders and others in order to update its understanding of the politics, the economy and companies of Asia. On Thursday 6 October 2011, the Board invited me to lunch to get to know me, my ideas and the changing politics in Singapore. The Directors showed keen interest in the underlying reasons for the growing support for opposition parties and the emergence of high quality opposition candidates. They wanted to know if more of these highly qualified individuals will surface in future elections. I told them that we are seeing more and more successful professionals and businessmen coming forth to volunteer their services and expertise in the various parties. The signs are pretty good and "good for Singapore", they nodded in agreement as I shook their hands to thank them for their interest in Singapore and the wonderful lunch they had hosted. (I actually didn't eat much as they kept me talking throughout and I had to fill my stomach elsewhere afterwards.)

294605_178555458890404_124537044292246_372389_310625148_n.jpg
At lunch with the Directors of J P Morgan Asia Investment Trust - (Right to Left) Andrew Sykes, James Long
(Chairman), James Strachan, TJS, Dr Linda Yueh, Alun Evans and Ronald Gould.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't see myself as "expert" as MSM had tried to put some "political analysts" as such. But I do have my views on certain things.

I would like to use a comparison, quite apt. Someone has declared openly that I am just a "political activist" and would fade away in "post-LKY era". Apparently he doesn't really understand what "political activist" is and in this case, VW has demonstrated what an political activist actually means and does.

Politicians may or may not have strong principles on social justice, rule of law etc but even if they feel strongly about such things like anti-ISA and such, they would make due considerations of the political environment they are living in before they make these as the key issues of the day. Note, I am not saying such things are not important or could not be made into big political issues. Such issues have become important GE issues in other places, even in Hong Kong with regards to the Article 23. But in Singapore, it is not likely to be a key hot topic issue.

An astute and experienced politician like LTK in Singapore would avoid making anti-ISA as the key issue. But please don't jump into conclusion that LTK is not anti-ISA. He IS ANTI-ISA due to historical perspective. Just that he is NOT a "political activist" who will disregard political reality and go all out. He is a Politician and he would have to take the political inclination of his constituents into considerations.

This is a fine thin line between being political activist vs politician.

As for whether VW would be better off in WP instead of SDP, I don't think so. It is a matter of choice for people to choose between being political activist vs politician. Some wanted to walk on both lines but it is really not a viable path. VW, as I see him, is more than a up-righteous social-political activist and it is not surprising that he had chosen to join SDP.

Goh Meng Seng

A pity VW has no mentor to guide him politically. With CSJ and SDP, you will not find a more fatal combination. If only he was in WP, I am sure VW would be more politically savvy.

GMS: Care to give us your expert opinion?

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP has always been an opportunistic party. still, kudos to them for thinking up a video conferencing forum!

poodles of the old era would have stopped the SDP from holding the forum. why did they decide to investigate only after the forum? after the forum has been held, people can watch the forum thru youtube etc...

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IAn astute and experienced politician like LTK in Singapore would avoid making anti-ISA as the key issue. But please don't jump into conclusion that LTK is not anti-ISA. He IS ANTI-ISA due to historical perspective. Just that he is NOT a "political activist" who will disregard political reality and go all out. He is a Politician and he would have to take the political inclination of his constituents into considerations.

It's nice that you recognize that. Less than 99.9% of the population is affected by ISA.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You finally talk some sense. Between you and Vincent, you will have my vote.

Politicians may or may not have strong principles on social justice, rule of law etc but even if they feel strongly about such things like anti-ISA and such, they would make due considerations of the political environment they are living in before they make these as the key issues of the day. Note, I am not saying such things are not important or could not be made into big political issues. Such issues have become important GE issues in other places, even in Hong Kong with regards to the Article 23. But in Singapore, it is not likely to be a key hot topic issue.

An astute and experienced politician like LTK in Singapore would avoid making anti-ISA as the key issue. But please don't jump into conclusion that LTK is not anti-ISA. He IS ANTI-ISA due to historical perspective. Just that he is NOT a "political activist" who will disregard political reality and go all out. He is a Politician and he would have to take the political inclination of his constituents into considerations.

This is a fine thin line between being political activist vs politician.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for whether VW would be better off in WP instead of SDP, I don't think so. It is a matter of choice for people to choose between being political activist vs politician. Some wanted to walk on both lines but it is really not a viable path. VW, as I see him, is more than a up-righteous social-political activist and it is not surprising that he had chosen to join SDP.

GMS, this I must say you are so right. Just like James Gomes before him, VW will never stand WP's kind of politics. Its basically inaction and inertia in the face of a fast moving sinkieland. These two would jump into action as soon as they see sinkies being put down!

WP? Dun expect any changes in the way they do things. Francis Seow and Tang Fong Har can rot for all they care.

Arrest VW for speaking up for Francis Seow and Tang Fong Har? PAP wont be so stupid. Watch VW bites back!