• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can give way or not when i'm getting off the TRAIN!!!!

Rub&Buah

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more thing,not just only mrt.Even ppl going down the escalator cannot wait whether they are in a hurry or not.Going up i can understand,ppl trying to catch the train.

Everytime when i stand on escalator going down the station even during none peak hrs ppl always excuse,excuse then walk the way down.Guess wat they do next?stand around doing nothing or once out of the station walk very slowly back home:eek:

Why i know?cos i was walking the same direction with normal walking speed but still can overtake those ppl who rush down.

I wonder why this ppl doesnt want to walk the stairs(least ppl) if they like to excuse excuse down but choose to 'Kway Shio" with those just wanna rest thier feet a little while on the escalator??:confused:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was what i did once, when a punk actually stood in my way SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH OUT. I knocked him, he shoved me and said cheebye! Luckily i was quick to brush his hand aside, we almost came to blows. But he wanted to get on the train so didn't stay to fight.

I've tried to give way to alighting passengers many times, but guess what? The person BEHIND ME will cut me in the queue and squeeze in! So now i almost lean on the door, make some space for alighting passenger, and use my elbows to fend off anyone behind me trying to cut me. It's amazingly rude how they try to nudge and push my forward, but they'll get my elbow in their fat tummies.

Once, this guy stood exactly in front of me when I was about to alight. No allowance at all. So he received a hard, sharp shoulder barge. And that was that :p

jw5

Loyal
On the escalator, you can stand on the left. But you should walk up or down if you are on the right.
Those people who walk up or down the escalator on the right side and then later stand around or walk very slowly, are entitled to do as they please. It's not up to you to decide that they should stand on the escalator and later make up the time by walking faster. Then again, if they say excuse me when you are standing on the left of the escalator, you are also not obliged to move aside for them.

jw5

Loyal
angry one
I have no qualms about shoving or pushing rude or impatient people either.
But most of the time, I let it go, there are more important battles to fight. :smile:

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've tried to give way to alighting passengers many times, but guess what? The person BEHIND ME will cut me in the queue and squeeze in! So now i almost lean on the door, make some space for alighting passenger, and use my elbows to fend off anyone behind me trying to cut me. It's amazingly rude how they try to nudge and push my forward, but they'll get my elbow in their fat tummies.

This is classic man, i do the same as well n' get into the same situation as you mate. I'm gonna carry a stun gun next time haha, anyone who tries to do that will get an electric shock hahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now i almost lean on the door, make some space for alighting passenger, and use my elbows to fend off anyone behind me trying to cut me. It's amazingly rude how they try to nudge and push my forward, but they'll get my elbow in their fat tummies.

Hey sounds good, I'll do that the next time i use the train.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why this ppl doesnt want to walk the stairs(least ppl) if they like to excuse excuse down but choose to 'Kway Shio" with those just wanna rest thier feet a little while on the escalator??:confused:

Did those ppl resting their feet do it on the correct side of the escalator?
The right side ought to be left clear for people who want to walk, for whatever their reasons may be.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau eh, i'm really sick of this habit some of us have when it comes to boarding n' alighting the MRT.

Can the people of Singapore pls pls pls pls pls let the passengers get out of the train first before barging into the carriage!!!
Wah biang ou, Tolong la, pls don't let the Gahmen help us again to correct this attitude la!!
Later Gahmen will charge us again for helping Singaporeans correct bad habit.:mad:
in order to ensure that this problem is properly administered.... they should redesign the train doors.

instead of the current sliding ones, they should swing outwards. so, those idiots that like to pack for scrum will be taught a good lesson to "stand clear" & allow alighting passengers off the train 1st.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
in order to ensure that this problem is properly administered.... they should redesign the train doors.

instead of the current sliding ones, they should swing outwards. so, those idiots that like to pack for scrum will be taught a good lesson to "stand clear" & allow alighting passengers off the train 1st.

Very good idea :wink:

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was what i did once, when a punk actually stood in my way SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH OUT. I knocked him, he shoved me and said cheebye! Luckily i was quick to brush his hand aside, we almost came to blows. But he wanted to get on the train so didn't stay to fight.

Ha - I had an old auntie punch me in the back one time coz she thought I was waiting too long to let other people off the train before I got on... absolutely amazed - she could have qualified for contender asia... :smile:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
iinstead of the current sliding ones, they should swing outwards. so, those idiots that like to pack for scrum will be taught a good lesson to "stand clear" & allow alighting passengers off the train 1st.

*applause*

It's sad that it's gotta come to this though.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal

so he chickened out or u chickened out....just say...u so nice find excuse for him??? if hot already and got balls can wait another train..fight first la..both chickened out?

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good idea :wink:

*applause*

It's sad that it's gotta come to this though.
its basic common sense that the ppl alighting must get out, so there'd be space for commuters boarding. sad to say, alota sg commuters belong to the category of - excuse brains.

there've been many occasions (while alighting) when i get shoulder charged by idiots rushing into the train. quite honestly, i think it'd be good to just use a blaring horn to blast into the faces of the idiots who dunno how to make way for alighting passengers. though i believe would be all the more effective if pepper-spray was in use instead

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
next time ppl rushing in or out, give them a cross line.

another thing is ppl are almost paste their face on the door liao but nvr u know behind u is a huge hectare of space where u can lie dwn n slp too.
or all other cabins are almost empty but there is one cabin will be fully packed becuz the nxt stop they alight is the escalator.

nb, nxt time must shout to them SIAM LA.
"hao gou bu dang lu".

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 4.5 Million people: Competetive minded civillians. Kiasu-nism.
What about 6 Million people? We would be dead.

When there is 6 millions ppls.......! The MRT will say due to more demand of train service, there need to buy more trains. Than operation cost go up.... fare increase. In the end you just pay and pay and pay and pay.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
When there is 6 millions ppls.......! The MRT will say due to more demand of train service, there need to buy more trains. Than operation cost go up.... fare increase. In the end you just pay and pay and pay and pay.

How come everything they say operation cost go up end up profit increase instead. :confused: