• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can give way or not when i'm getting off the TRAIN!!!!

jw5

Loyal
donjuandemarco
I would suggest that you read my thread regarding taking on or letting live.
We can't fight every battle with every one in life, it will be too energy sapping and time consuming.
I'm not telling you to be subservient, but do pick your battles very selectively. Do what I do, look into their eyes and at their body language. If the ah soh or the young kid just wants to get in quickly to get a seat or she is afraid the door closes on her, let it go if she has a placid look in her face and a lack of aggressiveness in her eyes.
But if you meet someone who is rude, obnoxious and aggressive, by all means take them on with all you've got. :smile:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually i'd let it go if it were an auntie, elderly or kid. The ones who'll get something are the young foreign workers. At times i wish i wasn't a young man - if you were an old lady you can basically smack and yell at anyone who crosses you and they'd be embarrassed to hit back.

donjuandemarco
We can't fight every battle with every one in life, it will be too energy sapping and time consuming.
I'm not telling you to be subservient, but do pick your battles very selectively. Do what I do, look into their eyes and at their body language. If the ah soh or the young kid just wants to get in quickly to get a seat or she is afraid the door closes on her, let it go if she has a placid look in her face and a lack of aggressiveness in her eyes.
But if you meet someone who is rude, obnoxious and aggressive, by all means take them on with all you've got. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Usually i'd let it go if it were an auntie, elderly or kid. The ones who'll get something are the young foreign workers. At times i wish i wasn't a young man - if you were an old lady you can basically smack and yell at anyone who crosses you and they'd be embarrassed to hit back.
angryone
Fair enough. May the best (strongest) man win.
But not just the FTs, there are also some very kwai lan local young punks around.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
common sense - easier said than done.
especially during those period hours,this type of situation is the worst.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
tatz y 1 of s'porean's dream is 2 own a car.....but the cost of itz getting higher.....so have 2 bear with our world class transport system......

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only world class thing about our transport system is that it is making record profits for SMRT and the bus companies..:mad:

not to mentioned ERP which is raking millions everyday..:mad:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering the size of our country and the need to control the car population, S'pore has done well to ensure that its public transport serves majority of the populated areas.

I think more Sporean need to go abroad to experience the quality of public transport in order to make a better comparison and appreciation of what is available to the public.

Definitely there are room for improvement and that is what the authority us doing after feedback from commuters. However, we do have to be realistic in our quest for a perfect public transport system.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have been 2 japan & taiwan.....i must say that japan public transport is much better than s'pore.....taiwan though lose out coz u have 2 wait darn long if u miss the bus.....

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
donjuandemarco

Yeah Jw5, Ah Soh n' young kid ok la, but it's the others la. Then again, if the Ah Soh teaches the young kid to get in quickly everytime the train doors open, won't the kid grow up with the same mentality? :(

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
From that time onwards I gave a loud yell 'EXcuse...!!!!!!"with a stern voice to those atteping to rush in some immediately siam aside feeling ashame but there is some still very buay paiseh just cheong in.Maybe i should try banging or swinging sling bag like wat other bro mention here to wake thier F*cking idea up.:rolleyes:

If you have shouted "shiooooo", think many would have siam you, the Singapore style.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah Jw5, Ah Soh n' young kid ok la, but it's the others la. Then again, if the Ah Soh teaches the young kid to get in quickly everytime the train doors open, won't the kid grow up with the same mentality? :(
Agree with this 110%... it's up to us to teach our kids. Then over time things will improve.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats is problem of our society, everybody dress smart, dress decent, ppl like to bully n push. if your face is like this, nobody dare to touch u.

<object width="255" height="206"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5DHub7cPpQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5DHub7cPpQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="255" height="206"></embed></object>

jw5

Loyal
djd
I agree, poor upbringing of children is the main reason why our society is so rotten today. The parents behave badly in front of the children and even condone bad behaviour by the children in public, that's why the children grow up to be so inconsiderate and disrespectful.
I had to laugh when the government wants to give incentives for more babies. They need to get on the ground and look at the spoilt brats running around. Incentives should be given for good behaviour and upbringing, not more spoilt brats.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public transport, I am glad that I have no part in it........ I am still happy driving my lorly..... Every day some ungracious morons are creating the some moronic scene, having the some moronic attitude, and displaying some moronic behavior:

1. dash for the seat
2. eat and drink inside the public transport
3. block the door way
4. refuse to give way
5. talk loudly on their mobile phones
6. refuse to give up the seats meant for the disadvantaged
7. Worst, pretend to sleep
8. treat the train cabins as their play pens or pig sty
9. shopping bags occupy additional seats
10. yawn, cough, and sneeze without covering their mouth.

Damned !!!