• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can give way or not when i'm getting off the TRAIN!!!!

molly

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people are all rushing for seats.

The government should perhaps have seatless cars so there will be no rush to get in. :biggrin:

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn the tiko who touched my colleague's butt this morning while she tried to alight from the train...i kena scolded since also sinkee man :mad:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
this kind of rushing is caused by the train drivers eagerness to close the train door

i remember last time.....alot of pple aligning ...before those outside have a chance to get inside...the bell signalling the door closure is already up and pple waiting to get in panick. As a result, pple now dun care just rush in.

So not entirely due to pple fault.

it is the MRT fault

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i recalled i worked in suntec. knock off time boarding train at city hall station, wa biang if u cant push n squeeze, u have to wait for another train, yet the next train i also cant board.

machiam like play ruby or america football, once the mrt door opened, all cheong against each other. all like no common sense sia, if u dun let the passengers to alight first, hw u going to board the train ah?

sumtimes i lean against the wall waiting, look ard not much ppl.
train arrived, wa lau, dunno where other ppl jump out from, suddenly so many ppl almost fucking the mrt door.:eek:

still not end, peak hour, train sure super packed, yet got ppl still wan to read ur newspaper. bring home n read la.
if bring home n read, the newspaper will short of few words meh...haiz...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe should change the tMRT train design, make it 5 door/train or carriage as in HK. More efficient to have 5 door than SMRT have only 4 door. But there will be fewer seat.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd like the idea of having a left side for exit only n' right side for boarding only system. Then again, if they were to build additional platforms for this idea to work, it'd cost SMRT $$$, which in turn would cause a fair increase.

Haiz, better to play rugby with fellow commuters eh :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take your mobile phone high up and pretend to take a video clip and commenting "This is good for me to show the ugliness of Singaporeans who do not understand basic courtesy"

I did that once, and everybody automatically gave way. :p

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
when u complain to MRT staff..they also LL..and not doing anything...f*** them...

don't u know? sporer is a lan lan country. everything also lan lan. pap govt wanna shaft our kar cheng? lan lan. pap govt raise GST? we the people lan lan.

therefore, this country is a lan lan country.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau eh, i'm really sick of this habit some of us have when it comes to boarding n' alighting the MRT.

Can the people of Singapore pls pls pls pls pls let the passengers get out of the train first before barging into the carriage!!!
Wah biang ou, Tolong la, pls don't let the Gahmen help us again to correct this attitude la!!
Later Gahmen will charge us again for helping Singaporeans correct bad habit.:mad:

S'poreans will never do things graciously or voluntary without the threat of fines/punishment or stopped by some mechanical device.

The only way to alleviate this problem is to build uni directional turnstiles on the platforms facing the MRT door openings automatically controlled eg 15 secs clockwise direction for going out of MRT only and then 15 secs anti-clockwise for people to go in before doors close and train leaves.

It would be impossible for people to rush in when trains first open the doors as the turnstile won't turn in the direction for those attempting to rush in.

A mini traffic light system (red/green) on each side of the turnstile would indicate to commuters when moving through the turnstile is possible. Red light means cannot enter, green light means proceed.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
luckily ur not SMRT or LTA.. sure die

The solution is extreme only because S'porean crass behaviour CANNOT be dealt with another other way. The status quo would be commuters rushing into the MRT and those inside rushing out at the same time.

There are many examples of S'porean ungracious behaviour using public transport. Clogging up the entrances of buses/MRT, sleeping over many seats on the MRT, placing bags on seats in the MRT, coughing without covering their mouths etc etc. One can even feel the droplets of saliva landing on one's arms and face.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
eat lots of onion, gather power while in train, let go a big one when alighting. nobody dare to come close to you within 3 metres diameter.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government should perhaps have seatless cars so there will be no rush to get in. :biggrin:

Gov't have considered that lah

A few years ago gov't considered taking out the seats to make room for more standing passengers. They dropped the idea because of feedback from public.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm.. there is one place where people will just Q up nicely when the train arrives and all the passenger are alighted before the pple in Q will board the train nicely, gracefully, and yes even in peak hours. Can you guess where that place is?

กรุงเทพมหนัคร Krungthep Mahanakorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't care lar, just push you way in or out. Nobody will dare to say or do anything, they will only complain to their friends or on internet forums or STOMP.

Rub&Buah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahah.. You can stand living among them? That is how your govt control sinkie.

Hmm.. there is one place where people will just Q up nicely when the train arrives and all the passenger are alighted before the pple in Q will board the train nicely, gracefully, and yes even in peak hours. Can you guess where that place is?

There is actually 2place.1st that come to my mind is bangkok as i had seen & experience in myself.Ppl there are so discipline & no need to even teach or be remind.There was once my friend whose arms was bandaged took the bts(aka our mrt)The person who gave up the seat to him was a man in his late 50s.:eek:

The other one is japan.

Both no rush even during peak hours.

Singaporean especially certain groups of aunties & ladies really kiasu.i was push back once unable to go out as the door also close so fast during peak hrs.Have to alight next station then do a u-turn back to the previous station.

From that time onwards I gave a loud yell 'EXcuse...!!!!!!"with a stern voice to those atteping to rush in some immediately siam aside feeling ashame but there is some still very buay paiseh just cheong in.Maybe i should try banging or swinging sling bag like wat other bro mention here to wake thier F*cking idea up.:rolleyes: