• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can any Mediacorpse actor act like this ?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The standard of Japanese dramas started dropping after they introduced the concept of "Pretty Boys". Taiwan was quick to copy whatever Japanese, and introduced F4 into the fray. And not long after, they started casting these pretty boy singers in dramas and movies.

Yes, the Japs started the Bishonen (美少年)which started in the '70s in manga and anime, then spread to J-Pop and movies and dramas. Taiwan picked it up, and now the Koreans are the front runners with their Kkominam (flowery pretty boy) culture.

The best Korean actors are from the pre-Kkominam era - Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Bae Yong Jun, Choi Min Sik, Lee Young Ae, Choi Ji Woo. Most of today's young K-Pop idol/actor/singer can neither act nor sing nor dance. 100% of the females have plastic surgery; about 90% of the males too. It's all about packaging and churning out group after group according to the same formula.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, I wonder why this ASSWIPE is commenting on TVB shows,,,he has always attempted to counter my every positive comment on Cantonese stuff,,and I doubt he can speak Cantonese too,,,and most likely he watches those TVB shows in Mandarin, where the essence of the show is lost,,so that why he say boring etc,,so I stand by my point that those who know nothing should jolly well keep their mouths shut.

I for one still enjoy TVB shows till this day,,there are a few bad series but the overall quality is much better than what Singkieland, Ah Tiong Land and Hokkeins in Taiwan can produce. Even Taiwanese and Hokkeins dont even watch taiwan production...

Agree that TVB serials have come down from the '80s and '90s. There are some gems though, like Triumph in the Skies, War and Beauty, Gem of Life. Also some of the Republican-era period dramas like The Last Steep Ascent and No Regrets are very good but not widely publicized. Scripts are still well-written, but some of the plots are getting predictable. Their short series and comedies are still very good though.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another reason why Singkieland shows will never pick up is due to the PAP. The PAPPIES frown on anything that criticises them. So all shows have to be political correct. And no body even knows what PC means in the PAPPIE context as the pappies keep moving the goal post. I give one example, the spore tv series PCK...when it first started,, singkies enjoyed it, it was funny and had a singaporean humour and appeal to it. Than Wooden criticise the show says it promotes singlish, makes people speak bad english etc etc. Than the show got toned down till it was crap to appease the pappies. The reason for the bad english is spore method of teaching english got from bad to worse, it had nothing to do with bad tv,,,a proper educated singkie can 'code switch' between singlish and english and it will never interfear with writing proper english etc,,,how come the next generation cant even tell the difference??

Also do not forget, in the 60s, Singapore had a developing media industry where dialects etc was a part of the singaporean culture and identity than pap came up with those speak mandarin garbage and everything went downhill from there. + also things need to be Politically correct,,,

[video=youtube;SyOolXuNrH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyOolXuNrH8[/video]

True. The post-war influx from Shanghai and the mainland gave HK a headstart.

But Singapore could have done a lot better, given the amount of money and effort put in from the '80s onwards. Korea was nowhere when we made The Awakening (1984); its first regional hit serial Jewel in the Palace came out only in 2002, then Winter Sonata in 2003 which started the Korean Wave (Hallyu). See where the Koreans are today, barely 10+ years later, and where we stand.

The key reason is the lack of freedom of expression, not just in politics but also in the arts and culture. Other factors include our stifling educational system, the lack of govt support for the arts, the heavy-handed censorship here. Old fart once famously said that art and sports don't contribute to the national GDP!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is an ATV serial and is the unofficial sequel to 大时代. Eventhough ATV series are like 2nd rate tvb shows,,its still light years ahead of what singkieland and taiwan has created,,,sad that ATV has gone under,,so to all the frens here please watch if u can as its free and got singkie actress in this show too,,,,

[video=youtube;Vpk54SnImn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpk54SnImn4[/video]

This show started a stock market phenomenon.....
Ding Hai effect....dun play play

If you like this show I recommend you 黄金十年 and 世不低头
Classics

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is another link for the ATV series,,

[video=youtube;uCnP4vH9e2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCnP4vH9e2E&spfreload=10[/video]

[h=1]世纪之战(粤语版) 第2集[/h]

This is an ATV serial and is the unofficial sequel to 大时代. Eventhough ATV series are like 2nd rate tvb shows,,its still light years ahead of what singkieland and taiwan has created,,,sad that ATV has gone under,,so to all the frens here please watch if u can as its free and got singkie actress in this show too,,,,

[video=youtube;Vpk54SnImn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpk54SnImn4[/video]

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is another link for the ATV series

oi yuet lam zai lei loh moh kew lei zho ho yan ah

[video=youtube;OyKoJKhXI20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKoJKhXI20[/video]

Nanyue001.png

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another reason why Singkieland shows will never pick up is due to the PAP. The PAPPIES frown on anything that criticises them. So all shows have to be political correct.

Absolutely. It's all part of the tyrannical censorship system in place for all works of film and art. And OOB markers with perpetually shifting goalposts. How to cultivate creativity with so many barriers in place?

My friend working in Mediacorp listed some of the OOBs for TV dramas - no anti-govt slogans, no depiction of ministers or civil servants or police officers accepting bribes, no sex, no homosexuality, no covert or overt criticisms of PAP policies, no graphic violence, no depiction of corrupt judiciary ...

If HK were to abide by the above rules, they'd never have produced an Infernal Affairs (or The Departed) or Black Heart White Soul or The Killer!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cantonese shows r the best.....

The golden period was in the 80s....when ATV ruled over TVB with this and 天蚕变. Those days the main theme songs were 绝世经典. The China TV series title 步步惊心 was shamelessly taken from this song's lyrics.

[video=youtube;paT9GI4WVIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paT9GI4WVIU[/video]

姜大卫 was the definitive 曾静.

zengjing.jpg

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another reason why Singkieland shows will never pick up is due to the PAP. The PAPPIES frown on anything that criticises them. So all shows have to be political correct. And no body even knows what PC means in the PAPPIE context as the pappies keep moving the goal post. I give one example, the spore tv series PCK...when it first started,, singkies enjoyed it, it was funny and had a singaporean humour and appeal to it. Than Wooden criticise the show says it promotes singlish, makes people speak bad english etc etc. Than the show got toned down till it was crap to appease the pappies. The reason for the bad english is spore method of teaching english got from bad to worse, it had nothing to do with bad tv,,,a proper educated singkie can 'code switch' between singlish and english and it will never interfear with writing proper english etc,,,how come the next generation cant even tell the difference??

Also do not forget, in the 60s, Singapore had a developing media industry where dialects etc was a part of the singaporean culture and identity than pap came up with those speak mandarin garbage and everything went downhill from there. + also things need to be Politically correct,,,

[video=youtube;SyOolXuNrH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyOolXuNrH8[/video]

Don't like it when you mention pck.

This half shit skin racist vomit singh who is half chinese and married a pure chinese hates the chinese but somehow wants to stick with them rather than his singh heritage. I wonder why.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes this Vomit sing is a hypocrite, just like Vivian the ministar,,however half breed shit skins have a lack of cultural identity so they just grab what they can,,,but i was just using PCK as an example,,at one time its soo cool to say 'Dont Pray Pray,,,etc but unfortunately it ruffled Wooden's feathers,,so things change to accomodate the pappies whims and fancies,,,

Don't like it when you mention pck.

This half shit skin racist vomit singh who is half chinese and married a pure chinese hates the chinese but somehow wants to stick with them rather than his singh heritage. I wonder why.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun count on being like the hongkies.....we can be a bit like mudlanders good enough liao...........they at least got bersih......we got pathetic hong lim park

Alamak why you display crab in a bucket syndrome? That is you try to project your own loserish traits to the rest of the singaporeans. It's like this. Typical fellow with crab in a bucket mentality: I cannot accomplish this or that, i'm ugly or a loser etc so the conclusion is every else from the same country or race as me is just like me. In the US many asian americans would act like this. Cannot get chicks or ang moh chicks for example blames his own race and then of course judges everyone from his race the same as him.

No just speak for yourself don't speak for anyone else.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this Vomit sing is a hypocrite, just like Vivian the ministar,,however half breed shit skins have a lack of cultural identity so they just grab what they can,,,but i was just using PCK as an example,,at one time its soo cool to say 'Dont Pray Pray,,,etc but unfortunately it ruffled Wooden's feathers,,so things change to accomodate the pappies whims and fancies,,,

oi hor ji ming hai lei loh zho kung ming tiew lei loh zho tung yan um hai lei loh zho lei dim zho ah

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let me tell you these fucking half breeds will stick with chinese BUT insult chinese people, culture because chinese are more accepting unlike their shit skin side.

It's also due to the lack of racial awareness among chinese who will just accept these shit skins and their BS shennigans and nonsense and think that they are "cute"

Compare this to other communities like the shit skin singh, tamil etc. They are much more racist and racially aware and it's allowed and only chinese get blamed but still i blame the many chinese in singapore to be not racially aware and allow bastards like shit skins vomit singh and vivian who hate chinese people and culture but want to marry them and hang out with them all because chinese people are more tolerant of them and can take their nonsense unlike their indian sides. Seriously speaking assholes like vomit and that nigger vivian seem to be going towards the chinese side but somehow still hate their chinese side despite being treated better compared to their indian side. If there were more proud racially aware chinese these types of fuckers wouldn't be around.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please support your local stars instead of sucking the cocks of HK artistes!

zoe_tay_swallows2.jpg