• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis crystal, I can't rem where I seen your post abt the TT to developer using raffles money changer at Jp.
I went to check with them, they say no limit to TT to developer and no charge if above $10k RM. BUT the rate depend on the TT time, so if I issue a cheque to them, after next day then they will TT to developer using the next day rate....is this what you encounter also? Or u used cash to TT.

its in this thread .

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?108048-Exchange-Rates-for-RM/page50

I usually use cash for TT , Mingchye has done cheque and he shared in the thread too , please look thru

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
SkyLoft construction status on 11 feb 13.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 345

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can always take lift . Don't need to climb up or down . Whereas if u staying in landed property which is at least two storey then u need to go up and down , good exercise for all .

I like to come home with car park in front house. Easy to access. Can plant tree, flower, can put a swing chair enjoy greenary, can hold gathering outside the house, play fire cracker outside the house.

Last edited:

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SkyLoft construction status on 11 feb 13.

Happy new year to all!!!

Is it my eyes or the pictures? Building looks very slightly jagged/slanted.

They have 1 year and 5 more months to complete else got money take liao....

Last edited:

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
the skyloft construction seems fast to me as compared my singapore ppty,they take ages to complete maybe its because its near to school,the expected skyloft TOP will be somewhere next year July 14?Its a mixture of feeling,wants it to complete early so can enjoy it but on the other hand installment will kick it,cash monthly 1K+ sing dollar and not forgetting Maint fee :(

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to come home with car park in front house. Easy to access. Can plant tree, flower, can put a swing chair enjoy greenary, can hold gathering outside the house, play fire cracker outside the house.

yes, definitely.

I think a lot focused too much on the "benefits" for condo/apartment.

but they may have neglected the risk/negative side of it...

if want to name it... there are tons of them (purely personal opinions)
1) difficult to move house, due to restriction of lift size etc.
2) difficult to bring home stuff from supermarket etc... car cannot park in front of house like landed
3) maintenance fee is high monthly plus the sinking fund as well.
it is nice to have facilities e.g. gym equipment, swimming pool etc. but they are just simply too difficult to maintain, also most people are inconsiderate. they may not take care of all these facilities..
when time goes by, all these nice facilities will become old, spoiled, dirty etc. it costs a lot of money to maintain them well in long run.
4) due to the high maintenance fee, it is hard to ensure all residents pay the fee. eventually part of the residents will pay for those who do not want to pay...then they will feel unbalance, eventually cannot sustain due to the lacking of funding, all the facilities will just simply turn bad. it is difficult to sustain in long run.
5) apartment/condo unlike landed property, it need high level of cooperation from all the residents. without good management and also importantly good residence, when the apartment/condo turns old, facilities turn bad, the resale value also dropped, if seriously bad, resale maybe even a big issue. It is easier for one to take care of their own landed house.
6) rental yield maybe high, but was offset easily due to the lower capital appreciation as well.
and there are many many more....

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
the skyloft construction seems fast to me as compared my singapore ppty,they take ages to complete maybe its because its near to school,the expected skyloft TOP will be somewhere next year July 14?Its a mixture of feeling,wants it to complete early so can enjoy it but on the other hand installment will kick it,cash monthly 1K+ sing dollar and not forgetting Maint fee :(

how much you bought the unit for skyloft? unit size - how many rooms and sqrft? how much is the maintenance fee per mth?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, definitely.

I think a lot focused too much on the "benefits" for condo/apartment.

but they may have neglected the risk/negative side of it...

if want to name it... there are tons of them (purely personal opinions)
1) difficult to move house, due to restriction of lift size etc.
2) difficult to bring home stuff from supermarket etc... car cannot park in front of house like landed
3) maintenance fee is high monthly plus the sinking fund as well.
it is nice to have facilities e.g. gym equipment, swimming pool etc. but they are just simply too difficult to maintain, also most people are inconsiderate. they may not take care of all these facilities..
when time goes by, all these nice facilities will become old, spoiled, dirty etc. it costs a lot of money to maintain them well in long run.
4) due to the high maintenance fee, it is hard to ensure all residents pay the fee. eventually part of the residents will pay for those who do not want to pay...then they will feel unbalance, eventually cannot sustain due to the lacking of funding, all the facilities will just simply turn bad. it is difficult to sustain in long run.
5) apartment/condo unlike landed property, it need high level of cooperation from all the residents. without good management and also importantly good residence, when the apartment/condo turns old, facilities turn bad, the resale value also dropped, if seriously bad, resale maybe even a big issue. It is easier for one to take care of their own landed house.
6) rental yield maybe high, but was offset easily due to the lower capital appreciation as well.
and there are many many more....

In addition, I think for most Singaporeans, landed = prestige. These are the reasons why I opted for landed instead of condos, even though condos are more enjoyable when everything is new and the view is better.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought the skyloft unit at rm624,000(before discount)unit size 1214sqft high floor - 2bedroom with 1small study-maintenance fee I'm not sure thou,thus psf is rm514 can be slighlty less aft discount,bought it due to its location,beside shopping centre :smile: ,if converting RM514 to Sing its about $205 per psf.Cant even get resale HDB flat at this PSF.

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
exactly, why given choices, still dai dai must stay in pigxxn hxxe.....

Given your analogy, there won't be so many sell out project, some even before official launch.

Many who want a simple and better lifestyle, and a taste of staying in a scary foreign land ( to some ) the condo is probably the best way to start out.

You spent 200k for 1214sq ft, equivalent to a 5 room flat here but with full condo facilities. Walk to a major mall with wide varieties of food at half the price in Singapore. during long weekend, drive to malacca, KL or genting, eat, shop, gamble or going on a jungle trek to burn some calories, play a game of. Golf, visit a waterfall to feel the therapeutic effect of the fall etc.....In Singapore many choose get squeeze in one of the mall or queuing for some food in a hawker, food court or restaurant....:smile:

Of course, the one thing that I must agree is the lacking in security that will be long long way for them to catch up. If one does not having school going children, with some vigilant and common sense you eventually enjoy a better quality of life at a much lower cost. work less, play more.....:smile:

Last edited:

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought the skyloft unit at rm624,000(before discount)unit size 1214sqft high floor - 2bedroom with 1small study-maintenance fee I'm not sure thou,thus psf is rm514 can be slighlty less aft discount,bought it due to its location,beside shopping centre :smile: ,if converting RM514 to Sing its about $205 per psf.Cant even get resale HDB flat at this PSF.

I am your neighbour...:smile:

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi neighbour,I bought skyloft quite late tik back in 2011,thus got myself a high floor unit facing the highway, hopefully it's not to noisy, cause I felt crazy to pay so much higher if the unit were facing the park, love the location of the project, juz beside a shopping centre,PGL waterfront is like 1.6 psf, thus tik it would nt be wrong.
Why not landed, my reason is, this project is beside a shopping centre ,thus it's location appeal to me, I though it's security will be better than landed, only 1 door to secure, less upfront cost from developer Setia and reno cost as compare to landed,wonder how much will it cost to do up like the showflat?
Hope to catch up with u during key hand over

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi neighbour,I bought skyloft quite late tik back in 2011,thus got myself a high floor unit facing the highway, hopefully it's not to noisy, cause I felt crazy to pay so much higher if the unit were facing the park, love the location of the project, juz beside a shopping centre,PGL waterfront is like 1.6 psf, thus tik it would nt be wrong.
Why not landed, my reason is, this project is beside a shopping centre ,thus it's location appeal to me, I though it's security will be better than landed, only 1 door to secure, less upfront cost from developer Setia and reno cost as compare to landed,wonder how much will it cost to do up like the showflat?
Hope to catch up with u during key hand over

Condos weakest link is e common areas e.g. lift n car park. Recent incident at a condo outside HH highlighted this point.