• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS: NSP's STEVE CHIA QUITS CONTEST IN MACPHERSON SMC DUE TO SMEAR CAMPAIGN

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: BREAKING NEWS: NSP's STEVE CHIA QUITS CONTEST IN MACPHERSON SMC DUE TO SMEAR CAMP

NSP has no choice. If SC didn't quit now, more shit will surface. Yap Yew Weng must have heaved a sigh of relief.

And if NSP persist to contest in Macpherson, WP and other parties will have justification to enter Tampines, Sembawang, Pioneer etc...Cut loss now is a wise move, but damage already done. NSP won't win anything this time or in the future.

Closing shop is the best option for them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: BREAKING NEWS: NSP's STEVE CHIA QUITS CONTEST IN MACPHERSON SMC DUE TO SMEAR CAMP

NSP has no choice. If SC didn't quit now, more shit will surface. Yap Yew Weng must have heaved a sigh of relief.

And if NSP persist to contest in Macpherson, WP and other parties will have justification to enter Tampines, Sembawang, Pioneer etc...Cut loss now is a wise move, but damage already done. NSP won't win anything this time or in the future.

Closing shop is the best option for them.

Not sure abt the rest but WP wont try their luck in Tampines, S'wang etc. They did not 'invest' there and knows there is no point to attempt when they dun have the right people.

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal

And look at the opportunistic GMS taking a swipe at WP.

GMS.jpg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the battle is on !

One look and you know who is the right one. Teenagers, even teenage mums should behave like one. Leave the serious matters to adults. Children to be seen but not heard.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So what's the reason for his withdrawal? He hasn't got to the point. Online abuse or smear campaign was cited by news reports but all he did was to put up a fake site impersonating him. From what I remember he isn't so thin skinned.

A flip-flopper doesn't need much of a reason to do anything. Yes he isn't so thin-skinned. He survived the backlash from his nude maid pictures back in 2003, which was 1000 times worse than some fake internet site giving half-baked information. My bet is that he was playing the fool from day one, felt that the online backlash against his MacPherson candidacy was not fun to deal with anymore, and so withdrew.

Ting Ru now has a decent chance of taking the ward. I wish her all the best.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will NSP candidates for Sembawang and Tampines GRC quit the contest as well?

Will we see other opposition parties moving into Sembawang and Tampines GRC?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Steve Chia taught us a lesson on how to screw your own party by spinning round and round.

NSP has so many spins and U - turns ... it might well name its party NUTS ( Notorious U-Turn & Spin Party).

PAP also taught you one lesson on how to suck your bosses dick permanently.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GMS.jpg

GMS should ask himself why Desmond, Steve and Sebas were the targets when we have so many opposition candidates? Why Lina, Jeanette, Hazel, Leon, KJ, TJS etc weren't.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS should ask himself why Desmond, Steve and Sebas were the targets when we have so many opposition candidates? Why Lina, Jeanette, Hazel, Leon, KJ, TJS etc weren't.

He will take every opportunity to blame the WP just like how I would with the matlanders.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He will take every opportunity to blame the WP just like how I would with the matlanders.

Agree. These things happen so often. (Former) SDP supporters haranguing WP leaders, how Wayang Party blog was set up, impersonating them. People haranguing SDP female members. GMS himself picked on Sylvia Lim's and Nicole Seah's personal relationships, making snide remarks.

He seem to have kept silence on all these behaviours, including his own.

Talking about clean politics and playing dirty tactics is an exclusivity of only PAP and GMS/PPP. That's why I always repeat and reiterate that of all the "opposition" politicians, GMS has always been the most PAP of them all.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't understand how it is a smear campaign when it is the truth that he did take nude photos with his maid. How is this a smear? It's like saying Goh Meng Seng looks like a fucking 60 year old man.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS's comments on this issue is not in line with a "thinking being". He should'nt be in politics.

GMS.jpg

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will NSP candidates for Sembawang and Tampines GRC quit the contest as well?

Will we see other opposition parties moving into Sembawang and Tampines GRC?

NSP political journey is FINISHED after this episode. How could they have believed that they will get votes. Certainly not mine and those of my friends..... sigh

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GMS's comments on this issue is not in line with a "thinking being". He should'nt be in politics.

It's not about whether he can think. The issue is with his agenda, which is to be against WP. There was no indication that the people who made fun of Desmond Lim are WP supporters, Lim isn't even clashing with WP.

Why do you think GMS keeps harping on WP supporters. WP leaders have shown little weakness because they know how to hold their gab, unlike him. By labelling any loud opposition supporter as a purely WP supporter, he is trying to insinuate that WP is poor in this regard.

NSP political journey is FINISHED after this episode. How could they have believed that they will get votes. Certainly not mine and those of my friends..... sigh

NSP has become out of action after the saga. The Facebook and Kevryn has gone quiet. I beileve Hazel's resignation has sparked a storm since a number of former RP members are still a clique with her.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NSP has become out of action after the saga. The Facebook and Kevryn has gone quiet. I beileve Hazel's resignation has sparked a storm since a number of former RP members are still a clique with her.

Another party will surface. With same objectives. The game just carries on ....................... New players will take over from those discarded.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Another party will surface. With same objectives. The game just carries on ....................... New players will take over from those discarded.

One of the new parties like PPP may already be positioned to take over NSP's "role".