• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

boomer uncle always like that nowadays

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are over 40,
your family members stopped talking to you, your career hit a peak, you feel depressed. Things start to get less affordable because your pay increment lags behind.

then no money to drink in KTVs, only can go kopitiams

Last edited:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are over 40,
your family members stopped talking to you, your career hit a peak, you feel depressed. Things start to get less affordable because your pay increment lags behind.

then no money to drink in KTVs, only can go kopitiams
It's so much cheaper to buy a coffee capsule machine and drink capsule coffee.

So the point is not the coffee but the gathering of like-minded people. Maybe not even like-minded. They just wanted some company.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap should ban uncle's gathering and drinking in coffee shops. They can ban ah neh from drinking why not uncle's?
When I was a young man, I used to view the older generation as washed up, past their prime, full of complaints, unreasonable, short tempered etc. It was only when I joined their ranks decades later that I began to see their frustration at the impatience and immaturity displayed by younger people. Why does Gen Z show so much dislike for their seniors? Is it because of the lack of love shown to them by their own parents? Why tar all older people with the same brush?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's so much cheaper to buy a coffee capsule machine and drink capsule coffee.

So the point is not the coffee but the gathering of like-minded people. Maybe not even like-minded. They just wanted some company.
most of them just like to brag and 抬杠
They just want people to pay attention to them,
talk about how great china is (but lost their previous job to PRCs),
talk about inflations (but loves the GST vouchers and handouts),
complain about government (but vote for incumbent),

because nobody want to listen to them at home.

.................others just offer an listening ear in exchange for free beers

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a young man, I used to view the older generation as washed up, past their prime, full of complaints, unreasonable, short tempered etc. It was only when I joined their ranks decades later that I began to see their frustration at the impatience and immaturity displayed by younger people. Why does Gen Z show so much dislike for their seniors? Is it because of the lack of love shown to them by their own parents? Why tar all older people with the same brush?
It's because of the media.

The media promotes youthfulness, and if you are not you are condemned to uncles and aunties. If you are a uncle, you are considered old, old-fashioned, not IT savvy, and etc. You can see it in Mediacorp dramas the discrimination against the seniors is rampant. I saw an advertisement where the Pak Jam lao Ah Gua addresses another lady as Lao Charbo. The PAP plays its part by inventing labels such as Pioneer, Merdeka and now, Majulah.

However, when it comes to General Election, the election officers are very cultured. They addressed every Ah Pek as Sir, and Ah Ma as Madam. If you fly SIA business class, you are assured that even if you are 80 years old, the stewardesses will not call you uncle, because they know the innuendoes in such address. It's a low SES invention.

So don't blame Gen Z.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess maybe they like to talk too much ?
Like me talk so much in sbf . If I do this in real life I'm sure all the gen z will react the same :geek:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess maybe they like to talk too much ?
Like me talk so much in sbf . If I do this in real life I'm sure all the gen z will react the same :geek:
hanor and is hokay, as patience is a virgin virtue. especially one ex-imh patient patiently waiting to be a virgin and dressing like a slut :redface:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
hanor and is hokay, as patience is a virgin virtue. especially one ex-imh patient patiently waiting to be a virgin and dressing like a slut :redface:
You are born a virgin. You cannot "wait" to be a virgin. What are you talking, James ? :rolleyes:

You cannot turn back the clock.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last remnants of these genes. Once the more educated younger generation takes over, they will become relics. Treasure them while they lasts.

the-coolies-by-chong-fah-cheong-singapore-art-museum-singapore-cb99h8.jpg

1698045614113.jpeg