• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blind S'porean with guide dog treated poorly by staff at clothes store

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
blind_singaporean_with_guide_dog_treated_poorly__not_once-thumbnail.jpg

A blind Singaporean had brought her guide dog into a Forever 21 outlet, only to be stopped three times by staff who treated her poorly. One of them also told her that no dogs were allowed in the store.

The 33-year-old psychotherapist is the second Singaporean trained to use a guide dog to help her move around. She had contracted Stargardt disease at the age of eight, and lost her vision over time.

According to a report in The Straits Times, Ms Cassandra Chiu had visited the fashion chain's Orchard Exchange outlet with her six-year old daughter, a maid and her labrador, Esme.

When she headed into a changing room to try on a pair of pants, a staff member told her that no dogs were allowed in the store. When Ms Chiu started to explain that Emse was her guide dog, the staff member had already walked away.

Thinking that the staff member had understood that Esme was a guide dog, Ms Chiu continued heading towards the changing rooms. There, she was once again stopped by another staff member who told her that she needed to speak to the manager.

When no manager arrived after 10 to 15 minutes of waiting, Ms Chiu got frustrated and went to try on the pants. Upon exiting the changing room, a third staff member told Ms Chiu to stop and dragged her back into the room.

Finally, another staff member intervened to say that guide dogs are allowed in the store. Ms Chiu told her to "ask the staff to stop harassing me" and left the store with her purchase of pants.

Ms Chiu shared her experience on a Facebook page she had set up in Emse's name, sparking outrage among netizens.

The Singapore management of Forever 21 apologized on the post and said they would like to meet Ms Chiu to apologise in person, but she declined.

"I don't think that's necessary. The problem is that we need to have a more inclusive society. If they want to do something, they should put a guide dog decal in their store so there won't be questions about whether guide dogs are allowed inside," said Ms Chiu.

Photos: ST

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blind people need someone with them when buying clothes mah right ?

they won't know if fit or nice or not mah............

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not say I bad hearted. Dogs have ticks and they can easily go onto the fabrics and multiply.:o

Datuk which generation you belong to? Nowadays dogs sleep in bed with human, only in kampong days dogs have ticks because they screw around with chickens in kampong.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say all these people who cannot treat the disabled a bit better - may you have a blind family member so that you can understand why we need to treat disabled people better.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it unbelievable how ignorant Sinkies are about pets, especially the older generation. I think all these all farts need to be sent back to school to be re-educated.

My dog is allowed to sleep on bed, sofa, play with baby... no ticks no sickness and we have live this way for years.

Dogs only have ticks because they have owners who don't keep them clean, period.

That is why Sinkieland will always remain third world. In all the developed countries, dogs are all trained and accepted in public places, public transport... the only exception is Sinkieland which has a sign everywhere that says "no pets allowed".

Sinkieland's most disabled-friendly feature is having disabled parking lots everywhere, in all condos, and they are all empty, because no disabled people in Sinkieland can afford a car.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually not say I bad hearted. Dogs have ticks and they can easily go onto the fabrics and multiply.:o

I think you mean kutu..they pass from the perempuan to the anjing & then back & they fall off, stick to the fabrics & multiply...susa!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peesai not ready for this kinda thing and it wil never be ready. She should consider immigating, no other choice.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business owners have a right to impose terms of businesses on their premises. For instance no eating or drinking, no Chinese or dogs allowed within premises, etc. Their store, their rules, as long as they can justify the reasons for refusing to conduct business in the way customers want, such as not allowing customers to bring their cats and dogs into the premises. Why back-paddle when faced with public scrutiny?

Can't leave the dog outside while being attended to by the retail staff after informing them of their disability? I think this visually impaired lady is probably damn kuai lan.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
544782_285435428199106_536481524_n.jpg

I find it potentially exciting to date a blind woman.

[video=youtube;PDZcqBgCS74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZcqBgCS74[/video]

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't leave the dog outside while being attended to by the retail staff after informing them of their disability? I think this visually impaired lady is probably damn kuai lan.

To some extent, I agree to this. However, if the staff never volunteer to be her guide, then how?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you mean kutu..they pass from the perempuan to the anjing & then back & they fall off, stick to the fabrics & multiply...susa!

Tuan, Agree.

You can call itu kutu atau mayam atau ticks atau mites ... whatever binya...

However, can you imagine if the owner of the dog not that hygienic and kutus atau mayams fall on clothes ....

People try on clothes ada kutus stuck on them.... then how binya ?:eek:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
have can leave dog outside?

so cute dog, so many people want to potong jalan...
This type of dog worth a lot more because of special training. And usually very close to owner for obvious reason. Many developed nations have non discrimination practices that specifically allow such dogs into shops. Sinkieland may be rich, but clearly not fully developed in many other areas.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuan, Agree.

You can call itu kutu atau mayam atau ticks atau mites ... whatever binya...

However, can you imagine if the owner of the dog not that hygienic and kutus atau mayams fall on clothes ....

People try on clothes ada kutus stuck on them.... then how binya ?:eek:

U think human hair and body no kutu ?
What kind of logic is this?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it unbelievable how ignorant Sinkies are about pets, especially the older generation. I think all these all farts need to be sent back to school to be re-educated.

My dog is allowed to sleep on bed, sofa, play with baby... no ticks no sickness and we have live this way for years.

Dogs only have ticks because they have owners who don't keep them clean, period.

That is why Sinkieland will always remain third world. In all the developed countries, dogs are all trained and accepted in public places, public transport... the only exception is Sinkieland which has a sign everywhere that says "no pets allowed".

Sinkieland's most disabled-friendly feature is having disabled parking lots everywhere, in all condos, and they are all empty, because no disabled people in Sinkieland can afford a car.

Hang on tight to your dog!
We have very sensitive people that are allergic to dogs due to religion!
And we also have things that are even more allergic to dogs due to diet, they just can't stop eating them!
And also we have things that are allergic to dogs due to profession especially if you dog is not tax payers' fed fat dogs in white coat! These white fat dogs don't like other dogs running around in parliament house & their expensively renovated offices!