• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big Shot sir is allow to leave SG with 500k bail de woh

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Former transport minister S. Iswaran has applied to travel out of Singapore to assist his son in settling into university in Australia. This comes three weeks after he faced 27 charges including corruption, all of which he has pleaded not guilty.

The Straits Times reported on Thursday (8 February) that the prosecution had imposed several conditions on Iswaran's request, including a cash bail of $500,000.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ex-minister must also provide his itinerary and his address overseas to the investigation officer and remain contactable. He must also surrender his travel documents within 24 hours upon returning to Singapore.

Iswaran, who is currently out on bail amounting to $800,000, appeared at the State Courts around 2.30pm on Thursday to apply for permission to leave the jurisdiction, according to The Straits Times.

His case will also be transferred to the High Court, with the prosecution citing strong public interest.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
His arrest in July 2023 by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) was part of an investigation into a separate matter, which also led to the arrest of Ong.

Iswaran has engaged Senior Counsel Davinder Singh from Davinder Singh Chambers as his legal representation, while Chief Prosecutor Tan Kiat Pheng leads the prosecution. In a statement released after his court appearance on 18 January, Iswaran stated his innocence and expressed his focus to clear his name. The pre-trial conference was set for 1 March.

Iswaran was elected as a Member of Parliament for West Coast GRC in 1997, serving in this capacity for the past 26 years. He was promoted to a full ministerial position in the Prime Minister’s Office in 2011. Following his charges last month, he has resigned from both roles as well as from the People's Action Party.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wallabies have been let loose outside our Court House

download.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE — Former transport minister S. Iswaran has applied to travel out of Singapore to assist his son in settling into university in Australia. This comes three weeks after he faced 27 charges including corruption, all of which he has pleaded not guilty.

The Straits Times reported on Thursday (8 February) that the prosecution had imposed several conditions on Iswaran's request, including a cash bail of $500,000.

LOL son needs parental assistance to settle into university. Still pre-puberty kid, lanjiao haven't grown hair yet? :roflmao:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw him and his family once in Gold Coast Woolsworth. I greeted him Minister Iswaran and he wished me a good holiday in Gold Coast. He is a kind man
Iswaran is extremely kind to himself, helping himself to all manner of perks from local businessmen like Ong Beng Seng to advance his business interests.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
more like going for a short break to avoid pap straits times paparazi
Actually the charges were minor, he should just throw in the towel. We are talking about a million, if not hundreds of thousand to file his defense in court. He will implicate many other civil servants down because they dare not expose him or also benefited from the kick-backs.

The main culprit was Ong who had been bribing his way (for decades) with relatives of civil servants or civil servants, since his four seasons hotel trophy.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
No sir. My family and I went to Brisbane and from Brisbane we rented a car and drive to Gold Coast. Alternatively u can take train from Brisbane to GoldCoast
BNE and OOL are lovely places in Australia, bet you visited Australian Zoo. The theme parks in Goldcoast are very old now but the beaches are still splendid.

Tram and Uber is cheap in Goldcoast too, if you are lazy to drive.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
BNE and OOL are lovely places in Australia, bet you visited Australian Zoo. The theme parks in Goldcoast are very old now but the beaches are still splendid.

Tram and Uber is cheap in Goldcoast too, if you are lazy to drive.
Maybe I want to plan for Brisbane and Sunshine Coast for my next trip. Can visit Australia zoo . Pls share with me more information